Chapter 2: Fountain Pen
372 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Watanabe Kyoko POV

The next day, I received a call from Murata-san during my lunch break. He talked about wanting to meet up in front of a cafe after work.

After the clock went past six. I hurriedly went downstairs and took a cab to where it was.

“Watanabe-san” He greeted me as I got off. Murata-san had a warm smile on his face and we went inside.

The cafe was small but it had a cozy feeling as the interior was minimalist in design.

I sat down on the opposite chair in front of him and I noticed that he had an expensive looking fountain pen on his coat pocket.

Murata-san was sitting up straight and kept moving to the side as if he was looking for something.

I turned around and saw the waitresses were wearing short skirts that were hugging their firm round ass as they bent over to wipe the tables.

Surely, he wasn't looking at that right?

A young female waitress approached us with the menu and took out a notepad from the pocket of her apron.

She took our orders and left shortly. Murata-san kept on adjusting the fountain pen on his coat pocket and after a while, the waitresses came back with our food and set it on the table.

Murata-san is acting strange for sure today, is it due to my appearance that I look like a haggard woman?

No, that's not it. There must be something to it...

Whenever Murata-san would look at me, he would flash a warm smile and continued to look behind me.

I took a bite of my skewers and he seemed to have a satisfied expression on his face now as he placed the fountain pen in his briefcase.

“Do you like the food?” He asked with a hint of concern on his tone.

“Yeah, the food is delicious” I took a sip of my drink and asked him “Did you find what you are looking for?”

He looked dumbfounded at my question but he seemed to realize what I meant.

”I have” He replied and took a long gulp of his juice “I'm glad you like this place, Watanabe-san. This cafe is my favorite”

__

Murata-san dropped me off in-front of my apartment building and we bade goodbye to each other. After that, he drove off.

I went inside and walked to the staircase leading to the second floor where my apartment was.

“Welcome back, Kyoko-chan” My sister greeted me as she peeked her head out of the living room.

I slowly removed my heels and placed them below the foyer. There was something strange going on with Murata-san today.

My sister, Konoe was watching a recorded episode of J*J*'s B*zarre Adv*nture p*rt 2 where this c*esar guy was crushed by a boulder.

“Sh*zaaaaaaaaaaa!” Konoe screamed along as this character named J*seph was mourning the death of his friend.

I sat on the couch beside her and she offered me her bowl of chips. I took a handful of chips and ate them slowly.

“How was your date with Murata-san?”

“It was nice but he kept looking behind like he was expecting someone”

“Maybe he was expecting another girlfriend to show up”

“What?!” I had an astonished expression on my face and almost choked on the chips.

Is Murata-san tired of me? Maybe I wasn't good enough for him...

No, that can't be possible... We kept on saying I love you through our text and calls to each other...

Unless, he wants me not to suspect him of cheating!

“Nee-chan, you're not serious are you?”

“Well... Murata-san is a good looking guy and there might be someone who is seeing him behind your back”

I slapped the arm of my sister for that callous remark and she laughed it off.

“That hurts, you know?”

__

I twisted and turned around my bed. I kept thinking about what my sister said earlier.

What if Murata-san was seeing another woman besides me? It's not like I'm jealous or anything.

I need to call him to clear my mind about it...

I picked up my phone from the nightstand and quickly dialed his number.

“Hello, Watanabe-san. It's late already.”

I cleared my throat as I mustered up my courage to ask him about what happened earlier.

“Are you cheating on me?”

The line became silent and I thought he had disconnected as I looked at the phone.

The call was still connected but it seemed like Murata-san was taken aback by my question.

I knew it! Murata-san is cheating on me!

You pig! Cheater! Cheater! Cheater!!!

“Absolutely not, Watanabe-san! Why would you even ask that?”

I scratched my head as I explained to him about what my sister said and it continued to bother me ever since.

“You love me right, Murata-san?”

“Of course, you're the only woman for me! Besides I understand why your sister has said that. I apologize, Watanabe-san as it ruined our date”

“No, it's fine. You just seemed strange at the cafe, that's all”

I heard him sigh on the other line and he began his tirade of compliments that made my cheeks turn bright red.

Maybe I was just overthinking about this whole situation...

We said our I love you's to each other and disconnected. I've decided not to think about it anymore as Murata-san has made it clear that I'm the only one for him.

The following months, Murata-san kept on bringing different things to our dates and it all seemed like a coincidence but the locations that he chooses was either full of beautiful women who work there or they wear tight clothing.

Is this a sign that Murata-san wants me to look beautiful every time that we go on dates?

If it is...

Then I'll need to upgrade my wardrobe and put effort on making myself beautiful!

During our dates, Murata-san has complimented me on my new outfit and look but he said that he prefers my natural look.

“You don't like it?” I asked him with doe-looking eyes.

“Watanabe-san, I appreciate your effort in making yourself look beautiful for me” He took a sip of his drink “But I like your natural look better”

“Really?”

Even though I have spent a lot of money with upgrading my wardrobe and my hair...

It seems like Murata-san likes a woman who has a clear sign of haggardness on her face and hair that looked like seaweed...

Alright then, I shall revert back to my natural look but it might take some time, in order to please Murata-san...

2