Chapter 03: Leone Memory Fragments Part 01
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello it's me again 555... I'm starving at my flat. My money is critical. I need to save up until next pay day. My life waasss... Torture.

I'm carving for soda and Potato chips. ?

_________________________________

Earth. Somewhere in European countryside. The world is at war. West versus East and their cronies.

0940 Hours. 

Years 2xxx. D+45 

After Fall of Berlin.

We are the remnants of the 3rd Armored Division. The 5th battlegroup of the 222nd Panzergrenadiers(mechanized Infantry). After civies(Civilian) SAR(Search and Rescue) operation in the capital, we have received an order to hold the enemy advance then fully regroup with the allied defensive line In Frankreich(France is a Kingdom here not Republic) border. I was in my late military service when the peace is broken and the war raging. I want to put my heels so deep into the face of the bastard and son of a bitch who causing the war, poor me I don't know who it is. I got fast promotion and merits with just only in 30days wars. It's a humiliating fact that Berlin was fall once again in history. 

Can't blame... This county don't have actual army, their budget for the defense is also not that high. People of this country despise war and army thing, but they just delusional. This county is rallying to much with allied countries since the late war. The reality slap their face and now it's to late to complain. Defense Force means... You let your country to be invaded then you fight back. Only morons who will let their face got slapped and overpowered by their enemy. Defense force is limited in every aspect, but an Army... You can do what ever you want whit it. You can have fleets, you can make attack force, research and produce weapons without problems, you can buildup army as many as you want, make it secret or revealed is up to you, you can have full set army collection. Cool right!? Hehe.

All Troops are mounted inside an armoured vehicles. Hundreds meter away behind our rolling thunder, multiple smoke rise up into the sky. Surrounded by 'Schwartzwald' (a black forest, a typical vegetation on europe continent) the 5th battle group from the 222nd PzGren. is struggling to escape from the death grip or enemy pockets(encirclement).

[Plilup] "This is Viking zero to all vehicles, any visual of enemy?. Over" [tsk]

*Vvrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm*

I can hear the sound of humming engine from the driver compartment. Incoming platoon radio transmission from my earphone wake me up from my short nap.

[Plilup] "Viking Eight report, rear got negative visual of the enemy, negative on FLIR(Forward Looking Infrared) and Warning System. Over" [Tsk]

[Plilup] "Viking Four here, left flank is also clear. Ermm.. Will they come from the sky? On the situation like this, i wish the old mighty 'Gepard' Flak Panzer(Anti-aircraft Tank) was here... even thought the old school SpAAG(Self-propelled Anti-aircraft Gun) is not very effective against super advanced aircraft, but at least we got aerial defense radar-“

[Plilup] "Break. Break. Viking Three reporting, no sign of enemy from right flanks, anyway viking four... Just shut your trap will you? Now i'm get anxious because of your stupid chatter you morons. Over" [tsk]

[Plilup] “Viking Four here, well..at least I got my dignity here as a man, not like some infamous ‘iron lady’ who cried and called her father in the god damn P.T(Physical Test) sessions” [tsk]

[Plilup] “Three to four. That was three years ago back in my rookie days. The Instructors is the incarnation of demon and the P.T was hell, my maiden body can't keep up. Where the hell you get that informations!!?” [tsk]

[Plilup] “Four to three~. Hahahaha! You know, you Ex- was told me that intel when he got drunk at our usual bar. So please open your heart for me, how about a date……………….”

*FwwiiiiiWwwiip* 

It’s noisy in the Battle group radio chanel, so i switched into Viking four frequency. Only people who got registered can communicate via radio now. The commander of Viking four is my drinking buddy, i got strapped in his vehicle as passenger. Our convoy is composed by Two Military utility truck, two 'fennek'(it's a light armoured scout car), four IFV. There was two types of IFV from the same family we got here. The 'Marder' and the 'Puma' we call it 'Panzerwagen' in general, but it well known as IFV. 

