A Powerful Domain Master | Chapter 6
54 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Anna expected, the rescue army has arrived. 

"Captain, this whole street is clear of any threats now." Assistant Henry concluded after eliminating a slime variant. He looked up and gazed at the stern man in front of him, the team captain, Davis Borough. 

"The Park Street is now cleared." 

"The Herald Street is cleared."

"25 residents rescued in Forest Park."

"10 survivors found in the Saint Hospital."

Consecutive voices sounded in the soldier's earphones and the man leading them finally nodded his head. He entered a military vehicle and commanded through the radio in his hand, "Moved on to the next place."

The soldiers immediately listened to the command and rode the military vehicles they were assigned of. In the very front of the rescue army, sitting on the vehicle, Davis folded his hand in front and stared at the devastating sight of H City. The once called City of Sky High has turned into a crumbling place full of variants.

"Captain, there's a powerful signal coming from the place we're going to clean next." Davis's eyes narrowed, his voice turned icy.

"Is it a variant?" If a powerful variant appeared, the fight will last long. 

"I'm pretty sure it was not. The device didn't blare like last time." Leon scrunched up his brows.

"So, it was a domain user?" A redhead popped up from Leon's side in which Leon swept away with a hand.

"I think so too. But to have this much power, how much did they sleep for?" Leon answered. He really can't confidently say that it was a human, the device only senses a creature's power frequency. It will blare if it's a variant frequency that was already recorded on their database, but it will not if it's a new variant. But the void just appeared, a new variant will not appear that fast, so the only option left is that it was a human that awakened a domain power. 

"Captain, we had arrived." The driver spoke. Davis looked at the quiet streets of the place. A subtle power brush over him when he opened the vehicle's door. 

"Veronica, what do you think?" Davis glanced at the redhead, the girl's playful expression turned serious the moment she stepped out of the vehicle.

"We can rest assured that this is a domain power, it was quite powerful too." Veronica glanced at the surroundings.

 "The power is spread out and prevents powerful variants from approaching this place, acting as a barrier. Just how powerful is the person who did this?!" Veronica exclaimed in amazement as she glances at the serious leader in front. As a powerful domain master himself, the captain might found out the person's location. 

"Team 1, eliminate the variants that may be loitering around here. Team 2, search for possible survivors in the establishments. Team 3, start collecting supplies." Concise commands were immediately delivered and Davis started to walk in a certain direction.

Leon, Veronica, and the two soldiers followed him silently. As they became closer to certain streets, the intensity of the frequency discovered in the device in Leon's hand became intense. Veronica, the one with a scout domain power felt the enormous domain surrounding the place more through than the others and sweated from the domain's intensity. 

"Captain, I'm certain of it. This domain is slightly much more powerful than yours." Veronica confirmed.

Davis didn't pay attention to Veronica's words and instinctively follow the source of the power. Once they turned to a street, they all saw a brilliant white barrier protecting a whole building.

"Damn." Veronica exclaimed. To think the domain power was spread out to the whole place and still have excess energy to protect a 10 story building! This domain master is really powerful.

Davis walked in front of the building and stared at it for a while, which led the four people behind him puzzled.

"Captain, is there a problem?" Leon ask.

"Let's go to the third floor." Davis commanded as they jogged through the stairs.

Stepping foot on the third floor, the four people behind Davis became vigilant for they didn't know if the domain master living on this floor might attack. Stopping on the middle apartment, Davis did not hesitate to knock.

With their heightened senses, the five soldiers heard a scrambling sound and echoes of footsteps nearing the door.

The four soldiers felt the tension. This was a powerful domain master capable of enveloping a whole building in a barrier!

When the door finally opened, the five blankly stared at the woman in a black t-shirt with a fork, eating a sausage and chewing it leisurely. 

"You're not my neighbors?" Anna suspiciously stared at the five garbed people outside.

This is the powerful domain master? More like a pampered lady. The five thought.

1