The Plan
233 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So I have a few questions I need to know first." I took a careful look at their expression, making sure they pay careful attention. "After these questions, I would like to go somewhere more private, if that isnt an issue. Do any of you know a good place?"

Yin replied saying that she knows a teahouse somewhere nearby where usually there are few to no customers. It will have to do.

"Then, before I go explain the plan, I need to make sure of some variables. If you don't know that is fine, but it will need to be asserted sooner or later."

They all nodded.

"I assume there are many soldiers nearby, if not escape would be as easy as just walking out the other exit. Are the soldiers hidden or on open display?"

Jin replied to me "It seems they are somewhat closeby, around a kilometer away from the city. That is, at least, what I had heard in passing when merchants were talking."

"I see... Say, is there any animosity or friendliness between this city and Fan Xhu?"

"I wouldn't know exactly," Jin hesitatingly told me "but if I were to guess I would assume it was neutral. They did not seem agitated nor happy about these circumstances."

"Aha, that's good. This might actually work."

At my words their expressions froze over a bit. They all supressed the urge to shout at me "What do you mean it might actually work!?"

I shh'd them before they could speak out, and gestured them to go out for a more discrete place. For this to work after all we need to make sure not anything is revealed to the public.

After all, the primary point of manipulation is not to let the target know they're getting manipulated. 

We went out after paying for our meals and went to the teahouse while Yin led the way. We got some curious looks from onlookers. It seems my attire is a little conspicuous. That, or the aura of us 5 is leaking for the public eye to see. Can't tell yet when it's happening, as I'm unable to see the spirit flow.

We went inside. The dark colored wooden texture mixed with the soft orange lighting inside and the sunlight outside gave it a cozy, homely looking feel. We got to a table and I started to reveal my masterplan.

"First, we will change our attire, look as common as possible. This will keep us at least somewhat out of public sight." I looked at them and they nodded. "We will need someone to write some anti Xhu propaganda, start some rumors, make some pamplets. Make them seem threathened by the outside forces." They seemed a little hesitant but still on board with this.

"Then," I chuckled "we will spread chaos within the village. And who will be the one to blame? When a fight occurs we can safely retreat and have it so Fan Xhu will have problems following us."

Of course, as I anticipated, they didn't look very excited about this.

"That's why, it only might work. But, I don't think a more secure ticket is ready for us."

However, even though they seemed not into the idea, they felt they had no choice but to follow my words.

A lot of things need to be done beforehand of course. And maybe we won't even be able to start the plan at all. But a bright future awaits us, and this must be the lottery ticket to win it.

 

9