The IFVs aka. Infantry Fighting Vehicle is an advanced type of APC(armoured personnel carriers) it got the all rounder capabilities. Of course it's still inferior compared with dedicated role war machine like the MBT, APC, SPH, SPG, SPAAGs, or SAMs for example.

Tanks or in nowadays categorized as the MBT aka. Main Battle Tank that was dedicated to break the enemy lines, deliver deadly accurate attack with her cannon from kilometers away into the target, a key to dominate ground battle, and mandated to keep survives in any war condition.

We could say... IFVs is kinda jack of all trades and master of none. Good protection and fire power but still lesser from that dedicated vehicle. Some is amphibious, depends on the role(command vehicle, ambulance, munition carrier, Etc.)& The type of the mounted armaments(mortars, AA/AT missile platform, Chainguns, electronic warfare, moving bunker, Etc.). Standard IFVs can engage any targets. Except high altitude and high speed aircraft. Something that the MBTs, APCs, SPGs, Etc. Can't do because they are restricted by their dedicated roles.

*Babababam! Pang..babam...papapang!* 

"Direct hit! We taking effective enemy fire!"

The Viking Four gunner shouted in reflect. The commander respond soon after. 

“Damage Status!?”

We just got hit and our vehicle commander is really good at handling the situation. I can hear chain explosion and ricocheting bullets from inside, it’s definitely not small arms fire. I can feel the tremors when our vehicle got hit. I feels the chills run down my spine. My ears turn temporary deaf with every single bullet that was pound on us. 

"No one injured, Minor damage on vehicle body, we still can go on sir!"

"Engine is still working fine! Still smooth crawling on the dirt road!"

*Bam! Pang-papapapang!* 

"Another hit! Contacting the Command Vehicle!"

[Plilup] "This is Four! We taking fire! I say again! We taking fire!" [tsk!]

The Engine inside this cramped interior was so loud, the crew inside is chatting in vehicle radio group chatter waves. They equip special design helmet only for vehicle crew. They can communicate each others limited only with the registered people in the vehicle group chatter. They can switch into other waves by operating the panel instrument, from commander communication devices inside commander compartment.

"Again! Damage Status!?"

"Hold on, I'm making 360' turn with the turret now!"

"How was the situation outside?"

"I think many bullets got ricochet. Our armor did their job well in some extend, Some parts of the vehicle is missing... And my mess kit is... missing. My camping tents....my poor camping tents"

"Ah... my friend. . ."

"Engine running alright, tracks is good... For god sake, did your mess and equipment is more important than our life?"

"How insensitive you are. You still owe me some field rations, and bar of snackers. So pay up. You ate that when I'm busy to make our beloved house clean and shining"

"Enough. Focus... Help me to spot the enemy, keep on look out to the sky."

"You know, I'm sorry alright. And come on~ It's just a bag of foods and a bars of chocolate why you-"

"You too driver... Cut the crap. Focus on the driving will you? Mein gott(my god), we are now is under attack. For the love of god man... *Inhale* I think my death by the old age is more faster than bullets"

"Pffft- Right, sorry"

"Heh... Sorry"

"Dejavu... I don't care anymore, suddenly i want a big icy cold beers"

Me and the people on passenger compartment didn't say anything. We all just blend with the interior back here. I closed my eyes, stay calm dear me.

*Ba-bamm!*

"Euarghhh!!! I'm hit! I'm fucking hit! Aaah! Aaaaa!!!"

*Piiiiiiiiiiiii*

Penetration!? Argh! My ears are ringing, they hit us hard this time! Now i feels little bit deaf because the explosion was inside. We really got penetrated, their aim is getting better. It's because we don't fight back, they can aim with easy. The scream was from the gunner compartment. I'm fixing my ear phone inside my field helmet, Need few minutes before my ears back to normal.

"Oh god! Hold on I’ll treat you! Driver! Get us out off here!!!"

