1 – Hide and Seek
135 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had just finished training for the day when he saw a blond head pass through the entrance to the training area of the clan. Yahiro acted like he didn't saw anything, seemingly going to the residential area of the compound, however the child began calling him and as the blond kid who was clearly the Hokage's ran to him while smiling, he put his hands in his pockets.

"Yahiro !  We are gonna play ninjas ! Wanna come ?"
"We ?"
"Yes ! Okaa-san's friend came with her child today and I said I was gonna come and get you !"
"I'm coming with you then."

Yahiro smiled and followed Naruto to a park where another child with black hair and eyes and wearing a blue shirt and white shorts who called to them while observing Yahiro with a face full of curiosity. Which wasn't surprising as Yahiro was wearing a gray shitagi and a dark blue - seemingly black - hakama, clothes that weren't the most common for his age in Konohagakure, he also had sandals and his hairs were still long so he had it in a low ponytail as he just trained.

"Sasuke ! Ready to play ninjas ? Oh, and this is Yahiro Anteiryoku, Yahiro this is Sasuke Uchiha."
"Yes. Why did you ask if I was ready ?"
"Well... Yahiro is a genious at hide and seek. It is impossible to find him and I've tried every time I go to the Anteiryoku compound."
"I wanna try ! Itachi-nii-san taught me techniques for hiding myself and finding people."

Yahiro grinned. Naruto always tried to find him when they were playing hide and seek, he never managed to find Yahiro. That was the advantage of knowing every single place of Konoha, you can hide easily even without any jutsus. Sasuke seemed filled with determination in front of the challenge and Yahiro simply put his hands in the large pocket of his hakama.

"Then, you'll search Sasuke as you seem quite sure you'll find me."
"Sure !"

He stretched his lips in a large smile seeing the Uchiha kid raring to go. He waited for the child to begin counting and that Naruto ran hiding himself to go silently and without making any sound, leaving the park to find a bridge with torii gates and under the bridge was flowing a small watercourse. He got in the water to go upstream and reach a ford with small stones made to jump from one to another. He concluded that the sun would erase his traces and left the water without it splashing around and went to the nearest low wall who went to the streets and climbed on it, going to another bridge to traverse while staying dry. Went to some alleys to finally come back to the park where Sasuke had just left. He climbed a tree, hiding in its branches and leaves, and got comfy in there as the other two would take some time before even coming back.

Sasuke found Naruto in a nearby bush, then they began searching for him by following his traces, then by going around the district as they never went further as a rule. They took half an hour before coming back to the park while thinking on where Yahiro was. Naruto began thinking out loud to help his thought process.

"He isn't under the bridge, nor by the rocks on the river."
"It's a stream."
"Same thing !"
"I've searched both park in the district."
"And he isn't in the candy store."
"Then... where did he go ?"
"I know ! There is a really good hiding spot by the ninja store !"

They smiled, proud of their discovery and went out of the park once more. Yahiro rose an eyebrow, amused, as he didn't miss the conversation. It was true the hiding spot mentionned by Naruto was good, but as good as it was Yahiro used it once and never again as doing the same thing multiple times is not interesting... too obvious. He simply waited for them to come back, they seemed worried that they could not find him. Like everytime Naruto took more than an hour searching for him, he always worried that something had happened to Yahiro. The kid was extremely kind and attentive, as he already saw Yahiro having minor health issues before he began his training. Of course, Sasuke did not know, but the worries of Naruto where highly contagious.

He decided to leave his hiding place by coming down the tree before puting his hands back to their righteous place : his pockets, all the while harboring a lazy smile.

"Looks like I won."
"Yahiro ! You scared me... if something had happened to you Otou-san would have killed me."
"But... How did you do ?!"

Yahiro looked as Sasuke that asked the question while smiling mysteriously, which also meant he would not disclose his trick. They then switched who was searching and it was Yahiro that had to do it as otherwise the game would have lasted for too long. He took a place in front of the tree to hide his sight before counting. To give them a chance he volontarily did not pay any attention to the direction they took while being absurdly noisy. When he has finished counting down, he took the time to stretch his arms before looking around. He was tempted to follow the lingering woman perfume as Naruto and Sasuke scented like their mothers as they were always sticking to them. He sighted, the shinobi art will ask of them to not have body odors or very little, especially when there were clans with over developped smell sense.

He smiled before choosing to go through hiding places one after the other and it did not took long before finding Sasuke by the Ninja store while Naruto was further in an alley behind a crate. They then went back to the park to play tag, and Yahiro happily followed them in their games as it was better to play than to train again today.

When they got back to Yahiro's house, Minato and his Father were speaking while drinking tea. The Yondaime smiled at them before asking.

"Ah, boys. So did you have fun ?"
"Yes Otou-san ! Yahiro is still too strong at hide and seek..."
"Oya ? Well, you'll manage find him one day, don't worry."

Naruto smiled at his father, seemingly adoring him while he was close enough for his father to ruffle his hair, while Sasuke was intimidated. Seeing that Yahiro pushed him closer to the adults while saying.

"Even Sasuke-kun thought he could find me and failed to do so before I showed myself."
"erm... well... You got us. But I'll get you next time you'll see !"

Yahiro smiled, confident in his skill which teased Sasuke giving the determination to trully find him next time. He will ask his brother how to find his friend, in that Yahiro had no doubt.

2