Talking while driving
20 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Along the way, Sharod tried to come up with a plan to find out what happened to Jeniffer, whatever she was still herself. Not like last night Lisa he thought. His heartbeat raised as he continue to run on the empty hallway, only the sound of his puffing breath accompany him.

=====

A while later…

A black car drove out of the school’s parking lot.

A middle-aged man wearing a black uniform along with a black cap with the word ‘security' written on it could be seen standing beside the school gate. He bowed toward the driver of the black car, his face was full of smiles.

The car wheel continue to turn, a sudden engine roar echoed, and people around the school gate immediately get out of the way. Quickly breaking the wind, the car immediately left others cars that were pulling out of the school ground in the dust.

The security watched the speeding black car with the same smile. When the car has had become a black dot over the horizon, his expression fell, only a blank face remained. He clicked his tongue out and walked back to his post. Glowing strings of characters could be glimpsed on his hand as he sat in his post.

Sharod’s instinct the moment the car went to touch the road with a blast was to immediately hold down for dear life. If anything his sister taught him well was how to handle yourself if your life was put in the hand of a mad driver, obviously making sure that you have the most stable position inside a vehicle is the utmost priority.

Damn every single female driver out there! No one of their kind is sane when driving except Rebecca…

With the speed of the wind, Jeniffer drove the car while seemingly unhindered through the road. Slipping to nook and crack between traffic, she couldn’t be stopped.

When the road became more straight and the vehicles became more sparse did the car didn’t shake around anymore.

“Damn it, Jeniffer,” Sharod said while calmly fixing his position inside the car passenger seat. “You almost make heart jumped.”

“Hahaha…” she laughed with heartily laugh.” Well, it is fun to play with you and second I have been wanting to go wild for a while now. So why not? You don’t know how boring it was inside Ms. Maya’s office.”

Sharod looked at the driver's side and saw a crescent moon plastered on the old lady's face. Definitely a crazy girl he thought. Taking a deep breath, his muscle began to relax, and his face began to ease up

He reminisce about how daily life with her had never ever felt boring because of how many reckless things she had thought just to fill in her thirst for excitement. Just like how she turned the headmistress into a skinsuit to fulfill her curiosity. She really had an eccentric personality, but that’s how she was and that’s why I so intrigue by this girl

I wonder how did she grow up to be such a crazy child, but I’m glad she is still the usual Jeniffer.

Suddenly he felt his body balance shifted and his cheek stick to the car windows. Jeniffer just took a sudden turned to overtake a car in front of her.

“I have long wanted to try driving on my own! Hahaha...” She laughed.

“Why don’t you try driving for a change? Don’t worry about crashing. She still has dozen more at her home according to her memory.” She suggested to Sharod who felt like his head was spinning. A little bump was visible on the side of his head.

“When I have a driver's license. Don’t wanna be caught by my mother-in-law you know.” He answered with a playful tone and a smirk to add.

“Stop it, don’t mention her, you bastard.” She said while her voice become more high-pitched. Her arm let go of the steering wheel and slapped the shoulder of the cheeky boy.

*Slap

Sharod suddenly felt like a bone or two was broken from that slap. He flinched, his eyes brows frowned, his face scrunched up. A groaning sound came out of his mouth without him realizing it.

“Oh sorry.” Her face changed to a guilty face.” I haven’t got used to this body power.”

“Arg… How an old lady has this much power is a strange thing to consider and focus on driving will you?.” He said while still trying to feel his shoulder, it was almost like my bone really broke from that he thought. A few swings and the pain slowly went away.

He turned to look at Jeniffer's current appearance which was the perfect image of a middle-aged woman that was almost past her prime with a slender arm and a thin body. With how her clothes outline her proportion, I wonder where the hell such power came from…

“Alright, Sorry but, yeah. Haven’t we already talk about this? Ms. Maya is still full of mystery. Her body strength is one thing, but you don’t even know how many crazy things I discover inside her head. It is mind-blowing.” She smiled once more. She smiled so wide that Sharod worried if she might rip her checks.

“Having turned the most vicious lady in school is already strange experience.” plus meeting a ghost possessing your sister while watching her molesting your sister body he thought

“I don’t think anything you say will surprise me anymore. Yesterday was already mythical enough that anything feels mundane compared to it.” his shoulder felt fine again, so he leaned against the seat while relaxing his tense muscle.

With how much had happened Sharod himself wondered if there is anything out there that could faze him. Looking out the car window, he thought how his life had gotten a lot more interesting and how many questions piled inside his head.

Like, why did that ghost possessed his sister? What is the use of that amulet? Who was the little girl in the classroom? What is his power actually is? And what is the voice that keeps talking to his mind randomly?.

He wasn’t overwhelmed by those questions, on the contrary, he felt his heart pumped and smile creep in onto his face. He was reminded of how his father that almost never home. Well, I guess I should really go out there and find out, am I? I wonder if Dad felt this way that’s why he likes to travel a lot.

“Hoho…” her eyes turned to Sharod, they narrowed on the smiling Sharod. Like a fox ready to unleash its greatest prank, she turned her smirk to a more playful one. ”Trust me. You will.”

“Okay, bring it on.” He said, then he felt something came up to his mind that he go Ah.

“But if you can’t surprise me then you have to answer anything I ask you.” He turned his head again, answering her with a smirk.

