Anna | Chapter 7
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minutes ago before the team of five reached Anna's apartment.

Anna glared at her living room while curling herself on the couch. From the moment she found out that the rescue is here, her whole body relaxed.

"Since they're coming here, I can relax now. The question is, what to eat?" Anna frowned in thought. Now that the rescue is here, they will surely wipe down those disgusting variants and it'll be safe under their supervision—When that happens, she can loot food as long as the place were under the army's control. This means she didn't need to worry about food provisions anymore! 

"Sausage it is!" Anna clenched her fist and stood up. After many days of being hungry, Anna didn't touch the sausages she had brought home but now is the time! 

Wearing an apron and holding the tongs, Anna carefully fried the sausages one by one. The army will definitely need time to clear the whole H City and they might not get to this place yet, I should enjoy these last hours of peace and watch a movie.

Anna took a few minutes of cooking and brought the plate of food to the living room and settled it on the table, she didn't forget to take a few cold drinks on the refrigerator. Good thing I installed a solar panel last year! 

Anna then proceeds to sit on the couch and took a long sip on her cola while her free hand reaches for the remote control. After choosing a movie of her choice, she put down the remote and hold a fork and pierce a sausage. 

This should be my everyday life but because of a freaking void up in the sky, I can't even do this often anymore.

Anna fiercely bit down the sausage as she leans on the couch comfortably. Her movie just started when someone knocked on her door. Her body shook from the shock and she almost falls off the couch, after regaining her composure, she stood up and walked on the door; Opening it, five people whose faces were unfamiliar showed up.

"You're not my neighbors." Anna was certain of it. She skimmed over their clothes and thought of something.

"Rescue Army?" I thought it will take a much longer time to eventually reach this street? Well, if they entered the city through the west, they might actually be.

"Yes, My name is Davis Borough. I'm the captain of the second rescue army and behind me are my soldiers. May we come in?" Anna stared at the man and the other four. 

"Okay, come in. By the way, my name is Anna." Anna opened the door wide and walk directly through her couch, she gestured the five to sit down on her long couch.

I'm still holding on to my sausage. Anna realized and bit down on it. She stared at the soldiers who were giving her weird glances.

"Well, what brought you, soldiers, here? Are you all evacuating everyone in this building? Should I pack up now?" Anna awkwardly started the conversation, their glances were making her uncomfortable. 

"The teams didn't reach for this street yet." The one who introduced himself as Davis answered. 

"Scouting?" Anna continued chewing her sausage. A weird feeling was telling her that these people in front has a motive.

"No, We're here because of the domain power protecting this whole building." The man holding an uncanny device in his hand answered.

"Domain power?" Anna furrowed her brows, at her questioning look, the five soldiers looked at each other's eyes. 

---

 "Miss Anna, can you take a look outside the window and look at the white barrier outside?" Veronica suggested. The woman then proceeds to eat the final meat on her fork and stood up to look at the window. A few seconds later, she sat down again and looked at them with a puzzled gaze.

"Are you sure there is a white barrier outside? All I can see is that horrible sight." The woman then stabs another sausage on the plate.

Veronica gave a glance at their captain. This Miss Anna is subconsciously controlling this whole domain! 

"Miss Anna, you've seen the appearance of the variants, correct?" Leon calmly asked.

"Um, yes? They're super ugly." The woman frankly said and Veronica subconsciously nodded her head in agreement.

"Then, have you heard of 'domains'?" Leon patiently asked. 

"I often looked at the news online and yeah, heard of it. But, why are you asking me that?" The woman raised a brow and sipped on cola. At this casual look, Veronica thought that this one must be having her life right now while the whole world suffers. 

"Miss Anna, for the past few days, is there anything weird happening to you?" This time, the medic domain master on their group, Henry asked.

"Wait, why are you asking me like that? It's not like I'm a domain user or anything."

"I'm afraid your wrong, Miss Anna. You are a Domain master." The silent Davis finally spoke up.

"As we are all domain masters, we can confirm that you, Miss Anna, are also a domain master." Davis continued and watched as the woman's beautiful brows twitch and her pink lips pursed.

"So Miss Anna is there anything weird happening to you?" The woman grew silent and pondered for a few moments before answering Henry.

"Well, is being super hungry every day counts?" The woman said unsure.

Continuation at chapter 8~ I suddenly became lazy for no reason and wanted to read something~ So adios for now!

3