Chapter 04: Cold Silent Night.
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Man... I work my arshe to the bone. I hope you enjoy it. See you next week. Typed and checked by my self. So... Just enjoy it.

Chapter 04: Cold silent night.

"Mmmhhh. . ."

Cold. I open my eye slowly. Blinking, refreshing my eye. 

"Uhhh . . A haystack bed? Should I wake up at the hospital or something like that, But... Where the hell am i? It's definitely not a hospital or something"

My body feels so heavy, My head feels so light. There is shining magic candle and a medium size clay water jug on the top of this simple wooden drawers near the haystack bed. This magic tools emitting a calm small lights, but weirdly this thing illuminates the room well done. better and safer than the normal candle that would bring disaster if got poorly handled. I'm now laying on the top of haystack bed, wooden wall, wooden floor, a simple peaceful room.

"Magic really exist in this world, this magic candle also the fruits of the magic development. I need to work hard to find my way home. Really."

I'm impresed by this magic candle, this thing can shine without actual fire to a produce light. They use something like cristal, this one is yellow ones. Maybe back in earth this candle comparison is a LED lamp. The detail how they works is still mystery for me. I never learn magic before, but in here... Can I learn magic? I'm questioning my self. For now, better focus to find out where i'm.

"Looks like i was fainted and then... i was evacuated somewhere by someone. A-Aw... My wounds, ughh..."

O-oh right. My wounds, i forgot. Slow and steady i sit on the bed, my breath feels hot and dry so i drink some fresh water from the jugs after i check the contents inside. 

*Sound of trees being blown by night wind*

"Man... It's cold in here... Did they also have a winter here?"

The window is open, cold wind flowing from the window. A very calm night inside the bed room, i also can hear night bugs is singing outside. I get out off the bed and move toward the window. I see another wooden buildings not far from here, i see a many light and walls in the distance. So.... Now I'm is at the village, outskirt the town?

"Still don't have exact clue where am i... And whose house it is"

I wonder who is the owner of this wooden cabin. Ouch! my body complaining once again! But I can't just lay down and back to sleep again, my sleep bar is full i guess. I can understand after i feeling my head is become dizy and heavy because to much sleep. Get up and do little walk will help my body regaining healthy blood circulation. I see a mirror onthe wall and i heading there. I'm surprised.

"I don't remember when and where i change my outfits... Someone did this without my consent? A-aaaa... Wth i'm thinking!? They did this and solve my problem. How rude of me"

I wear old plain T-Shirt and a Long pants, the actual colour is white but it's now has turned yellowish and brown. Maybe because the water quality is bad or just worn out due to age and long term usages.

"Now I'm in the debt, i need to find out who is my caretaker when I'm out"

I open the door get out off my room. Wandering inside the house, then i found something on the top of the dining table under the fruit that resemble an apple. It's a note. It's said.

[If you wake up, there is more food inside the cabinets in the kitchen. I also have taken care off your belongings, and i put it inside the drawers near the bed from where you just rest. I'll be back next morning after night shift. -Alex]

"Alex? I wonder who is Alex... I'm starving, so let's eat for now. The owner of the house is a nice person. I will pay their kindness soon or later."

Let's see what is inside of the cabinets. I found a wheat flours(maybe) inside the rugsacks, fruits, ah the thing dangling in there must be a preserved meats inside somekind of dry aromatic leaves, is this some kind of cinamons? It's smell so sweet. I see a sausages dangling beside the preserved meats. Now... i wonder what kind of powder inside the glass jars, sesoning maybe? Ah is this a pickled food inside this glass jar? And there is bunch of hard bread inside the woodenware basket. No vegetables at all... Well... There is no fridges here, so maybe they process the fresh veggies at the same day they bought it or farm it. Food from this world is similar but different. For example... I also found some mushroom, this kind of mushroom is very poisonous and lethal back on earth. Also what is this strange black paste inside the small clay jars? it's smells rotten like hell when i open the lid. 

"After all this thing... What a letdown, i feels i just turned into a toddler with a damn healty manhood at the disposal, it's frustrating. I just can't eat something strange, I've become picky when it's come to food. I have bad memories back on earth, my bitter sweet experience with some exotic food"

Back on earth i saw some of my co-workers is doing okay when he ate that exotic food... But for me, i got mailed straight into the hospital for a week. I learned my lesson, some people is special. What a bad memories. I know we can't be picky when it's come to food, it's ungrateful and disrespect, but then what is the point if you get sicks or maybe died because of it? It's not worth enough right!? It's a commonsense. 

Beside... I'm not live in the stone ages, where the food is hard to find and fire is a luxury. There is better foods. I just really don't know much about this world. Even i don't know how to use the kitchen hardware, this metal magical stove for example, or this magical oven/baker. It's a good kitchen actually, a drawers, cooking tables, cabinets, there is also stone sink where you can wash your hand or do the washing things, complete set of kitchen utensils, is this somekind of blender or grinding tools for ingredients? A manual type of course, It's something new for my eyes. I really need to go back in the cave. Learn more about this world is a must, information is key to win the battles.

"I can cook, but now... My life skill is useless in front off this alien stuff and things. So i will take only the thing i familiar with, like this bread and this fruit"

I took some of the dinning tools, move on the dinning table with the food. Sit on the chair, and start to chow. I'm enjoying my life now.

"I think it's my fate, if i'm not captured by the Knights back then. I will not experience this situations. I don't know that i'm lucky or not. How long the time has passed since i came into this alien planet?"

