Chapter 10: So what ? -final
261 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, Peral here!

Wow! that was a long time huh? Sorry for the delay but hey the world is crumbling and ending so not that big an inconvenience.

I am healthy now, failed the interview with flying colors and not getting any calls from other companies.

Other than that I am rose and peachy. Seriously, I am right now better off than some of my acquittances.  Shees, 2020 is like trailer to a very bad movie, but then again guys, once you hit low the only way is up. So if any of you are screwed by 2020-2021, fight on mates!

If things are easy, there is no story, like most Xuanhuan it would be a repeated stale read. I wish to write a colorful story and live a spirited life and I wish the same to all of you , so without further ado,   

Seeing the statue like Westwind, Wendy left Aster's side tiptoeing around the viles laid on the ground and reached to Arata's crib. She held Arata in her arms and soothed him. With the stop of Arata's crying the room went deadly silent. After a couple of minutes, Westwind slowly went to his wife and kneeled hugging her in the process.

Slowly the pale queen's face is filled with life again, this is due to the assurance that resonated with his {Deap Roar}. Westwind stabilized his psych as he is now able to grasp that there is no life treating danger to his family.

After some time Aster looked up to her husband and said with a choking voice " Dear... Arata... I am sorry".

Westwind did not respond, he simply holds the queen. For him words are hardly needed, he can feel the helplessness and deep sadness in her wife's heart and he just projected his support and his will to protect his family.

The queen started sobbing again in the arms of Westwind. The morbid room slowly became dark due to the sunset.

By the time the crying sounds of the queen were replaced with faint breaths of her sleeping, it was night and Wendy left the room leaving the sleeping prince in the crib.

Westwind brought the sleeping queen to the bed and went to the crib. This is the first time he saw Arata's face. He thought that Arata looked a lot like his mother and lifted the sleeping Arata to his shoulder and thought [He looks cute like his mother].

After inspecting Arata's body he said "You seem healthy. Why? what happened to you, to cause such distress to mommy?"
Carrying Arata on the shoulder, Westwind sat on the chair near the queen's bed and slowly went to sleep, still projecting the warm feelings using his {Deep Roar} to his wife and child.

Near mid-day, the queen woke up. After taking with Yababa, this is the first night that she had some sound rest. Looking to her side, Westwind is standing holding their son in his arms. The brief respite from the grief that she had last night is overwhelmed with anguish and helplessness.

Seeing his wife's situation, Westwind approached the queen's bed and asked her soothingly while holding her "Aster, what happened?"

Aster did not respond immediately but continued her soft sobbing and Westwind waited patiently for his wife to respond. After a moment, Aster slowly relayed the unfortunate situation their son is in, to Westwind.

Once learned about his son's condition, Westwind asked "So Arata's soul is cracked ?" Aster just lowered her head, feeling like she wronged her son. Though not with words, Westwind got his answer and he continued to ask "Yababa, personally looked at Arata and the Oldman did not say anything?" Aster mustered her strength and nodded her head. After a brief pause, he asked "So Arata is not fit to inherit the throne from you?"

Aster's felt like her strength left her body, the little hope she had that maybe her husband could solve this crisis is shattered with his question. Bust as Aster's uncontrollable tears are slipping her chin, Westwind asked in an honest tone "So what?"

Hearing that question Aster was dumbstruck.

Not heading the state of Aster, Westwind continued, "He will be confused by his past experience? Then we will help him see clearly. If he makes mistakes, we will correct him. If his mind is havoc then we will calm him, cheer him, … love him." Westwind looked at his son in his arms lovingly and looked back at his wife with resolute eyes "King or not, he is our son."

Announcement

I am going to change the length of the chapters to 1600 - 1700 and try publishing 2 to 3 chapters a week. 

like always, thanks for reading !

8