"Jawohl!(yes sir) Oh god! Is he will be alright!?"

"Focus! Now drive towards the tree lines! We need to find concealment!"

“doing some evasive manuver!”

*Pang! Pang! Pang! Pang!*

Another pounding.

"Thank god that was bounced, Commander! Do something! I don't want get penetrated here! Their thing is not in my list!"

What the actual F did she just said!? Oh yes right, the driver is a female. Gunner and Commander is a male.

"Deploying thermal smoke screen!"

The IFV deploying barrage of smoke canisters from the smoke dispenser, the dispenser was planted at the side of the main gun turret. I can not see what is going on outside, i was sealed and strapped inside this steel box. Tightly grip my seatbelt, make sure my gun was strapped tight on my body. 

*Pang! Papapang! Booom! *

We got hit again and this time i saw a flash of light. Is that a projectile that by passing just now??? I'm feeling goosebumps now.

"Damage status!!"

*Geho! Cough!*

"The Turrets got jammed! Switched to manual but still stuck! and i’m keep bleeding, it won't stop! I'm really screwed!"

"Engine critical! Losing power of the vehicle!"

*Bam-Ba-Booom!*

My body jolted. Salvo of rockets!? Yes a rockets... if that a missile we will be turned into barbecue. I can feels the IFVs suddenly make a turn in sharp directions. Ah... The tracks is damaged i bet.

"We done for! The tracks is kaput!(busted)"

"Right! Damn right... They try to erase the smoke screen"

"Orders! Your orders commanders!?"

I feel sick. Urrggg not now... please not now! my consciousness is blurry. Stress?Fatigue?? My body is on the limit after prolonged battle with the enemy for 30+days straight. My vision is turned black and white, my body feels so cold, I can only hear faint sounds. Did I get hit somewhere? N-noo it can’t be right.

"@#$#@@__&&-++!?"

"@#$_&#^¥¢√=®©•π!"

What are they saying!? Ah... The drugs yes the drugs. It's on my aid kits in my hip pockets. I’m injecting the drugs into my body. I think i need a fresh air, now I'm struggling to release this damn seatbelt. There are six man at the passengers compartment including me. It's raining outside, rain of bloody bullets... Loud deafening sound pierced my ears. I close my eyes, hold my gun tight. I’m scared shitless, but I need to man up to stay alive. If i got nailed by that armor piercing bullet, that will be ugly and gorey! That is why I need to keep the dice rolling, not just surrender to my fear.

“The smokes from the second salvo is start to clearing! Your orders commander!”

“U-uoghhhh *cough* just leave me… I know I’m dead. *cough. Cough* leave… save your self”

"Achtung!!(attentions) Raus! Raus hier!(out, out off here) Abandon vehicle!” 

“Sorry I’m so sorry… i wish i can save you"

“it’s alright… we have been trough a lot of fun, the three of us…………”

The motor of the vehicle was dead and the gunner also died soon after. He was dead in his commander arms.

“Scheiß!(Shit) MMMmmm… damn! I'm not cry!”

Ahhh… i guess the driver is cried. The commander was just silently watch his partner departed, I think he got shock that his sworn brothers just went off like Puffff! Gone…

A drama of fallen comrade yes? Well… this is sad. I by my self also has witnessed many event like this in my prolonged frontal battle with the main enemy forces. The fall of berlin was a hard slap, no replacement. In this breakthrough attempt, we are being hunt down by enemy paratroopers. Our remaining battle group is now diehard trying to avoid wipe out scenario by the enemy. The unfortunate fate seems enjoying every bite of us.

*Booomm!*

Explosion from the Engine compartment! Enemy is merciless even though they knew that we are incapacitated they still hit on us.

"F-Fire! Engine burned!"

Our country was well known for their top noch technology and engineerings. But this 'Marder' IFV is still easy picking from their natural predators, the attack helicopters.

"Put it off! I'm busy with the radio!!"

