A Possible New Ally
236 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a cautious atmosphere around me. The sisters and Chen sometimes peeking glances as me, as I only looked back at them with pure confidence.

"The clothing doesn't feel that bad. It only takes a bit of getting used to." I jokingly reassured them. Though their expressions didn't calm down much.

Most of the time I was surrounded by silence. It seems they are still not onboard with my idea, sadly. Nonetheless, we had gotten all the materials needed in the end. Paper to write on, ink to write with, 4 sets of clothes for all of us, and a few daggers for self protection. 

Even knowing the dangers, how could I not be excited as the prospect of Fan Xhu's astonishment as he will feebly succumb to our plots? This sensiment created a bit of a dissonant feel between all of us. This in turn gave us a few glances, but nothing like the sharp stares from the onlookers we got before. 

As we were still strolling as the sun was setting, I suggested trying out a restaurant somewhere on the main street. It was not often that I got to eat food from this village, as most meals were prepared by the cooks in Xhu's domain.

Most people were having dinner already. The strong odors blended together creating a fragrant, colorful aroma. I could hear Min's stomach grumble, and she gave me a flustered look as she pretended that nothing was wrong.

I smiled and gave a nod to her, and went inside a place that looked a bit emptier than the rest of them, but which smelled even better than the rest of them. Inside there were many of high wealth present. Including a few acquaintances, who didn't seem to recognise me.

Good, that means that the clothings do their job properly.

We were greeted by a few stares upon entering, but it seemed they had no intention to pick a fight, only at most being either mildly curious or mildly bothered.

The person behind the counter rudely, but understandably, asked if we knew what place we were in. I told him we should have plenty of money to pay for whatever meal was presented.

The people inside scoffed at my words, and the man raised his eyebrows.

"If we're talking a 2 course meal it would easy cost about 24 silvers."

"Would 2 gold suffice?" I asked rhetorically.

2 gold after all is worth 30 silver, it should easily cover the cost.

The man shrugged his shoulders and said "Remember, we don't take kindly to customers who don't pay." I politely nodded and took a seat at the table he showed for the 5 of us.

"2 gold!?" Yin hissed in my ears, "Are you trying to get us on the streets!?"

I only gestured for her to calm down as we awaited our orders being taken. Of course, Yin also sharply glared and hissed at Min, who started to shrink from the pressure. I gave Min a light pat to the shoulder in response. She put her hand on mine in return, and gave me a teary smile.

'Aww Min, don't look at me like that.' I thought as I caressed her shoulder gently, patting it from time to time.

A man started to walk in a zig-zag line toward us, bumping into tables while giving off a foul stench.

The man snickered to himself while saying "Ehehe, what are you young ladies doing in a place like this." 

He must've thought we either really didn't have the money, or that he just told us the most charismatic line we've ever heard. Either way, he's completely off the mark. His haircut looked disheveled and his facial hair unkempt. In contrast, his clothed looked to be quite fashionable, creating a somewhat intimidating contrast similar to what you'd find in an insane man.

Before any of us needed to act, somebody already came at our side.

"It is quite rude to intercept such a gathering. I would request you go back."

A person with a twirled mustache with a stuffed face and body, with an outline similar to a snowman, had already intercepted the drunkard for us.

This was one of my acquaintances I spoke of: Ton Xu Din.

 

 

 

 

6