Ch. 16 – School Store
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The taste of obtaining so many points in a short duration had both Vesemir, and I hooked. Our first success of fighting together set a precedent for the future. We were both very supportive of the idea of continuing to work together in the future.
 
While we were walking back to our dorms, I asked Vesemir what he intended to use his points on. He told me that he would check the school store for any magic-related scripture that interests him. On the other hand, I wanted to spend some of my points to purchase physical enhancing drugs, which helps with increasing gains after training.
 
Physical enhancement drugs were the accepted way among hunters to see more gain in less time. The physical enhancement drugs for hunters and the ones for ordinary people were very different. The physical enhancement drugs meant for Hunters to consume are entirely legal and inflict no damage on the user's body. To make these physical enhancement drugs, monster cores are grounded to a powder and added to a premade solution, which comes together to concatenate the physical enhancement drug. These drugs shared the same grading system with Hunters. Depending on the quality of the monster core used, the effectiveness of the physical enhancement drug would fluctuate greatly. Physical enhancement drugs that used B ranked monster cores would be of B rank, and F if F ranked it used monster cores instead. Drugs for helping improve magic training also exist; however, those tend to be more expensive than those for physical exercise because monsters who mainly use magic are rarer and more dangerous in most cases.
 
The school store was very close to the dormitories. It was only a few turns away from this current path. Since we were so close, we decided that we might as well head to the school store before heading back to the dormitories. The school store was the most protected place in the school. In addition to the armed guards that patrolled around the store 24/7, small intricate machines hovered in the air, scanning their surroundings. I didn't even dare to think of robbing this place.
 
Inside the store hid a whole new world. Weapons, devices, potions, scrolls of all shapes and sizes decorated the walls and shelves. My eyes dashed around the room, unable to find focus in this room of treasures. However, looking at the price tags beneath each item made me cry tears of blood. The number of zeros on those price tags petrified me. I wondered if students are even capable of amassing that many points?
 
I carefully made my way through the store in fear of knocking over any item. I don't think I would be able to sell my life for enough points to cover the cost of even scratching anyone of these treasures around me.
 
One of the rooms connecting to the store's main room was where the store displayed all the physical enhancement drugs. In the front of the room stood the best drugs, all shining in different neon colors and emitted an aura of power. I knew that if I had the opportunity to use any one of those drugs, I would experience nirvana. But once again, the sheer number of zeros on the price tag scared me away. I headed toward the back of the room where the store stored the cheaper and lower-quality drugs. The drugs here did not share the same splendor the ones in front had, and the colors were dull and boring. The very back of the room had the only drugs I could afford here.
 
Physical enhancement drugs of quality F and E were packed together here in the back of the room. I had little use for the F graded ones since all my physical stats had already graduated from being F grade. I looked at a bundle of E-graded physical enhancement drugs and looked at the price tag. A box of ten E-level physical enhancement drugs costs 500 points, with each drug having an effective time of two hours. I could only buy them in bulk as there was no option of buying them individually.
 
Although it to me 500 points was a big purchase, at the end of the day, points are meant to be spent. Instead of just hoarding points, I will spend my points to improve myself to earn more points in the future. I was determined to use my points to invest in myself. I brought the pack of grade E physical enhancement drugs to the store counter and bought it.
 
The moment I got back to the dorms, I started training immediately. I popped one of the ten physical enhancement drugs and got straight to work. The drug didn't taste good, and it also had a terrible texture. Like when you leave bread in water for too long and the waters become all soggy with clumps of wet bread in it. That was what the texture of the drug was like. Immediately after I swallowed all the drug contents, I felt the drug climbing up my throat. I held my mouth closed and swallowed the drug back down. After confirming that my stomach had stabilized, I headed out to the fields and started running laps.
 
After running a few laps, I attached several weights onto myself before continuing to run. I ran till I couldn't run anymore. And when I couldn't run, I started to crawl, and when that failed, I moved to pushups. I exhausted my arms until I couldn't feel them anymore. From there, I started doing sit-ups. I didn't stop until my abs screamed in agony. I repeated this tedious cycle of running, pushups, and sit-ups until the drug's effect wore off. By the end of it, I was foaming from the mouth, looking like I could die at any moment. Although my body was dying of exhaustion and pain, I wasn't going to give up. I still had nine more bottles of physical-enhancing drugs to go. But that was enough for today. With my wrecked body, I struggled to make it back to the dorms. When I finally reached my bed, I immediately passed out on top of it.
 
The following day was hectic for me. I woke up having slept past my alarm clock, so I was running behind schedule. Additionally, my bed now emitted a terrible stench due to my sweat from last night's training. I showered and got dressed as fast as possible and quickly soaked my cover in water before hanging it outside. Fortunately, I wasn't late for my first class, but I was out of breath from running here.
 
I was feeling bored during the first period, so I opened my Hunter System out of boredom.
 
Name: Gideon Lenoir
Age: 15
Title: Death's Acquaintance (C)
Bloodline: N/A
Class: N/A
Strength: E-
Agility: E
Endurance: E-
Intellect: E-
Wisdom: F
Luck: B+
Abilities: Battle awareness (E), Observe weakness (E-), Sprinting (F+) → Sprinting (F)
Techniques: Imperial Kingdom's Soundless Sword Technique (Beginner) (E), Unarmed Combat Fundamentals (E-), Seven Unuttered Splits (F+), Undisturbed Snow (F)
Status: Healthy
 
Sprinting (F) (Max: D+): The ability for the user to run very fast at the cost of higher energy consumption.
 
My sprinting level had increased by one, which was an unexcepted gain from last night's training. Besides that, nothing else had changed.
 
The school day passed without any disturbance. I headed towards the library where Vesemir and I had designated as our meeting spot. We were going to discuss how to better cooperate during fights.
 
The library looked the same as it did when we first met. In the center of the library sat Vesemir, who was reading a book while waiting for me. When Vesemir heard the door open and saw that I entered, he proceeded to put down his book. Without wasting time, we immediately delved into our discussion. We first analyzed what our strength was. Between the two of us, I was naturally the physical one. I was stronger, faster, and had more endurance than Vesemir. Vesemir knew how to use simple magic attacks such as the fireball attack he used yesterday. In a broader sense, I was the fighter in this duo, and Vesemir was the magician.
 
Vesemir already knew that I leaned more towards the agility side, and I hinted to him that I had a strong battle technique that rendered my attacks hard to detect. Vesemir informed me of some of the spells he could use, including the introduction spells of the four primary elements: fire, water, wind, and earth. We judged that there were two ways that we could battle together. The first being where I took the initiative, and Vesemir supported me from behind. The other is where Vesemir focused on controlling the opponent's movements, and I would take out the opponent when their movement is being restrained with my higher agility.
 
We concluded that it would be best for us to test both methods. Vesemir also informed me that he has always been interested in control type magic. Since we still had the rest of the day to ourselves, I asked Vesemir if he could help me with my academics. My academics weren't bad, but they could be a lot better. Being the best in academics in our grade, Vesemir was more than qualified to help me out. Vesemir agreed to my request with one condition: I help him out in regards to physical combat. It was a win-win situation for both of us, so I happily agreed to his request.
 
We proceeded to spend the rest of the day helping each other out. Vesemir helped me a lot in topics that I was struggling with, and I helped correct many of the mistakes he made while we sparred against each other. While we were training together, I asked Vesemir how he managed to learn magic. He told me that it just kind of came naturally to him. I envied him for that. By the end of the day, we were both tired and wanted to go back to the dorms and rest. It was already too late for me to begun training, so I decided to spend the rest of the day recuperating and reviewing classwork.
1