2 – The Hyuga Affair
109 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yahiro was in a lotus position when he heard voices, one of which was front a man voicing his unhappiness and disaproval. Yahiro kept back his sigh, keeping focus as he already knew to whom this voice belonged. Hinata a young girl is three years old today, younger than Naruto by some month, she had black hair and violet blue eyes like all Hyuga clan members. Minato and Kushina asked of the Hyuga to celebrate the birthday inside the Anteiryoku compound for safety reasons. Kumogakure's chief of ninja was visiting and information gathered showed they had other plan than only a peace treaty. The voice was Hiashi's that was a stickler for traditions and still showed reluctance of celebrating somewhere else than in the Hyuga compound.

He stayed focused to not meld his chakra to Nature's energy while he was infusing it in his eyes to enhance them ans try to awaken his Dojutsu. He, however, knew he soon had to join the guests. Slowly he stopped infusing and let the energy go, then he pinched softly the bridge of his nose to help alleviate the mild pain in his eyes. His eyesight got better but he had to wait before doing it again as to not ruin his efforts. He got up and put his hands in the pocket of his hakama before joining the guests. He saw some member of the Hyuga clan, easily recognised thanks to their eyes, he greeted them politely before getting introduced to Hinata. She was wearing a yukata that greatly enhanced her cute appearance and she was hiding shily behind her father, well before Naruto grabed her hand to invite her to play. The adults were speaking and Minato's son was seemingly bored.

"Yahiro ! Do you know where we can play while our parents are talking ?"
"I'm not su...."

He shut his mouth when he saw the way his Father was looking at him, while having a meaningful smile. Yahiro felt something was amiss, that smile meant he could go out but that something was happening.

"I think I have just the perfect idea. Naruto, you do know my cousin right ?"
"Erm... Nashita ?"
"Yes, I think she went to a toy store, we could go there with Hinata."

Naruto seemed to think for a short time before looking at the concerned, while he was still holding her hand, and nodded when he saw the stars in her eyes. Yahiro guided them through the garden before leaving through the back door as to not go by the adults. Was that what his Father wanted ? Go elsewhere as to not be a burden for the grown ups ? He wasn't quite sure what to do after that. If something was really up, then it was up to him to hide Hinata and Naruto, however he was but a child.

Naruto was leading them while showing the shops to Hinata who was watching while trying to keep her jaw off the floor, interested in just about everything around her. Yahiro was keeping an eye on the roofs and alleys, making sure no one was following nor observing them. Hands still in the pockets, he however was sure of what to do for the first time.

They reached their destination : the toy store. They quickly found Nashita. Yahiro smiled at her and she also did at him, having the impression of controling everything perfectly. She got the same eyes as him, light grey, and she had long black hair and she was wearing the same style of clothe, she was also older than him by one year. She showed the toys to Hinata, telling her to choose one as gift from Yahiro. He looked at his cousin when she got in front of him while reaching her hand and he took a hand holding his purse out of his pocket which she took to open it, her eyes taking a less round form for an instant.

He watched her buy a cute teddy bear that Hinata hugged tightly while smiling and thanking them warmly. Yahiro took back his purse and took his other hand out of him pocket to take what his cousin left in it while Naruto, Hinata and Nashita were leaving the store. He put a scarf hiding a microphone and took the earpiece and put it while making it look like he was fixing his hair style. It was a communication tool used by shinobi when operating in short range of each others, which also meant Nashita knew something was amiss.

"I apologize for this Hokage-sama, but they would have a easier time escaping Kumo shinobi that way... or actually forcing Kumo to act, which would help check their intentions."
"It's all good Anori-san, you have my trust. Everytime an Anteiryoku is part of a plan, it goes as planned."
"I'll let this place to you, I'll give the informations to my son and I'll need all my concentration to do so."

He easily pictured the Yondaime Hokage nodding while keeping the eyes on him to make sure the house was attacked and not Hinata. Yahiro however knew the baits were him and the three others. He joined Naruto, Hinata and his cousin to come back to the Anteiryoku compound. Keeping an eye out and not blindly following his father's order. Nashita suggested them to try the new sweets of the bakery.

"Kumo's ANBU spotted. Candy store's street. Yahiro, I'll guide you but I have no way to give order to Hinata and Naruto. Nashita, Yahiro, your mission is to secure the two others."

Mission, START. The candy store was in front of the bakery. Nashita stopped for an instant, her face whitening a little as her ear caught the sound from the piece of Yahiro. Even if she knew how to act, she still was way over her head with this. But as Yahiro began ordering them, she got her act back together.

"Naruto with Nashita. You go the the Uchiha compound."
"Heh??? Why Yahiro!?"

He took his hands out of his pockets without any anwser while frowning a little and Naruto gulped hard when he saw the seriousness of his friend. The blond kid decided to quickly follow Nashita who was seemingly comforted that she had the easy job.

"Hinata-sama. You'll listen and follow my order to the letter and everything will go well."
"I..."

