Chapter 48
199 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few weeks after the whole debacle in my office between my father, grandmother and me, things settled down a lot. They had, fortunately, kept their distance the whole time before they left back to the Whitefyre territory. By this time, most of the family had already left to go back to their main home while only leaving some people behind. 

‘Why are Camilla and Zakary still here?’ I still didn’t know. They didn’t come to ask me for anything yet so I just stayed away. 

I was on my way to the main teleportation arc in order to welcome what would be the most powerful person I had ever met in this life. 

‘The dragon king. The great white beast. The benevolent one. Whatever you want to call him, I’m about to be in the presence of what is essentially ancient history.’ 

As I arrived at the arc, I was met with a small crowd along with the empress and her children. 

‘Huh, she’s without her veil for the first time ever.’ The princess was the copy of her mother, only with golden eyes instead. She had a slight glow surrounding her and I felt a slight pull to her.

‘Still can’t completely control her glamour. Wonder why she took the veil off then? Oh well.’

“Your majesty. Your highnesses.” I bowed at them in greeting. 

“Solis dear, glad to have you here.” The empress gave me her signature dimpled smile. 

“Solis my man, Haven’t seen you in a while.” The prince said as he tapped me on the shoulder.

‘There he goes being overly familiar again.’

“I’ve been a little busy, your highness.”I replied.

“That’s too bad then. We’ll have to get in touch and talk soon. I saw something with my eyes a few weeks ago that we might want to talk about.” I raised my brows at that.

‘How far can your hax eyes see?’ 

“Of course your highness.” I went and stood by them just as the arc activated. 

‘It’s time.’ Suddenly, a tall, very tall man with white hair and multi-colored eyes with the same geometric pattern as the empress walked out. He had some white scales on his cheeks and dotted on different areas on his body. His presence felt like the surrounding mana itself had come alive and was vibrating. It felt as if he could wrestle the control of mana from anyone in the surrounding, even me. And that was a little bit frightening. 

‘So this is the dragon king.’ I thought as I looked at him. 

Different cultures had different iterations of him dating back several thousand years, that is how old he is. He had been kind, cruel, mischievous and other things in all his time roaming. Then, he settled on what would become Draigonith south of this continent after conquering it and named himself king. Weaker dragons who couldn’t protect themselves went under his rule and that eventually expanded to what it is now. 

 “You take after your mother more and more as the time passes.” The white dragon said in a deep rumbly voice as he walked over to the empress with arms open. 

“Father.” They hugged for a short while before separating. 

“That boy still won’t let you come to see me.” He spoke in a disgruntled manner. 

“You know you won’t allow me to return if I ever go to Draigonith.” She said as she giggled.

“And? What of it? It is where you belong. That boy stole my most promising child right from under me and used her as a broodmare” He turned to look at his grandchildren silently for a few seconds before the prince spoke.

“Grandfather, I greet-” He was cut off.

“You even had children with high levels of talent. Their hearts are maturing well for being barely dragon but none of them can compare to you.” He said in a straightforward manner. 

‘Harsh.’ 

It was well known that the dragon king would not tolerate weakness in his direct bloodline. He had been breeding for millennia with a large variety of species and had hundreds of children along with thousands of grandchildren at this point. The prince and princess were just two of his numerous grandchildren that were talented and nothing special in his eyes. At least not yet. He usually pays special attention to those that inherit his eyes as it is a trait that only shows up rarely in his bloodline, and both the prince and princess had the eyes. 

“Grandfather.” The princess bowed in greeting. 

“Ohh? This one resembles you.” The king says as he looks to the princess. He walked in her direction and he studied her for a bit before he turned to the empress.

“She looks exactly like you, exactly like your mother.” He turned back to the empress.

“You will need to be careful with this one, a lot of the dragons who couldn’t get you will come for her.” 

“I know father, I’ll require your permission to use lethal force when required?”

“That goes without saying. I’ll be expecting some new dragon skulls to add to your collection.” He finally turned in my direction. 

“And you must be Solis Heartree.”

7