Chapter 18: Difficult Situation(2)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Covering Mary's mouth in one hand, she put her index finger to her lips, signaling to Mary to stay quiet. She then injected a quick concoction of concentrated extracted melatonin into her arm to make sure Mary didn't make a fuss.

The silent muffled screams faded away as Mary relaxed in her arms, slowly dozing off to dreamland. After putting Mary in a random corner of the cell, she began preparing for herself.

'Well then, it's my turn.' Anne thought to herself as she carefully ripped the seams of her clothes to make them look a tiny bit tattered. Next, she rolled on the germ-infested floor and slinked away to a blind spot in the room.

After she hid, her concentration slipped away, making the nearing footsteps louder and louder. Despite Anne's situation, she had a  sudden wayward sense of tranquility as bullets of cold sweat slinked down her neck.

After hearing the heavy footsteps pass, Anne carefully injected an antidote onto Mary's arm and steadily slinked away into her cell.

When Anne reached her cell, she collapsed, the tranquil mental state breaking down, leaving her feeling vulnerable.

After a moment of depression, she returned to her original self, muttering under her breath that she must keep her emotions under wraps.

After coming to this hellhole, she started doing this every day, at least, every day after that person left her.

As the cold look in her eyes faded, she started to wash up. The sound of the shower resounded through the quiet, dark halls as light started to creep in, awaking many others.

After buttoning the last button on her collared shirt, Anne looked in her mirror and spun away to leave the cell. The atmosphere in the cold, small cell at that very moment was akin to a soldier leaving home to approach the coming war.

*****

As many others gathered at the bright auditorium, Anne searched around for the other three but instead found a pair of crimson eyes scrutinizing her.  The aura she felt from the man dressed in circus attire with face paint on his face was familiar.

She pondered on the matter for a while, and when she found the answer, She froze. Anne wished that she would have fainted right there and then but held it in and quickly strode away, intensifying the suppressing aura.

As she got to a far enough position,  she suddenly heard a booming voice through the large speakers covering the auditorium's ceiling.

It was the prime minister of Feronis.

"Good morning, girls and boys. From now on, me, Alquazita Goa, the prime minister of Feronis, the prime minister of Akaila, and our assistants will be looking over this experiment! Be thankful that you have had such a privilege of seeing me for 3 years! That's all for now. I shall be seeing you later."

The four figures turned away and walked away from the dimming lights above the stage, the last ray of light leaving as the four descended from the stage.

After a round of giving respects and singing the national anthem, the crowd slowly dispersed, leaving only two behind.

It was the joker like man and Dr. Zero.

" Dr. Zero, should we go somewhere more discreet to talk?" the familiar low and dangerous voice said.

" Yes, Mr. Joker. He heh heh" Dr. Zero's face was flushed a bright shade of tomato red as he trailed behind the tall man.

*****

" Hey Anne, are you sure this is the right way?" Ice asked as they passed through the bustling halls.

" Ya, are you the one that has been staying here for two years? No. So please just shut up and follow me. I'm supposed to be your tour guide after all." Anne replied hastily as they passed through the seemingly blood-stained walls with many doors engraved on them.

"By the way, which room are we stationed in?" Ruby asked as she caught up to the other two.

" Oh, room 306, the same room as me. I must warn you though, this roo-" Anne bumped into something.

' It's not hard, so it is not a wall, and it is  not soft either, a bit firm-- wait.' Anne's thoughts halted to a stop as her neck creaked up to see the same pair of crimson eyes.

Frightened, she backed away a few steps and bowed, greeting the pair in front of them. She pushed the siblings' backs to usher them to do the same.

" Well, hello Anne-chan~ Why are you here?" Dr. Zero asked, his lizard head popping out of the tall man's back.

" I'm here to guide my fellow lab subjects from Akaila, as assigned by Supervisor Lisa. We were just about to go to your lab." Anne asked, bullets of sweat on her palm, hoping that she didn't sound scared or shaky.

" Is that so? May I go and watch too?" the person beside Dr. Zero spoke.

" No problem, Mr primer minister's assistant~ Well, come on, let's go!" Dr. Zero ushered the four, his tongue dancing happily as he did so.

' Well, looks like we have no choice.' Anne gulped nervously and signaled for Ruby and Ice to follow.

The two looked at each other, their eyes showing question marks, perplexed by Anne's sudden change of attitude.

Nonetheless, they followed, and soon, the four arrived at the metal door with 306 engraved in it.

" Welcome to my humble abode~ Make yourselves at home~" Dr Zero opened the door, the bright lights glaring at the three children as they unknowingly stepped into a tiger's den.


Sorry for uploading late(>人<;)
Enjoy!~

0