“Hmph! Bring it on then.” Her competitive spirit flare-up.

“First, Hmm…” she tilted her head while humming.

“Okay, how about this, do you know that Ms. Maya and your Aunt, Rebecca is actually a sister?.” She said

“What?” He exclaimed with his mouth agape. Then he fell into thought, taking him back when he first enrolled in his current school. It was probably the first time he saw Ms. Maya. Not really a pleasant memory he thought.

He already felt unease about her since the first meeting. With how her rumor that circulating through the school which Sharod had heard first hand from upperclassmen he met.

He was with Rebecca and they went to talk inside Ms. Maya's office. It wasn’t clear what they had talked about, but it seemed to concern his enrollment in this school without a proper grade. He remembers how his aunt hugged Ms. Maya on the first meeting and how they shared cheek kisses.

He was let out of the conversation and told to stand outside the office. He got nothing to do and his lips were pursed the whole time. It was only when Jusbi pass by that his boredom of waiting was bearable.

“Hmm… you actually shine a light on a few oddities that I had noticed before. I usually just regarded them with little concern, but Rebecca actually understood Ms. Maya really well. That’s explain something.” He said with a pondering look on his face.

“Right? They actually quite close as a sister, they seem to be in harmony. They even take a bath together and went to the same school together. It is after I scanned Ms. Maya's memory that I know that. It was quite the challenge scanning her memories, it was a jumbled mess of an event.” She pursed her lip following her words.

Sharod really wondered woman was a curious creature that could change expression at the drop of hat. He had this thought before, but it still fascinated him.

“They were that close?.” he turned his body to face Jeniffer. “Huh, that’s strange, she never mentioned it.”

Rebecca was a bit conservative about her private life. She went on to dodge any question regarding her private life like how she always dodge the question of why she hadn’t gotten married yet. It got annoying sometimes, but she is really nice woman that it is hard to force her to answer.

With how much she had done for his family, cooking, taking care of the house, and helping him live his life even defending his hobby against his sister. She already felt like a mother to Sharod.

“Yeah, but I actually haven’t got a good grasp on their past. As I said, it is a jumbled mess. Every time I look into her memories, what I saw would be like seeing a movie that likes to jump abruptly to a random scene. It often felt incoherent, but other I felt like seeing different person memories.” She explained while pointing one of her fingers beside her head and making a spinning gesture.

“Huh, so you can actually view her memory…” that confirmed his vision he thought. “How do you see them? How much do you see? How does it feel?.”

“Hmm…” she pursed her lips as her eyes seemingly went into a daze.

“It was like seeing a film of someone's life, but with a broken CD. It is really clear when it is clear, but others parts often get blurry.” She then continued. “I had peeked at their childhood until they graduate middle school, but high school was a mess, I always felt a chill and my body would shake at that thought. Then comes the college which became blurry, but then it stopped after that, only blank pages.”

Sharod wanted to say something, but he was thrown to his seat once again as Jeniffer had just accelerated once again, again slipping through and overtaking all the cars she encounter.

The quiet road was filled to brim with cars. The red sky with an orange hue, the sun that almost set. Students groups walking by the street road while street vendors starting to open their stores. Workers starting to gone home from their workplace.

The car began to crazily turn left and right. Going to small streets and avoiding traffic.

With how her mother is a policewoman, she seemingly knew where to go to avoid being seen by the police. Like how she suddenly turned right and took a longer route. When Sharod. Asked, she said because there is usually a police car hiding just beside the building on that side of the corner.

But it wasn’t long until she was finally forced to calm down. The surrounding car also starting to honk their car, a red dot shine accompanied by his friend, a green dot, and a yellow dot. The car had surrounded her car. The traffic finally caught her.

“Argh…” dizzying feeling was becoming unbearable for Sharod. He held one hand to his head while his expression wasn’t looking that much better.

“Dammit.” He cursed.

“Hahahaha…” Her laughter followed right after.” Sorry sorry. It was that much fun so I couldn’t help it.”

“Yeah Yeah, heard that a thousand times already in my lifetime.” Shaking the dizzying feeling, he finally leaned back to his seat.

“By the way, talking about Rebecca. Did you meet her when you are in Ms. Maya’s office? Or did she met her before today?.” Her unresponsive chat and no other contact today had made Sharod worried quite a bit. Hopefully, she is fine.

“Hmm…” she hummed.” No, I don’t think so. Why?.”

“Well, she was supposed to meet Ms. Maya today to discuss my problem. But I had not heard anything from her since this morning. Her chat went unresponsive either.” He said. Thought about awful fate befalling her crossed his head, his eyebrows furrowed and shadow was cast on his face.

“No worries, she is a fine and thoughtful woman. I’m sure she didn’t do anything that might worry you.” She said with a smile.

Well, she is not you, after all, Sharod thought. “Yeah, you are right. Hey, could we take a detour first?”

Looking out the window, his eyes stare at the setting sun. The passing student was caught in his vision. She should still be in her university and about to go home. This should be the right time to observe her.

“Where?.” She said.

“To my sister university.” To find out about that ghost, he didn’t say that part.

“Lisa’s university? Interesting.” She grinned with an amusing smile. Greenlight outshine his other companion, Jeniffer immediately stepped on the car gas.

 

1