Chapter 1: Blind Date
423 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Watanabe Kyoko POV

4 years ago, I’ve been to multiple blind dates that have been set up by my family for me. I just graduated out of college with a degree in Management. They said that they are getting old and wants me to have a partner in life that could care for me.

The men who came to the dates were hesitant and seemed not serious in taking a step further in our relationship. 

That is until I’ve met Murata-san. He seemed to be this kind, approachable guy who is well-liked by his peers at work. From what I hear from my friends is that he is a decent guy overall.

“Hello, I’m Watanabe Kyoko. You must be Murata-san” I extended my hand towards him

“Yes, I’m Murata Azai” He replied as we shook hands “Please, take a seat”

The restaurant was intimate and elegant. A dimly lit space with two-seater tables and numerous paintings were hung on the wall.

__

“So.. How old are you Watanabe-san?” He asked with a hint of curiosity in his voice after he finished drinking from his glass

“I’m twenty years old, and you?” I took a bite from the meat “Why do you ask?”

“What a coincidence, we’re in the same age group” He put down his utensils on the table and wiped his mouth with the napkin “You look really young for your age”

My cheeks flushed red with embarrassment and I nearly filled up my glass with wine.

“Watanabe-san” He reached out his hand with a worried look as if he was trying to stop me from drinking.

I let out a refreshing ah and wiped my mouth with a napkin. I had to make sure that I wasn’t hearing things.

Me? I look younger than my age?

My classmates always say that I look like the girl who comes out of the well from that horror movie.

“Sorry, Murata-san. I had to make sure that I wasn’t dreaming”

“But, it is true. You look really young for your age and the black hair that reaches your shoulders look so smooth and silky”

“You flatter me, Murata-san”

__

“Is this your place?” He asked as he rolled down the window of his car.

My parent’s house was a large two-story house and it had a small yard in the corner.

I got off the car and we bade goodbye to each other. His car quickly drove off and left.

The door swung open and my older sister, Konoe came out to greet me.

“Kyoko-chan” She hurriedly placed on her slippers and walked towards me “How was the date?”

“Murata-san is so cool, nee-chan. We went to eat at this fancy restaurant and he kept on complimenting me”

I cupped both of my cheeks and thought about the sweet things that he said throughout our date.

“Hoho, you’re head over heels for him because of that?” She shook her head “Alright, let’s get inside. I’m sure Okaa-san and Otou-san would love to hear how cool, this guy is”

__

1 month later, I’ve become an office staff for one of the firms in our city and shared an apartment with my older sister. Murata-san and I continued to communicate with each other.

“Watanabe-san” He called out as he ran towards me and gasped for air as he panted “Did you wait that long?”

“No, I just got here myself” I replied as I raised palm, shaking it to assure him not to worry about it but the time we agreed on was 10:00 and you got here at 11:00!

We went inside the Amusement park and loud screams were heard from the roller coaster nearby. Time seems to crawl slowly as we continue  to wait. People that were ahead and behind us drop out of the line, either due to impatience or they were simply out of time.

It only benefits the two of us in the end. Finally, we find ourselves in front of the line. 

“Two tickets, please” He said and handed the payment to the cashier.

I grabbed the tickets after it was handed out and gave one to Murata-san.

We passed by the numerous stall attractions and stopped in front of the haunted house.

He grabbed my hand and we went inside. It was dark and eerie, faint inaudible mutterings were heard in the background. There were cobwebs on the ceiling and a thick white smoke obscured the floor that we walked on.

I tightened my grip on Murata-san’s hand as we walked slowly along the halls of what seemed to be an asylum.

Bandaged hands with signs of necrosis and rotting flesh reached out to us from the cells around us.

My legs were continously shaking and beginning to get weak from all this. I thought we were going to toss rings and shoot ducks but Murata-san wanted the haunted first. What a terrible idea this is.

A hand suddenly wrapped around my neck from the side and dragged me to the door of the cell. A loud thud was heard as the right part of my body hit the door hard.

“Murata-san, help me!” I screamed as I tried to get free from my attacker’s grip.

I looked around and Murata-san was nowhere to be seen. Could it be that he already went ahead and left me?

No, he wouldn’t. We both planned to date at the amusement park as it was both our days off today.

I felt another hand ran across my stomach and went up to my breasts. I couldn’t see who it was because of the lighting at the area that we were in.

A slow circulation motion began as I felt my breast was being massaged by this unknown deviant.

“Murata-san, help me!” I called out his name once again but there was no answer.

I had finally remove the arm that was wrapped around my neck and pushed the deviant away as I quickly ran from the scene.

Running in high heels made my feet hurt and like the wind, Murata-san appeared out of nowhere with his phone in hand and a beam of light was emitting on top of the camera.

“Watanabe-san, are you okay?” He looked at me with concern “You were gone, so I wandered around in search of you”

It took me a while to catch my breath and I placed my heels back on.

“I’m fine, Murata-san”

He placed his hands on his sides and bowed his head down

“I’m so sorry, Watanabe-san”

“It’s alright. We still have a long day ahead of us” I placed my hand on his shoulder “Let’s get out of here”

Should I tell him about the unknown deviant who groped my breasts? No, Murata-san is already distressed now. I shouldn’t add it to his worries.

__

“Here” He handed me a can of sprite as he sat beside me. Despite the incident at the haunted house, we still managed to have fun at the park.

“Do you want to eat at a restaurant after this?”

My stomach grumbled as we were so busy trying all of the rides. When I was about to suggest that we should split the bill.

He seemed to have catch on what I was about to say and said

“I’ll treat you out as an apology for what happened earlier”

__

“Whew” I wiped my mouth with the napkin “Murata-san, are you sure that you don’t want to split the bill?”

“It’s fine, Watanabe-san. If I hadn’t lost you from my sight that would have been a fun experience” He took a bite of his steak “Why were you sweaty, by the way? Did you run?”

“If only you were there to save me from those ghouls, Murata-san. I wouldn’t have to run away from them” My cheeks began to flush red as I really want him to save me at that time “My knight in shining armor!”

He nervously laughed as he scratched the back of his head “Well, there’s always a next time”

4