He smiled while reaching his hand that she took, comforted as if Yahiro was a big brother that she didn't have despite the fact that they almost had the same age.

"Contact. South Street clear." (Anori/Father)

He smiled like a tanuki to Hinata while saying they play tag with the bad guys and began moving through the crowd with her to reach the place with the most people as to sneak in a close alley. He however wasn't sure when he would shake the ANBU.

"First alley to the left."

He went immediatly to the designated area and ran. The aim was to find a hiding place or gain enough time for the ANBU of Konoha to act. The risk however was that Kumo may try to hurt him and Hinata to reach their goal. So he ran as fast as Hinata could while following his Father's informations.

"Right, under the fence."

He already knew what his father meant before even turning right. He helped Hinata go first by a small hole in the wood then went right after and began guiding her once more. If Kumo's ANBU decided to close the encirclement now, he would not be able to go left when they reach the next street.

"Left, through the main street. Take the first alley."

He obeyed, leaving the main street to escape through the next alley and he took left. His father swore, the ANBU must have decided to go by the roofs and as such will have an easier time blocking their way. They were also probably more numerous than before and had their objectives altered to hurt them and Konoha's ANBU were still nowhere to be seen, otherwise his Father would never have let a swear word out.

However. He knew this district like the back of his hand. He also knew, thanks to his father that he wasn't seen by the ANBU right now. He decided to go back, pulling Hinata through an alley so tight that an adult had difficulties fitting, which led them to a small place where a vent output was. It was a hiding spot he never used until now. He went up and opened the vent before helping Hinata fitting in and joining her inside. He then put his finger in front of his mouth to indicate that they need to stay silent before he put a seal that his mother made on the now closed entrance of the vent.

He put his breathing in order so that he would not make noise, Hinata was doing the same while watching him. If they were spotted it would be over, Hinata seemed worried while he smiled with all the confidence he didn't have and his father was congratulating him. an individual with a mask and clothes that hid his gender on the building next to the one that had the vent they were hiding in. He calmed his breathing as much as he could. When the ANBU fled suddenly followed closely by another who was most probably the reinforcement sent by Konoha. Hinata tug on his sleeve to get his attention.

"Naruto-kun said you were the king of hide and seek... you also know how to hide from adults ?"
"Yes."

He chuckled discreetly at her comment softly whispered while she was looking at him with star in her eyes, the like a younger sister send to her reliable older brother. She, however, were obviously exhausted and he felt his perspiration sticking to his hair. He put his back against the wall to rest a little. He did not have less stamina than Hinata, however he had trained until the beginning of her birthday, so he had already used a good part of his stamina before then. Unless his Father told otherwise, they could stay there while the adult solved the issue.

Later he heard his Father saying they could come back, so he helped Hinata get out of the vent and guided her back to the Anteiryoku compound. When they got there, Hiashi was pacing around and his outfit was dirty and a little teared, sign that a fight happened here. When he saw Hinata with Yahiro he went to hug his daughter, relieved. He turned to the boy after that and said.

"You have my gratitude, young man."
"I've only followed what Otou-sama was telling me."

He then bowed a little before getting congratulated by his father who was smiling, Minato joined his father to congratulate him, as Naruto and Nashita getting to the Uchiha compound alone allowed the alarm to be raised. Kumo's chief of the ninjas had launched the negociation with Minato at the beginning of the mission preventing him to raise said alarm.

When everything was said and done, and everyone was back to their respective housing. His father went to see him and Yahiro stopped focusing on his caligraphy exercise.

"You did well. You have the spirit, the right mind and a fast enough decision making. Hence, I'll teach you ways to hide completly among other things. Starting at your next birthday, the training will get noticiably harsher and I'll amp things up faster than originaly planned."
"Yes, Otou-sama... so it is gonna be on a year to year basis... ?"
"Indeed. Also, each year you'll go further in the town to get to learn more places. As your Yin get stronger with element learned, you'll also have to increase your physical ability and thus your Yang. As such only play physical games with Naruto and the others."
"And I also should not exhaust myself, right Otou-sama ?"
"Yes. Never exhaust yourself, it'll only work against you."
"Okay Otou-sama."

Anori smiled and ruffled his hairs before checking his exercise and congratulated him.

"Each generation is better than the last and you are the genius of our clan. You can already memorize almost everything... in a few month you'll probably have an absolute memory. How are your eyes ?"
"It's still too early I think. It hurted a little when I did it before the events of today, however I see farther than before. I still do not posess the Rikougan."
"Wait for a few month before trying once more. You can't afford to lose your eyes."
"Months ? I thought less..."
"Don't rely too much on you chakra. You body is not yet ready to bear the burden of it fully."
"Otou-sama... I was infusing them, did I do wrong ?"
"No. It very well may have protected you."

He smiled before ruffling his hair once more, proud of his wisdom. He warned him once more that Nature's energy should not meld with chakra if he decided to infuse his body, then let him go back to his caligraphy. Yahiro smiled, he would finally learn how to disapear while still in plain sight.

2