Rescue is Here | Chapter 5
66 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Anna has successfully done her assault on the green variant, she was now carefully creeping to the sidewalk. When she finally saw the bright green exterior of the destroyed convenience store, Anna's eyes glowed with greed. 

Food, I'm coming for you! 

Anna began to jog to the place while cautiously looking left and right, seeing that there would be no danger around, her pace fastened. Her black figure can clearly be seen moving around in such an empty big road. Upon reaching the broken glass door, Anna observed the inside through the glass.

The annoying slime variant isn't here, thank goodness.

Anna thanked her lucky stars and carefully opened the glass door. As the door creaked when she opened it, Anna gripped her bat tightly; looking out for some sneak attacks from random variants that may have entered the store. 

After checking around the aisles and the counter and confirming that there were no variants of sorts around, Anna rubbed her palms in glee and begun collecting supplies. 

Food! Beloved food, here I come!

Anna immediately goes to the rice section and got two 5 kg sack of rice, a bunch of canned food, and snacks. After collecting all of that, she began packing it and discovered one big obstacle. I don't have enough arms! 

It was a big problem indeed.

The rice sacks have been packed in her backpack and the canned foods were neatly arranged in one eco-bag, another one filled with water bottles, the snacks in another, and a small plastic bag specially packed for condiments.  

The bag containing the rice can be carried behind and her two eco-bags can be carried by her left arm, what about the left two bags? She surely can't have her dominant arm holding a weapon carry it, especially that it was for her to protect herself. Anna then thought to herself, Damnit, I still have my neck and my mouth!

And so, Anna left the convenience store carrying a heavy backpack, two eco-bags on her left hand, the nailed bat on her right, a swaying eco-bag on her neck, and a little plastic bag being carried on her mouth.

Many will be asking, why can't she just left the others first and return to get it later? The answer is definitely because Anna doesn't want a back-to-back adventure outside where there is a chance a monster will suddenly appear and attack her on the road. 

Please don't let me encounter a variant, please please, please. Anna earnestly prayed while looking left and right on the road. Her pace became faster after seeing the familiar building. Anna began sprinting upon reaching the building stairs, although there were heavy packages in her body, she strangely felt that its weight was non-existent. Another weird feeling, just now on the outside, I thought that these things are pretty heavy but now that I entered the building, I feel that it's pretty light. Anna murmured under her breath as she ran through the corridors of the third floor.

Unlocking her apartment, Anna felt that her whole trip was nerve-wracking. After securing her door, Anna inadvertently glances at the clock and she stared at it with disbelief. So she only spent 15 minutes while going outside? Not an hour? Maybe I was too tense and felt everything is too long.

Anna reasoned to herself and began unpacking the bags. Anna then check her loots and calculated everything, With all of this, I can last a week or so? And by that time, maybe the rescue group or an army will be here then. 

---

On the afternoon of the ninth day, since the void appeared, Anna suddenly felt a big tremor while eating a sausage. She hurriedly glanced in the window and saw black smoke rising from afar, the vague noises of guns can be heard even far away. Don't tell me...that whatever army has appeared? Faster than I thought it would be. Anna rejoiced.

 

3