"I-i'm bleeding... A sharpnels is destroying my right ankle. Help me. . ."

I see pool of blood on the floor... it’s came from the fallen gunner. Smokes is coming from the driver cabin.

*Cough! Cough! Cough!* "FFFFFFUUUUCK! I’ll help you out off here, just keep put out the fire first. Schnell!(fast)"

Danger indicator is glowing red like the sun, everything painted red by the light inside this doomed IFV, Black smoke that smell like oil dan rubber start blocking my sights, I can't stop coughing. The commander peek at the passenger cabin and say.

"Raus!(Out) you all back there go first! Cover for us!"

After split second i shouted...

"You hear that! Let’s get out off here!"

Annoying interior because all of this combat gear stuff... I want to get out fast!

"Where? Where is it!? I can't see so well!"

"What the hell... the Hatch! Use the rear door hatch oh Einstein!"

If the engine is dead, did the hydraulic also loosing it's power right? The door won't open, it got stuck by something. Now he start to use brute force to make it open. 

Are you serious!? It's the god damn tank, not your neighbourhood doors. I should give him applause! He is man of the day. That door is hydraulic powered, what a big brain! He try to make a miracles. Salute!

*Thump!* *Thump!*

"Why won't you open!"

Another Einstein try to help him... Smokes is getting thicker, the air is getting hotter. Chill rundown through my spine again. It's the desperate time.

*Thump! Thump! Thump!*

"This thing really got fucked... What do we do!? Use the commander hatch!??"

Whaaaaat!? Nein!!(no) I will not queue into my own death. All this people start to speechless now... they comically eyeing each other. The commander is busy helping the driver. I put my 'mmeh' face, Then i say...

"Guys, for once, just for once…. See over there? let’s use that top hatch for escape"

Everyone start to look at the top hatch that was placed on the top of the passenger seat. There is three oval door hatch that will lead us escape on the top deck of the vehicle. By operating the leverage manually, the hatch can be open easily.

"U-upper hatch! Yes the top fucking hatch! Why I just remember now!"

"Hmmmm... You all hopeless as always. Now double time!"

One by one the hatch is being open, and thank god it's opened Easily. Everyone crawling out from the top hatch just like ants get out off the nest. Make it fast! I also want to live!!

"Move your fat ass!"

"Shut up! I can't get out fast with this damn battle gears is getting in my way... and why don’t you help me down there!?"

I'm the last guy to get out... I try to help my poor comrade who sit at the corner of the passenger seat. He is dying... I see a big hole that was open wide as my palm. It's located on the top from where he sit, he got nasty penetration wounds. A big bloody gash on the top of his torso and there is also big smokey hole at the Back door hatch under his seat. Ah, so this is the cause why the back door won't open.

"Leave. There is no time...i’m goner. Thank you for trying to save me."

"A-alright, any last will? Maybe i could help with that. And no need to say thank you… we are brothers to the end"

"....."

He just smile and dead.

"I wish you found happiness out there my brothers"

It's sad. 

"Help! I'm stuck!!"

Another guy make ruckus, his gun sling is get in his way, he got stuck because of it... I give him a hand. Then after make sure everyone out except for some people. It's my turn to crawling out from this steel coffin.

Just few minutes ago i saw more dead men, a man that was screamed for his life, a lady that was got emotional, even the strong looking man is also cannot escape from panic attack when his life was in pinch. 

[Plilup] "Break, Break. Viking four to Viking Zero. Viking four to viking zero! Engine destroyed, taking casualty, abandon vehicle... Viking four out." [Tsk]

I heard the commander is making his last report before he bailing out alone. Ah... the driver must be dead, man… I feels my head is throbbing, It's sting.

*Hufff. Hufff..*

Now I'm desperately running, trying to get out off the open ground. Taking refuge inside the thick vegetation at the outskirts of the forest tree lines, located on the side of the road. From what i can see, there are three vehicle that was got out of action. I said.

