8 – Clan Weakness
69 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He let Akita gain experience and skill with traps so that he could get better, while still doing pranks in return for every prank received. Akita tried to make a sponge for blackboard fall on his head as Yahiro was often the last in class. That day Yahiro took a step back so that he could boot the sponge in Akita's face who ended with a white face. Iruka sent a stern look to the both of them before sighing, Yahiro simply went to sit at his place with an innocent look.

Anyway, two weeks went by and Akita was still trying without success, so much so that Sasuke and Naruto decided to help him find new ideas. Yahiro was watching through to the windows and the hellish triplets were whispering to each others. He knew they will not act today as his Chakra was unstable lately, the fault on Iruka and his class that required him to sit most of the time. He already had to reduce the accumulation of knowledge from the clan, but the prank war made him invent new strategies and tactics for every new prank. He must have looked way paler that usual as he was beginning to feel sick. No one should have seen that he was lightheaded but he felt sick, and he had a sort of immunity when he was.

The door opened and the teacher came in and told them that it was now a free study time. Iruka did that from time to time so that the one that were less smart could learn what they missed. Yahiro was lucky, he could finally train a little. He followed the group to a gymnasium where they could train Shurikenjutsu and other thrown weapons. They each took their exercise : Sakura with Akita and Sasuke went training their Chakra control ; Naruto chose to improve his Fuinjutsu - which wasn't in the curriculum - ; Shikamaru chose his favorite exercise : napping ; as expected of Choji he trained his talent in emptying packets of crisps ; Ino, Hinata and Kiba went training their Shurikenjutsu and Taijutsu.

Yahiro couldn't find Shino and shrugged while the children that were not in any clan went in the different places. Irina seemed lost and Iruka went to her to advise her. Yahiro took a boken and began training.

He began feeling better when he started making his body works, wondering how he would do when his body will have reached the upper limit. He shuddered a little and stopped thinking about it, then did another over head strike which was suddenly blocked by a boken. His eyes locked onto the culprit : Irina.

"Oh ?"
"Isn't it better with an opponent ? That and I don't want to work on my weak points for now... unless you know how a loser like me can do it Yahiro-san." (Irina)
"Everyone has strength and weaknesses, a Shinobi isn't one to be know how to do everything. Fight me if you want to, I'll see if I can find. Our body can tell our gap better than our brains."

She tightened her grip and took a step back before sending a slash which was easily blocked. She locked blades and tried to push which surprised him, she obviously wanted to close the distance between them to allow her to hit him with her punches. He took two steps back while pushing her back but she once more slashed, to his head this time, already on him. She was fast, he deflected while helping the move to the floor so that he could put his foot on the boken and kick her. She however already retreated and sent a thrust to his face.

He stepped back quickly and she moved her wrist to slash once more, taking a step forward to close the gap. He hit the boken to send it to the floor and she fell with it or so he thought until a foot entered his sight. He could not dodge and as his boken was down he was completely caught off guard. He closed his eyes when to hit connected with his cheekbone which sent him to the floor, she certainly had the precision but thankfully lacked the strength. He was hurting and tried to see where his errors where when Iruka appeared in his sight.

"This is a rare sight, seeing you get beaten by someone." (Iruka)
"I'm so sorry Yahiro-san." (Irina)

He saw Irina, but could not speak still half knocked out. He blinked and sat while massaging his jaw, making sure he had nothing broken even if he knew he had nothing.

"Yikes... I'm fine, my head is just spinning."
"Come on, I'll take you to the infirmary to allow you to rest." (Irina)

It was unnecessary was what he wanted to say, but his body told him otherwise as his legs simply refused to support him. He let Irina help him up and take him to the infirmary under the startled eyes of everyone else.

The Infirmary had two large beds and the nurse was a woman with grayish hair and brown eyes who looked at them when they got in. Irina helped him to a bed and the nurse went to examine him while the young girl was describing what happened. The nurse went back to her desk while advising Yahiro to rest as he had nothing serious.

"I'm so, so sorry, I thought you'd dodge that one." (Irina)
"You are a formidable opponent, even Otou-sama don't do that."

She blushed and found an interesting part of the wall to her left. Obviously embarrassed by the compliment. Yahiro smiled while observing her.

"Everyone has their talents. I've found out why you can't do the leaf exercise."
"Why ?" (Irina)
"Not everyone use the Chakra the same way or rather while the method is the same, the way you picture it isn't. What do you see when you do the exercise ?"
"Well... A leaf sticking to my forehead..."
"For someone who did not learn how to use Chakra before and without any natural talent like Sakura you'll go far... you should imagine like another weapon for the exercise. As your Katana is an extension to your body, so is the Chakra."

Irina looked pensive for a while before nodding seriously and asked a paper to the nurse to stick it to her forehead. She squint her eyes, focusing and let the paper go... and it simply stuck there. She opened her eyes wide and jumped excitedly, letting the paper fall, and hugged tight Yahiro before realizing what she just did and blushing furiously and stepping back. Yahiro patted her head while smiling.

2