Awaiting The Beginning Of A Higher Rank Transformation
246 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was once again back in my inner realm, but was placed in a completely different location.

I could see a giant clock looming in the sky. Floating there. The pointer was almost at 12, it had no pointer for minutes. 

"Well that is because is related to the experience the inner realm gets, as it's age it bound to it." The fairy chimed in, seeming a little more aged than before, taking on the appearance of a young adult. "And it seems you are about to finally get the fifth fold. And become a 2nd ranker."

"But a 2nd rank 1st folder is higher than a first rank fifth folder." I rebutted.

"But a 2nd rank 0th folder and a first rank 5th folder are one and the same~. That aside, I would like to you to tell me in what way you wish to grow. Any answer is correct, as long as you truly wish for it." She smiled and patiently awaited my answer.

"Well, I wish to learn and get to know all kinds of things. I wish to be able to be free and be with the ones I love. I wish to get to know the world more, as I have neglected it to engage in a trifle one sided love."

She calmly listened to my answer, clasped her hands together and said, "I think I have a good idea of how to change into the 2nd phase." She pulled me along toward a patch of grass somewhat nearer the giant looming object, and sat me down next to her. "For now, let us enjoy the transition. It will only be a few minutes."

...

"Say, do you have any idea why my aura element is corruption?"

"Why do you know that?" she retorted almost immediately.

"I pondered for a while about how [drainage] could be linked to a type during a conversation I had. But without me noticing I had already given the answer 'corruption'. It was as if guided to a revelation. When I thought about telling my type I never had the thought I didn't know. Even before the actual answer came to me."

"Hmm. The realm and the owner seem much alike after all. Only giving the vitals of the information to others. But always asking about everything around them. It can't be helped, I suppose."

"What do you mean by that?" I further inquired, only realizing a split second later I might be reinforcing her point.

"Tehee~ gotcha. I can only tell you what I know. And I know that I know very little about you. Be sincere, is mental growth truly the only thing you wish to do? Not a bit of revenge, or maybe becoming stronger to protect your loved ones, maybe even not having to suffer anymore?"

It was a perfectly normal question. Sometimes too many hardships can break a person. but my reason for cultivation was still because of my curiosity.

"I will say I felt glee when seeing the mighty Fan Xhu in excrusiating pain. I will also say that I am happy to have saved my friends, and that my arm hurting is annoying. But I would never go as far as subtracting or overobsessing over one of these facts. I have already remained stuck, with a meningless life doing meaningless evil deeds for far too long."

I was as honest with her as possible. She wished I were to be sincere and I had no qualms about it. I have no need for singlemindedness when there are so many paths open to me, so what if I'm a little indecisive?

"Well now I know a little more. Fan Xhu hmmm~? I'll remember it. Be sure to tell me more stories about it later. But for now, the transformation is almost about to begin. See, just a few more seconds. As for your original question, maybe it's because corruption is also one rooted in secrecy? Or maybe it's something else entirely, who am I to say?"

We awaited the last few seconds staring up at the light green colored sky. Awaiting the moment the clock would strike 12.

I was getting very excited for what was about to happen.

12