Chapter 2: The First Encounter
86 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that I was rushed out of the door, apparently it was a school day and I was running a little late. Ofcourse, there is a slight problem with that. I have not the slightest clue where the school is. Luckily, it seems I have a friend who always tags along when I'm going to school. An energetic, theatrical guy only slightly shorter than me. Normally I'd feel more wary at the situation, if it werent for the words levitating over his head.

Entourage member #1 Yuuto Katsura

"Say, say, have you heard what happened recently at school?"

"No?" I somewhat hesitantly replied.

"Ah well, apparently two of the major beauties in the school got into a fight yesterday. And hear this, one of them is our good friend Kazuma. Maybe we'll get to see an interesting scene today."

I'd rather not, seeing as I might get an annoying mission.

"I've heard it was about the new transfer student. Ehh, what's her- ah, Sophia, I think it was. Apparently the oujo-sama thought she was being impudent or something."

How familiar, I wonder how my sister is doing nowadays? I hope she hasn't got into this 'system' mess as well.

As we idly chatted along the way and as we slowly got nearer to the school, we also noticed how the students were surrounding something.

As if right on cue, the voice once again returned:

Mission one: Help the main lead criticise the villainess. Take care not to take over the conversation.

Maximum karma award: 25 points

Maximum karma penalty: 10 points

I sighed: "Haah, why does this have to happen right now."

Katsura nodded, saying "That's how relationships are sometimes." completely missing the point.

I walked up quickly incase I have a strict time limit, Katsura hurriedly trying to keep my pace. Once closer the shouting could be heard, and by god did it look pathetic. It seems they are not very familiar with proper social conduct, making a scene like this. I stepped next to the male lead begrudgingly and tried to take note of what's happening. The gist of it is that the transfer student got bullied because she tripped up the villainess, thus she was forced to apologize while grovelling by the villainesses entourage. I wish I could have an entourage right now too, but I digress. So our hero stepped in saving the bullied girl and then shouting ensued.

Without filtering my words I suddenly blurted out "ridiculous." It wasn't particularly meant for them but more for myself. Was I once like that too? Not that there is problems with interfering in such kinds of situations but there is no reason to turn it into a fight. A simple apology from both sides is a much more reasonable conclusion. However, the moment I had blurted out my sentiments immediately they tried to twist my comment into an attack on the other person.

"Both of you, shut up. No one is in the right here, you are making a mockery of yourself. Pack up your bags and get to class."

Whispers could be heard around me, and I saw a few people fervently nodding at my words in the crowd. Nevertheless it seemed my comment was taken in overwhelmingly negative, and I got lambasted by the both of them about how wrong I am and how serious the matter is. I just started chuckling at myself. I wonder if they're self aware about being so overly dramatic. Being a bit of a smarmy ass I shouted back:

"I am sincerely sorry for the inconvinience the new transfer student caused, it was not right of her to trip people up." 

I then turned around and said "I am sincerely sorry for the inexcusable behavior shown by the other party. While an apology is necessary, escalating the situation unprovoked was entirely unnecessary."

Since you guys didn't want to apologize, I did it for you. All's well that ends well right?

The voice in my head started speaking again.

Mission one: success. Grade: C+, 5 points of karma gained, increased luck (temporary). New balance: 105 karma points.

Report: succesful critisism toward the villainess, points deducted for unnecessary interference, bonus point gained for aggravation of the villainess.

After hearing that I dragged along Katsura to class, as I hoped he would guide me along.

I had not spared a thought to how my decision would influence the future of the story.

1