"222nd will be no more"

A half days ago we got ambushed at the resupply point at the city about hundreds meter away from here, we are on the run science then. But the enemy is fast... The remaining of 222nd PzGren. Is on the brink of wiped out.

[Plilup] "This is Viking zero to all remaing vehicle! launch counter offensive!" [Tsk]

My headphones was connected with my trusty military grade walkie-talkie. It's now got switched and linked with 5th battle group radio frequency. I switch it when i'm running on the open ground back then. it is now start to make a lot of sound again. I'm feeling anxious, my heart pounding, i'm scared, my vision and my mind on high alert. I will survive, again… I'm die trying.

[Plilup] "This is Two! Enemy gunship in gun range!" [Tsk]

[Plilup]  "Three here! Target marked, engaging target! Two please assist!" [Tsk]

*Dakadakadakadakadaka!!*

[Plilup] "Zero to all surrounding infantry, watch out for ground assault retreat into the treeline." [Tsk]

*Dakadakadakadakadaka!!*

The mighty 30mm chaingun from the IFVs is trying to swat that damn flying things down. A bit pity i think, that gunship is fast and nimble up the clear skies. It's a hard target with only single barrel chaingun. My own self also feeling useless, even at the close range my own rifle will not put a dent on them. The enemy choppers is keeping them self at the safe distance, i can only see black dots in the sky. I'm wondering, are those is the 'crocodile'? 'black shark'? 'alligators'? 'Havoc'?. We now only faced two helicopter, and that two machines really cutting us to pieces. hovering from place to place, pop and spraying thermal flares like it was a new year party, how much time before they need to refuel and rearms.

************

[Plilup]"This is the last broadcast of the Viking Zero. Proceed by your own as the given objective. It's been an honor to serve with you. Zero Out."[tsk] 

Radio chatter wake me up, I was unconscious under the tree... Did i just fainted, but how long!?. Some people i know is dead. They all around me, some people is missing, Maybe they run for his life. My squad is no more... I look around. The is a smoky creater over there... Ah yes. Rocket strike. Ouch... i feel bit headache, I touch my the back of my head... 

*Sting*

"Ouch.ouch.ouch Aw!"

My back hair got dirty by some slimy liquid and soil, then I look at my palm... Blood there is thick blood. Ah, now i'm understand why... my hand trembled. My body is freezing, i feel goosebumps.

"I escape death... Ah!"

*Slap slap*

I slap my cheeks, there is no time for this. Now i'm back from the death. Time to move... Or i will be really dead.

Magazine check. Ammo check. Grenade. No aid kit. Two pain killers, let's just use it one for now.

*Click* 

Pull little bit the charging handle, i peek from the shell ejector that the chambers is loaded. Release the charging handle.

*Krcack*

It's Lock n' loaded, Safety off. Enemy can be everywhere from here on. I got plenty off ammon for my G36V(E) standard issue rifle. The one i hold it's an Assault Rifle Type. 

"I guess time it's to move as orders"

Our convoy got decimated everybody start to break formation run for their lifes... Limbs, metal scrap, fallen comrade is everywhere...

"Help! Heeeelp! Don't leave me here! The ivan will torture me to death! Hey help me!!"

A man got skewered by chunk of big steel inside of the upsidedown armored vehicles

"F-Fuuuuck! I don't want this... Why i deserve this!?"

Another man lost a half of his lower body after his vehicle got cracked open not far from him. Over there i see a lady. She crawling and bit smoking from her body. 

"Hot... Arrgh it's hurts! Papiii, help me papi!! Huuuuuu..uhuhuuuu~"

She got 50% burns wounds on her body. I bet her vehicle was struck by 'Thermobaric' missile, i can see her vehicle is burned and smoked not far from her. More and more ugly and nasty corpses of my fallen comrades is scattered everywhere... In my way retreating i see someone famous struggling to get out from the top of IFV then fell down on the ground like lump of tree log not far from his smoking IFV. He died soon after. It's the commander of Viking Zero. He got a nasty big gash on her chest.