I was in the middle of war back on earth, got caught on crossfire and chaos. Suddenly things goes bright, my vision view is distorted. After i got my vision back, the thing is saw was a different view. i was inside a dark cold caves. After take some times to get control of my situation and wandering. I found that the caves is located on the wall of a cravice under the cliffs at the thick forest not far from the icy mountains. I heard the name of that forest is 'the black fortress'. 

I got another intel that the H.Q(Caves) where i live was located in the forest, and deep down in the bottom of the cravice, there is a dungeon. The forests it self is not that dangerous i think, there is less deadly monster and perfect place for farming or hunting. But the dungeon is sure will be different, and the entrance is located at the bottom of the cravice at the huge ancient ruins. I think it's not far from where my cave is. I also heard that the dungeon is labeled as one of the world wonders of this world. 

"Maybe when i'm stronger and got more knowledge about this world, i will try explore that dungeon. I'm excited! This is a new things for me"

It's an ancient dungeons that up until now is still not captured yet, i also heard that the farest capture/raid attempt record is only down at the 47th floors. That achievement was orcestrated by multinational government. It's a combined force of multi national army, supported by world class adventurers from the adventurer/hunter Organisation. But they still failed. Even it was failed campaign, they still profit a lot from the dungeon capture. Rare raw resources like mine ore and top monster material. They can't go any further because of the wounded, and low on logistics. More deeper, more deadly the monster is, and of course the rewards also promising. It was rumoured that a small nation has paid their huge debt in one swing after they sold out an artifact they found from that multinational raid.

"My instinct was right... If i went down instead go up to the surface. I will be dead meat for sure. Hmm~ anyway. I like this fruits, i wondering what it's called? This fruits is resemble a 'pear' fruits back on earth. Bit sour, Not hard like apples, instead it's crunchy, it's also sweet, and watery. But it have a strange colour, green tosca on the outside but the inside is neon green and the seed is black"

*Chomp, chomp, chomp*

Now continue. The forest it's self is a neutral land with very vast area. The dungeon located at the bottom of the cravice far from where my cave is, i learn all of this intel back when I'm still in my slave works in the city. Many peoples is die hard to capture but also it's worth to die for with all it's fortune inside, you can buy a nations if you can capture that dungeon they said.

Many nations is making ruckus because of that dungeons, sometimes a skirmish between nations is triggered because this reason. For example, last time attack by neighbouring countries is also because of this reason. They said this nation(my current location) is trying to monopolies the 'the black fortress' dungeon for it self. Well, from what i see.... They also not in the wrong, they need to get pass the dangerous icy mountains, it's the domain of ice dragon. A risky manoeuvre with no profit if they choose that way. It said that dragon are intelligent, ridiculously stong, and prideful creatures, of course it's commonsense that they will be attacked if they still choose to pass the mountain. Imagine as the dragon P.O.V, a band of army is trespassing your domain, you will think that was the subjugation force for sure. Dragon have a long life span and the only treat for them is another intelligent creatures like human for example, human in this planet have long bad history with dragonkin. As the greater creatures of course they will receive the challenge. As an apex natural predators they will not back down.

So if they want to capture the dungeon, the fast and safest way is by the land road by passing this nations, and.... This nations is not permitted any foreign army to by pass it's border. Logic, they permit it if only a small platoon of foreign army but that army platoon needed to pay a huge amount of tariffs if they want to get pass and also tons of paperwork that will need quite amount of time to finish. If only a squad they don't need to pay, formal report is enough and the paperwork is easy. but what can they do with only a platoons or a squad/party? Even the top world class adventurers party can only down to 33th floors. 

"Yeah... That was good intel if i recalled. But i need to gather more. And why this bread is hard and taste like just a wheat, it tasted just like plain oat meals... Is the tasty soft bread is not developed yet in this world? If i know there is a butter or something in the cabinets. I will spread a mountain of it"

Oh right, about the caves. I was wake up on the top of the stone altars. I left my uniform and Guns in H.Q, i also found many useful things in the H.Q. leftover clothes, canned food, water source, books in the small library inside a room just like administration office. I also found a small kitchen, and the most frightening thing is, i found it suspicious that the cave was designed like somekind of fallout bunkers or FOB(Forward Operations Base) tobe more precise. Also a lot of the tools and things is familiar to me. Even the books also writen in earth western alphabet. Someone from earth is sure the owner of that caves. But where are they?

"I found no corpses or even a bone or what, only ton of dust that take me tree days to clean all that place alone, no electricity but only magic cristal and some magic tools like the magic candle for example"

Still the fact... It was a man made cave or bunkers from the earth dwellers. Some notes is left in every rooms by the one who used to be the owners/occupants of that cave. I used the small library in the office room. The most thing i did with the library books is studying the common letter of this worlds, i also learn that this world is called 'Seth' there is also local alphabet and numbers that was used as common communication mediums. There is 8 big continent on this worlds. I found a map in library wall, but that map is only a bald map, i wonder if that map is still valid. I still don't know where my position is and wich continent i'm. Even when i know the name of forest i came from, i still do not know where the fuck i'm. There was no advanced research about outer space yet like the earth. But there was a sun that was called 'Noer' and there is two moons on the sky, the big golden one is called 'si', and little red none is 'mi'.

"It's decided, when i leave this house. I will find more intel about this world, ah I'm full. Thank you for the food. Let's clean up and back to rest, the night is still long"

************

0