Now What? | Chapter 3
113 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anna slowly woke up from her deep slumber, and as luck would have it, the fatigue she had felt was gone.

'Wait, why am I tired again?'  Anna ruminated for a while before memories of the previous hours came back like a tidal wave, the terrifying occurrence replayed on her mind once again and she groaned. 

"It was f*cking real!" It's not just her imagination or a dream!

'I was chased by a slime creature and then I rush home and slept deeply for a while, then what? What happened to the slime?'  Questions flooded Anna's mind, the unreal experience kept confusing her mind for a while. She stood up from the couch and slowly trek her apartment in the dark. 'my phone? where is it?' 

Anna blindly wave her hands in search and go on to find her phone in the dark for a few minutes before her hand grabbed it, she opened it and happened to glance at the date, her eyes widened in disbelief and she was then stoned in her position. 

"July 8? Not July 6?" Anna rubbed both her eyes with one hand and looked at the screen again, nothing changed. She off it and then opened it again, the date still hasn't changed. 

"I slept two more days?!!" Anna's mind became confused.

'I just napped a little, right?!!'

Her stiff feet took her near the apartment's window, as she took a deep breath, she raised a hand and took a little peek from the small opening of the window blinds. 

Anna remained mummed. She only had two words to describe the situation outside. Utter Destruction. 

The once tall buildings she likes to gaze at when the night comes were burned to ashes as the surrounding small establishment became ruins one by one. The once lively streets and crowded roads became isolated deserts with nothing on it but crushed cars and black blood flowing everywhere. Weird noises appeared and disappeared in the moments that passed, Anna can't find a single human outside.

Anna backed away from the window, her right hand tightly clenched on her phone. The fear she didn't have time to feel because of shock slowly spread in her whole being. 

'What should I do? What can I do? Do I call help? What now?!' Anna started to walk around her living room while biting her nails. Panic evident on her whole face.

'Think about it, Anna! You should calm yourself! Remember your three be's! Be calm, Be steady, Be rational. Way to go, way to go. Are we calm? Yes, we are. Now think! Let's collect our information first!' Anna stopped strutting around and curled herself on the couch.

"First, on July 06, at exactly 12:00 pm, a void appeared on the skies and devoured it. Second, a weird monster who eats humans appeared and destroyed the whole place. Third, I killed a tentacle-like monster and was suddenly chased by a slime monster, I ran and go back home safely. Fourth, I napped and two days suddenly passed by." Anna raised her four fingers and stared at it.

"Now the questions come. First, what is that void? Second, what are those ugly creatures? Third, what happened to the slime that was chasing me? Fourth, what happened to me and I managed to nap that long?!" 

As no one can answer her questions, Anna cupped her face in frustration and once again chant her mantra. After calming down her turbulent feelings, Anna sighed and leaned on the couch tensely. 

'Since I can't figure out those four questions, I need to figure the other problems now.' 

"I need to check the online media." Anna decided to check online. 'Good, the internet is still working.'

Anna signed in on her media account and check if there was detailed news of what happened on July 06.

'The President revealed the truth about the situation, Netizens were Shocked.'

'Monster Appeared out of nowhere and attacked Citizens.'

'Appearance of Monsters, Humanities Ending?'

'Punishment of God for our sins, Is this Apocalypse?' 

Countless online headlines were shown once she searched the date, Anna opened the very first news she was shown.

"Experts gathered at the Red House and the President revealed these phenomena were expected from 50 years ago but all of them was caught off guard unexpectedly by the 'Eye' suddenly showing up today...?" 

'Those damn officials have known this will happen and they didn't let the public know? Or at least prepare an army to protect the countries people? What caught off guard! They just don't want to let the folks know and try to protect their asses first!'

"The president has already sent reinforcement to the whole country and deployed the government's secret nurtured army to safeguard cities and rescue people from all over the country..." They really should be.

"13 cities were already safeguarded from the 'Variants' in a day and the army would be going to H city for the next rescue and safeguard mission..." Wait a damn minute!

'This city isn't safe yet??? Then why is the building I'm on seems to be safe and sound?' 

Anna's heartbeat-like a drum from nervousness, she thought that while the outside was plagued by weird noises, at least it was safe, seeing that there was no monster roaming around but to think that her life could be endanger till now...

'But if it's really dangerous, the same question remains, why does the building I'm on still safe and sound? Like there's no monster here and my room was still perfectly intact...What use of thinking about this? I'm better off thinking about how to survive until whatever army arrived. Now what?' 

 

 

 

4