"Uwaaa~ huuuu... Papi...Awawaaa~ It's sting. Papi!"

She really crying like baby... I put my palm on my face.

"Ugghh...Damnit! I just can't...."

I stopped and turn back i just can't leave her. Move and get close to her, crouching. I said.

"Hang in there, you such a crybaby... Here i got you, let's get the hell out off here, this vest and this thing is on the way, i will take it off for you"

"W-who...? L-Leone!?"

Vehicle crew apparel is made from burn resistant materials in some degree. But still... Look at her, she is bleeding from her nasty burn wounds. There was melted cloth, rubber, and plastic is sticking on her body. 

"Can you move with ease now? I will apply painkillers for you"

Painkillers is lot better, because you still got your consciousness fully intact. In some cases morphine will put you to sleep... That is why i choose the painkillers, because we are going for march.

"Mmmmmh...Ahhhhhh~ Yes"

Whooooaaatt!??? Stupid as usual... She love to teasing me, even at the time like this.

"Cut the crap... Please, stop joking at the time like this. The hell.. pfff- hehehehe"

"Hihi...sorry, and thank you"

I see a black and dark brown charred flesh. Her white skin that used tobe smooth as silk is cracked like the dry muddy ponds, and blood flowing down from that crack... Mortally wounded. It's just only torture for her if i try to tear down all the things and gears that got melted and sticking with her body.

"I will carry you. Let's get out of here"

***********

The sun is about to set, four hour has passed. I don't know how far we have been marching. Our unit is scattered, but out objective is clear. Retreat to the French defense line.

This girl on my shoulder was my ex girlfriend, her name is Tanya, she still got that pretty face and that eye catching red hair. I look on her face, she look at me with her teary eyes. I turn my face back in to the horizon. I see more and more people died, she is dying on my shoulders... Scream, agony, curse, regret in their last moments. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I wish i could help more soul to survive, but i can't. Now we are climbing a step hill and she now getting more weakened, her time soon will come.

"Thank you... Look. I'm sorry for all what i did to you okay. You are a good man as always, unlike me."

"Shut up. Did the painkillers did the job well suppressing your pain?"

*Thud*

"Aaargh... That's hurts"

I slipped in attempt to get pass this hill, both of us is fell down and she was on top of me facing the sky, I can't move my body, we stay still. Numb, stunned. I can feel her heart beat from in my arm that got stuck between her back and my chest. Her heart beat was slow but strong. She laughed.

"Aha.ahahahaha did we just fall down from that hill!?"

"Ehehehehe... Yes. Stupid right?"

We are in the middle of the damn thick forest, on the hill foot. Laughing like a fools. I move her body aside and sit, looking around search for my rifles. She still laying down on the dirt soil.

"Leave... I can't keep up any more"

Her breathing was bit rough, her face dirty because of the flame, sweat, and soil. half of her body got burned from the right shoulder down to the right foot. I can see her boots is melted at some points, her BDU(Battle Dress Uniform) is Sticking with her skin. The only thing that can be taken off was her tactical vest and ammo pouch by cutting some parts with my bayonet knife, i did that when i pick her up not long ago. She left her Mp7 PDW(Personal Defense Weapon) inside the burning Viking three. Things getting worse. We are exhausted, She getting paler. Blood loss and dehydration.

"Come on... I'm not gonna leave you"

*Kerchack!*

She pointed her handgun on me who now stand on my feet after pick up my rifles. I'm trying to save her. I know it pointless... But i just can't. I just can't leave her after seeing her dying like that. My heart shattered into pieces again and again.

"That's enough"

She crawled with her back on the ground and lay her back on big thick tree, still point his gun on me. I'm just stood frozen watching someone i care, my love, used tobe my love. Slowly lose her lights.

"Can't you stop being selfish as always!? *Huffff...hufff* that is why i'm sick of you"

"...."

