Chapter 7: An Old Friend Joined To The Team.
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today, I visited Prague to visit a dear friend of mine to join my team. She same age as me and entered the warfare academy entrance exam. Knowing her, I am pretty sure she did an excellent job, so she is my first target.

 

"It has been a long time since we saw each other, am I right? Two years to be exact. So, how are you doing, Olivia? Or I should say, sis."

 

Olivia is another survivor from the facility I got saved. We are the only two who survived till today, and since we grew up together in the same facility, I see her as my sister. And Olie, as I prefer to call her, usually doesn't like to talk about experiments done on her in that facility, but one thing is clear she is one of the strongest people I know.

 

"Of course, you can, but what happened to Olie? Did you find someone who will be mad about you calling another girl with a nickname?" Her sudden seriousness confused me, but she began laughing before I even managed to talk. "Of course, you didn't. I doubt you ever left your workshop without dad forcing you to. So tell me, what did you do in these two years."

 

I met with Olie when I first came to the facility when we were three. I was a bit anxious, and I had a hard time talking with other kids. Olie was the first person to try talking with me, and since we both got rescued from the same shithole, we managed to get along well.

 

"Said madame popular. Of course, I don't have anyone special enough to stop me from calling my sister by her nickname, but let me ask you the same question. Did you finally find yourself a boyfriend or a girlfriend?"

 

It is a sensitive topic for Olie. Experiments made on her left scars that even a veteran of two world wars will not have on their body. Her face is unscared compared to her body, with only one cut mark on her left cheek, but the other parts, from bruises and burns to stitches. I don't even want to know what she survived through.

 

These scars cause people to be biased against Olie, even though she is kind, like an angel.

 

My anxiety and lack of concept of social interaction turned me into an outcast among the other children back facility, which I can proudly say I don't have anymore. And Olie was also in a similar state, yet unlike me, she had physical problems keeping others away from her.

 

Olie stopped talking and looked down with a sad face. "No good luck? I am not saying that just because I am your sister, but you are one of the most pretty people I know."

 

Her sad face turned into a pitying laugh, and she put her hand on my shoulder. "You don't need to talk. Knowing there is someone even more hopeless than me is enough to console me."

 

She didn't need to hurt me that way, but okay. I will take that for my sister's happiness. Not because I am in an even more desperate state.

 

But I am serious about her being pretty. Olie's face and physique are better than most of the girls. Her only flaw is the scars, and that's not even technically her flaw.

 

"So, how did you do on your test matches." I still have people I should talk to before the academy opens. I need to keep things fast. "I heard you did well, but I want to learn results firsthand."

 

Her smile grew. "None of them stand a chance against me. Five matches, five flawless, well last two matches were a bit hard, I found myself against opponents with annoying abilities, but I kicked their butts without bursting any locks."

 

I am not surprised. I was waiting for that outcome. The power Olie gained from experiments is quite strong, and the locks she mentioned are evidence of that.

 

Olie can create a black mist, which she can freely control, but that's not everything. She can also transform her body into that black mist. She can move insanely fast inside it, and she can control and manipulate the mist's physical state to her desire, from creating thousands of razor-sharp spikes from the ground to tentacles that can put an octopus into shame.

 

But Olie has the main drawback that makes her powers sometimes unreliable. When she overuses her ability in a fully transformed state, a bloodlust takes over and turns Olie from an angel to a demoness. A demoness who can take down thirty professional UDC agents when she is only six. Thankfully whoever did those experiments placed a lock mechanism to limit her powers.

 

"I am not surprised. We call you demoness for a reason." That is an actual nickname given to Olie by one of the officers after she almost died trying to stop Olie in a state of bloodlust.

 

"Yes, I am the demoness, but this demoness will go to one of the best warfare academies in the world." She is proud of her achievements, and I am happy about it. With her strength, she might find the respect she deserves. "Talking about my matches, how did you do in your matches."

 

"I won all of them, no big deal, but how to say that. Rather than fighting in the main league, UDC invited me into a special league for certain people." Well, she will learn it one day. "Which I end up kicking the butt of next heir of Crusaders, and before you give any compliments to me, listen to this. UDC gave me permission to make a team of special students for more black ops style missions, what you say."

 

"Well, I was already thinking of joining special ops when I graduate, and that's a great offer which I accept, but we really need to talk about how to tell people important news."

 

I pulled out a contract and put it on a table with a pencil. "I still have more people to tell this offer, so it is the deal. You will go to the same school as I, and everything will be regular, but we will be doing certain types of jobs in our free time, sign, and you are in."

 

She sighed but still signed the contract. "Call me when you finish assembling the team, and tell dad to pick me up when he can. I am getting bored in here while you two are away."

 

I grabbed the contract. "You are the best, and I will tell father."

 

She smiled. "Now, if we got over that, let's go somewhere to eat. I am getting hungry."

 

***** Back in Berlin. Where the father is staying.

"So, how did it go with Olivia? Did she accept or not? Or importantly, when will she give her old man a visit?"

 

"Of course, she accepted. After all, it's been two years since I last saw my sister, and now we are going to the same school. Also, to answer your question, she is currently staying at the facility in Prague and said to me you can go and pick her up whenever you want." I opened my phone. "It is one check on the list and for the next person. I am going to Portugal. You don't need to come with me."

 

Father got up and began preparing a suitcase. "There will be a council meeting that UDC expects me to join. But you are more important than that, so I might need to ditch that meeting entirely."

 

"Then good luck to you. I am flying with phoenixes while you enjoy your vacation."

0