5 – The Academy
72 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was accepted in the Shinobi Academy, however to prevent him to learn half-assed belief his father made him wait for a month after the school began. He was in the building for a small amount of time and Iruka was waiting a the entrance of the classroom to introduce him to his classmates. Yahiro observed briefly the teacher, brown hair and eyes, a little tanned and a large scar perpendicular to his nose. Iruka was also observing him, probably wondering about the silent bell on his belt or his hair braided reaching his hips. Common reaction.

"Good, I'll introduce you to the class and then we'll begin the lesson."

He nodded silently and Iruka smiled at him, assuming wrongly that he was shy. The truth was that he was already bored. He most probably already knew almost everyone in the class as only civilian or new families with enough talent would be unknown to him. He entered after Iruka, the desk of the teacher was on a platform and the student's tables were elevating the more you went to the back of the class. He went next to the teacher while observing the others, he found without any issues Naruto, Sasuke, Kiba, a child with a white scarf and brown hair named Akimichi Choji, not far head on the table with a bored look was Nara Shikamaru, the blond girl with green eyes was Yamanaka Ino, the one with sunglasses and ample vest was Aburame Shino. He saw Hinata and was surprised to not have seen her sooner, he went through the other clan child and noted some civilians.

"Here is Yahiro, from the Anteiryoku clan, the newly formed clan that we talked about when speaking about the different clan of Konoha."
"It is an honor to learn with all of you."

Naruto and Sasuke seemed satisfied to see him, they had waited for him six long month as he isolated himself in the clan compound, hoping to awaken his eyes without success.

"No need to sit, we'll train shurikenjutsu outside."
"Can I actually pass on that... ?"
"No. Ino, can you show him the academy at the midday pause."
"Yes sensei !"

He hid his disatisfaction and the others stood. Iruka guided them to the training ground of the academy. Yahiro followed them, hands in his pockets while observing the girl next to Ino, with pink hair and emerald eyes, wearing a red hairband. She whispered something to Ino and they giggled. He held back his smile, having perfectly heard them.

"He's cute, but not as much as Sasuke."

They stopped on the training ground and waited for his turn while Iruka was explaining the exercise, they had to throw the ten shuriken on the target. Yahiro thought about the exercise, would he show his talent or throw in a half-assed way, if he wanted peace the first was desired as in the second case he would need to discourage the teacher. It was easy enough to know what would make him gain time.

"Yahiro, as you did not follow the lesson on the basics, let's see if you missed class for a good reason."

He knew it, as it was predictable, so he took the ten shurikens and threw them seemingly without a care, then began to go back to class hands in pockets. The Konoha leaf was visible with the way the shuriken ended on the wall. Iruka frowned.

"You did not target the center ?"
"HA !!"

It was a boy with brown hair that he did not know that exclaimed and everyone looked at him while he took a pen and linked the shuriken to show everyone what just happen.

"Show off !"
"I'd prefer talented or well trained. I'll go back to class, warn me when it's break time."

He then went while ignoring the baffled Iruka and the excited class. He found a place in the class and put his head on the table and closed his eyes, having memorized everyone's places, as they might be changing everyday he put it in the temporary zone of his memory. At least his demonstration would have interesting consequences, the others would try to catch up to him and become good shinobis. Aiming for the bare minimum is absurd when conflict, war and death looms everywhere.

Time passed and he meditated while making it look like he was sleeping. The class came back before separating to go eat. He did not move, hearing the door he stopped his meditation and felt the three individual coming in. He felt movement in his direction and something hit his sides. He opened one eye to look at the culprit. The boy of earlier, behind him was Ino and the pink haired girl.

"Don't do that again."
"Or what ?"
"Or it'll be war."

He look at him sternly, while being secretly excited to trap someone without getting caught. The only question was if the boy was a coward. He was quickly anwsered as the boy did the move again and Yahiro smiled from one ear to the other, looking down at the boy like he would a prey, which made him shudder while still looking at Yahiro defiantly.

"War it is, then."

He got up and made a step in his direction and the boy fled, laughing. Yahiro smiled, amused, before looking at the girls that would guide him through the academy to help him memorize it. He put his hands in his pockets and followed them, getting to know Haruno Sakura and learned that the imp that just fled was Fujiiro Akita. He was impatient to begin the fun as it would be more helpful than the Sarutobi curriculum.

We decided to interpret that the academy worked like a Highschool, the curriculum was supposed to be changed in this new timeline but Iruka is still teaching the Sarutobi Curriculum, or the known curriculum if you will.

Also, second point, starting now you'll begin to see MASSIVE divergence with the rules set by Kishimoto as he fucked up badly his universe, the first one and it is crucial that I warn you way ahead of time is that this world IS NOT a shinobi world, even in the OG, this world contain everything, but we are in the shinobi part of it, so when we say shinobi world it is in the same way we would say mafia world. So that you can actually not murder us, know that we are trying to find and use the inspiration of Kishimoto while correcting the misshaps so that we avoid the "talk-no-jutsu" and other Deus Ex Machina that he had to use because he OFTEN wrote himself in corners.

2