Chapter 5
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Russell, 23 years old, single, handsome, athlete.

I moved to Los Angeles two years ago and got a job at a decent company called "Cut The Crap". I was still a simple full-time operator, but there were prospects for promotion, as for me it is not bad at all.

I even managed to rent a not very miserable apartment in a not very miserable area. On our street, almost all the houses were two or three stories high and were not in the best condition. It was a bit like the backyard of Brooklyn.

But I no longer need to cram into a hostel and share my modest abode with several neighbors, which made me happy every time I thought about it.

Once again, I returned home after a hard day at work, well, maybe not too hard physically, but mentally for sure.

Approaching my house, I opened two pairs of miserable doors and closed them behind me, after which I went up to the second floor and went into my apartment.

First of all, I began to compensate for the lack of physical activity at work and took up physical exercise. When I was finally satisfied, I took a beer out of the fridge and stared at the zombie box. Life is Beautiful.

I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing the terrible screams of neighbors, and soon not only neighbors. Screams of horror were accompanied by indistinct growls. At first I thought that some asshole was watching horror movies in the middle of the night, but after waking up properly, I began to realize that something was wrong here.

After going to the restroom and washing my face, I began to listen closely.

Somewhere in the distance, screams were again heard, and soon I even heard the sounds of shooting, and then I was finally on my guard.

Gently approaching the curtains, I pushed them aside and began to peer into the windows. In the apartment, I did not turn on the light, so the moonlight, coupled with rare lighting outside, made it possible to see what was happening on our street quite well even in the middle of the night.

I had to wait a bit, but soon some man ran out into the street, I managed to see that he was stained with blood, he was holding a knife in his hands. He looked around furtively, and then hesitantly moved along the sidewalk along the road, passing by chaotically parked cars.

However, something went wrong, the sound of breaking glass and more than one was heard. A couple of creepy monsters literally broke through the windows of the apartments with their bodies and rushed towards the man.

Falling out of the windows, they growled terribly, but immediately got up and rushed at him, leaving bloody footprints behind them. Their creepy tentacles fluttered excitedly on the run, and an incomprehensible mash instead of a head and an elongated neck caused horror.

The man was apparently already next to his car, but only managed to go inside and close the doors. The monsters overtook him in the next instant and began to beat furiously on the side window of a black Land Rover.

However, the monsters could not break through the glass right away, but one of them simply pushed the other away, and then smashed it on the glass with his own head.

The glass was covered with unpleasant bloody stains, the first blow did not bring any result, but the mutant, without hesitation, struck another blow with his head with a roar, and this time the glass could not stand it and broke. I was sure that such glass is presumably not easy to break even with a hammer so seeing this I even trembled a bit.

All this happened in a matter of seconds, besides, it would not have been possible to leave immediately, Land Rover was blocked by other cars. A man in suspense was expecting the result with a knife at the ready, but he probably prayed to himself that the monsters would smash their heads to death. Unfortunately, his prayers were not answered.

However, he was clearly not timid and was ready, as soon as the creature broke through the glass, he swung his knife and hit him right in the head. But it was difficult to understand exactly where it was, because the head was a continuous mash of blood and flesh, even the eyes could not be seen. But the result turned out to be disappointing, apparently he did not hit the eyes, and he could not pierce the skull with a knife.

The monster ignored the wound and instantly attacked the man. He was not given a second chance. The mutant grabbed his hand and pulled towards himself, the force was so overwhelming that this guy literally flew headfirst into the recently broken window, screaming in pain and horror, and there he was stuck. His arm was clearly dislocated or broken and hung limply.

Now two mutants have begun to beat the stuck man. His head instantly turned into a mess and his corpse limply stuck out of the car.

The mutants calmed down a bit, but their creepy tentacles dug into the man. They growled something to each other while the corpse literally melted in front of them. Soon, only indistinct remains and clothing remained of the corpse, they literally ate it.

My heart was pounding wildly in my chest, I very slowly returned the curtain to its original state, trying not to breathe, and then crawled into one of the dark corners of the apartment and tried to comprehend what I saw.

2