4 – The hunt
100 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The childs from the other clans began their training and Kiba Inuzuka did not want to be left behind, especialy when he wanted to fight stronger rivals. He smiled with confidence and he had all the intentions to show what he was capable of, from the great age of seven. Even more so that his mother allowed him to hunt alone. His loyal friend Akamaru half hidden in his hood, a small white dog, seemed trully happy of the outing.

"Come on Akamaru, let's find the biggest rabbits possible to show what we are made of !"
"Bark !"

He began sniffing around him, searching for an smell, helped by his friend. The smells of a beast came to him and he began tracking it silently. He swallowed his saliva when he saw the target he was tracking : a massive, old boar with a broken tusk quite unhappy instead of a simple rabbit. He slowly took a step back which immediatly broke a twig, revealing his position. He shuddered when the boar directly looked at him, he took the direction of the hidden town and ran.

"You should have told me that it was not a rabbit !"
"Bark !"

He heard the boar giving chase and he quickly understood that he would not make it but did not know what else to do. He slalomed between trees randomly while going globally to the doors. The sound of the hooves would alert someone... hopefully. Suddenly he heard a sound coming from the trees and an arrow came to an abrupt end in the shoulder of the boar who bellowed. He did not stop and went in the direction of the bowman as the arrow made it obvious as to where to go.

Hoping not to hamper the sniper. An instant later the boar began his pursuit again even more furious since his wound and Kiba whined. Right after going through a bush and saw the archer : a kid of his age wearing a dark shitagi and a dark hakama that was hard to see under the shade of the tree, he had the time to see the glint of metal on his belt, a bell. The kid had his hair long enough to reach the middle of his back despite being attached in a pony tail, his arc was ready on his direction.

Because of his age, he suddenly doubted the skill of the bowman. Asking himself if he did not aim at random to score a lucky hit on his target... or if he targetted with the sound, so either he was extremely lucky or extremely talented. It was enough for him so he ducked while still running and saw the arrow flying through the air before ending in the head of the boar, it still ran for two meters before falling on the ground. The kid let two other arrows to end the suffering of the beast and verbally noted.

"Tough."
"Thanks for saving my skin."
"I did not know I was helping anyone when I let my arrow loose, nor hunting him for that matter. However it was coming to me so I took my precautions. I was just searching for something to do, you were lucky I had my bow Kiba-kun."
"Wha ! How did you know my name !? Wait, more important, Akamaru why didn't you warn me he was there !?"
"Bark !"
"What ? What do you mean you didn't smell him?"
"Bark !"

He looked at the unknown kid. His most loyal and best fried said he almost did not have any odor. He scratched his head before sighing, frustrated that he did not have something to go back home with so that he could prove himself. All that was obviously not taking into account that weird child that was screaming fake, up to his polite smile. The instinct helping, he shuddered while feeling like he was in front of a hunter or a calculating individual. And who in Konoha would know everyone and use a bow ? He blinked dumbly.

"Erm... so, how do you know my name ?"
"I know the name of the childs of every main clan that are of my age. As only the Inuzuka have a dog, the deduction was quite easy."
"Who actually go and memorize the names of every child of his age ?"
"I do. Can I come with you in your clan compound ? If you want you can keep the boar and claim to have helped me hunt it, which is not technically wrong as you baited it."
"But it is too heavy, it would take a genin at least !"
"I'm cheating."

The boy shruged while getting closer to the boar and puting it on his shoulder while staggering a little. He kept his bow in hand to not get hampered by it. He then smiled at Kiba who was trying to get his jaw off the floor.

'Boy is he strong' thought Kiba.

"Can I help you ?"
"Can you get the back ? So that I have lest weight. Careful though, it's heavy."

He obeyed so that they can go to the Inuzuka compound and give the catch to the clan under the light the boy suggested. It was a massive loss to his pride, even if he would never admit to it. A woman with brown hair got close to judge Kiba who avoided her eyes while pouting. She had a stern face.

"You didn't got hurt while baiting ?"
"No ka-chan."
"Then the catch is still honourable... However, don't depend on someone else next time, as an Alpha you should be as strong as you are smart."
"Yes !"
"Anteiryoku Yahiro."

Kiba saw her look at the other boy who put the boar down and his bow was tucked on his back, hands in the pocket of his hakama. Tsume seemed aggressive and the boy that saved him was only smiling innocently.

"Yes Tsume-nee-sama ?"
"What the actual fuck are you doing here ? What's your fucking plan ?"
"Nothing crucial."
"Who is he mom ?"
"The son of the Anteiryoku clan. He already have the reputation of appearing from nowhere in a providential way, interfering for some reasons and then disapearing. Like someone that always plan and know everything."
"Oh. You really are well informed, even if it's an overstatement, it's really only an accident most of the time. How could I know everything in the town ? And I do not prepare anything crucial, I wanted to explore outside town or find a new playmate, my usual suspects are quite busy lately."
"That's all ?"
"Yes."
"Kiba, go play with him. You'll get strong if you stay with him."

He looked at his mother, stunned. It wasn't like her to suggest to play, well with the exception of Akamaru. Even with the son of the best spy clan of the town, Yahiro must have one hell of a reputation if she was that kind to him. He just took the chance to go play with his dog and his new friend. He also wanted to fight him and was gonna ask him.

Kiba guided him to the park and they began to play hide and seek and tag with Akamaru to help him, Yahiro was however like a wisp and the ninken often lost the smell for a handful of seconds. They also never even heard the bell, not even during the fight. Kiba suddenly really wanted to catch up.

3