"You know i'm dying right? *Hufff...huff* please tell Her. . . That she was lucky to have a good man like you. I know it's to late and pathetic to say this, *huuuuffff...* damn it's hurts a lot... Fuck!"

Her breathing is messed, looks like the pain killers effect is start to wear off. She put down her gun.

"...."

That was my college love story. In the end i end up marry someone. I think she doesn't know our circumstances. Should i told her the truth?

"In the end she was the winner, i just can't bear to see my love have another love beside me, that is why i leave you. So please, don't you dare to die on me you piece of shit! Now... Do you still have that thing!? This shit is literally killing me.."

The tension is loosened. Maybe a short brake will help. I told her that i have nothing left. She now rummaging something from her pockets. She found two morphine... She pass one for me to safe keep, then she use her own portion directly on her wounds.

"Ffffuuuuhhh... Much better"

"i think a short brake will help, i'm also wornout"

I sit on her side, share my water canteen with her. Her water supply was out. I took out a chocolate bar from my mess kit, share with her. But she just took a bit of it, it's just to erase the unpleasant taste in her mouth she said. Then I said...

"You know. I have been divorced. About four months before the war is broke...she was called back by her motherland to enlist in the air force she said. Her families have a strong tie with the air force she said, and she also have strong love for her country and family. So as the oldest daughter she was obliged to enlist. And after that we lost contact"

"Ah is that so... Sorry. I don't know."

"Yes, not a problem. Then the war is really put more mess into my life."

My breath feels heavy, my hearth seems empty, but my eyes oddly did not shed any tears. I think my heart really have died because of all this chaos. Heartbreaking memories and situations, but no tears came out at all... did i just turns into a heartless zombie? Am i still human? Something sure has change inside of me, i'm sure of it.

*Rrrrrrrrrrrr..rrrrrrrrrr...raarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

"Stay down"

I told her to hold my gun, stand up and changing position bit further ahead, I'm observing the parameters, looking for nearby threats. I came back to pick her up, then i said.

"We need to go, they have landed ground hunting squad not far from here"

"How did you know!?"

"It's just my intuition, let's go"

I looked directly on her eyers, she just stay there frozen and say.

"What are you looking at!? Get out of here... I'll cover you"

"The hell are you talking about!? I'm not living you here"

She won't budge and still crouched near the big three.

"No time for stupid fight, and stop always being selfish. Look at me! I'm beyond help at this point!"

I crouching facing her face, She. . . Was right. I can't help much whit my capabilities. I can't get enough of those blue eyes then i look on the ground, regretting how useless my self was.

". . . ."

"Ah yes! Please tell Major General Voss, my shity father. Hauptfeldwebel(master sergeant) Tanya Redsky Is going AWOL"

*Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr..rrrrarrrrrr.rrrrrrr*

That gunship helicopter is back for another pass... It's a 'crocodile' or the west name it 'Hind'. That thing is on the hunt for prey. 

"There it is... Vulture always came after the dead body right?"

"I will still not gonna-"

*Smmmmmoch*

She kissed me on my lips, deep passionate kiss. I got caught by surprise.

"Sometimes you need to shut up and stop being selfish, avoiding useless arguments also a good thing you know. This is my last request for you... Now go. There is no time"

"Tanya you know that. . . . I love you, i'm still love you, I can't denny this fact until i die, i'm sorry. . . I wish i could help and stand by your side until the end"

". . . ."

She just looking downwards, didn't gave any respond. I just I saw her take position preparing to engage the pursuers only with USP, it's her 45. Cal handgun. She ask me for grenade and some ammo, so i pass her a frag grenade and a clip of my handgun magazine(our forces mostly share the same type of ammunition) and then left her after fist bump just like in our childhood days. After about eight minutes on the run, i heard gunfire and distant explosion from the directions where i just pass. I stop my advance, take a deep breaths and look at the dark sky full of stars from inside the forest. Then i proceeded towards my objective full with caution.

0