Chapter 9
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The same day.

Northwest Washington State.

US Naval Base Kitsap.

The base population was about 50 thousand people, including relatives and civilian staff. There were less than 15 thousand military personnel.

Nuclear submarine Ohaio returned to base and surfaced nearby. Captain Kernell, along with the other 13 crew officers, went outside, the other hundred plus fighters soon to follow.

The submarines did not have the Internet, moreover, while under water, the crew was not affected by the virus.

The ship on which they were supposed to be delivered to the base was already nearby. However, when Kernell looked at the ship, his heart skipped a beat. On the ship, he saw not the fighters of the navy, but grotesque monsters. Moreover, these monsters were holding weapons.

He was completely taken aback by what was happening, their eerie growls frightened both him and the rest of the officers. It became even more frightening when these monsters threw down their weapons and rushed to them. They fell into the water and swam in their direction, spraying sea water and stains of blood around.

- Captain Kernell? - one of the officers asked with pressure, looking at the approaching monsters.

The officers were armed. Apparently the officer asked captain for a permission to use his personal weapon. However, most of the officers did not wait for this permission, but began to get their pistols.

- Spread out! I allow you to open fire at will! yelled Kernell.

Shots began, but the effect was disappointing. Soon one of the officers shouted.

- Aim for the head!

The first monster got to the boat and somehow managed to climb on it, clinging to the surface with its tentacles. Soon, with a roar, he pounced on the nearest officer, but he could not get to him, a bullet shot through his head earlier.

The situation was extremely favorable for the officers, they had enough time for aimed shooting and opportunities to cover each other, the monsters swam pretty quickly, but compared to running on land, this speed was trivial, soon all the monsters were killed.

- What the hell is going on here? - one of the officers was indignant.

- Look, there are monsters too! - shouted another.

They noticed a lot of monsters scurrying around the military base in the distance, the whole area was filled with these creatures.

Some of them took out their phones and connected to the special WI FI network of the naval base. The more they learned, the more their faces grew paler.

However, they were not given much time, after ten minutes someone opened fire in their direction. Two officers were shot in the heads. Another grabbed a bullet in the shoulder.

- Everyone back to the boat! - shouted the captain and rushed back to the hatch.

Only eight officers returned.

Submarine began to sail at an accelerated rate and went under water, at least as much as it was possible at this moment, until they went out to sea.

- What the fuck is going on? Just before surfacing, we contacted the base, who did we talk to then, these mutants? - asked the officer who didn't bother to hear the news.

- Humanity was overtaken by a catastrophe. Almost all of humanity has turned into monsters, but they continue to behave like humans. I saw the president's speech ... He is also a monster ... - said Kernell, although he himself could hardly believe what was said.

- While we were in isolation under water, the virus did not affect us, but now we are also infected, in a day we will suffer the same fate. - added another.

They began to discuss what had happened and argue with each other. Even for an experienced military man, such news was like hitting a hammer on the mental state.

Having compared all the information and facts, as well as what happened at the base, they had no choice but to admit the reality of what was happening.

- Okay, what do we do now? - one of the officers asked.

There was a heavy silence. Soon the captain received an intercom call.

- Captain, the codes to launch the Trident nuclear missiles have just been received.

The officers were shocked.

- Who sent the codes? Kernell asked.

- I have no idea sir. - answered the fighter.

Kernell wondered who could send the codes to activate nuclear weapons? Definitely not the president. Maybe a vice president? Although the president changed recently, maybe the former president hasn't handed over the pandora's box yet? In any case, it doesn't matter anymore.

After a little pause, Kernell said - Bring the crew to the highest alert, the combat crew of the missile system must report to me within 10 minutes.

- Yes, sir.

All the officers stared at Kernell.

- Are we going to bomb the USA? - one of them asked in a trembling voice.

- Not only the United States, we will bomb where we will reach, in particular Russia. We have 24 nuclear missiles, theoretically their range can be up to 11 thousand kilometers and we will use them for their intended purpose. The Kitsap naval base is the closest to Russia, all the cards are in our hands. - said Kernell

- Are you crazy captain? Do you want to start a nuclear war? - said Frank

- Come to your senses, Frank! 90% of the population became mutants with a human mind, at this very moment they literally devour these same people like hot dogs! In all inhabited cities, the remnants of humanity are being exterminated right now. Moreover, monsters control the country and military equipment. Now the planet belongs to them, and we are just pathetic remnants of resistance and I intend to resist since I have such an opportunity. The main thing is to start, and the chain reaction will do the rest ...

Frank breathed heavily, his lips began to tremble, with difficulty, but he finally managed to speak out.

- What if ... What if they are right? ... What if suddenly, in fact, all of them are not monsters, but people, and monsters are just us? Ahaha that is right! Since they cannot recognize themselves as monsters, then why would you assume that you are smarter then all of them and can understand the difference ?! AHAHAHA.

- SHUT UP BASTARD! - Kernell punched Frank in the face, but he continued to laugh like crazy. - lock him up and do not let him out, he is clearly out of his mind.

Frank was disarmed and moved away.

- But what's the point in starting a nuclear war? How does this help? - another officer asked.

- At least we will be able to hit strategic targets with the main armed force on most of the planet. Since all this is now under the control of monsters, it is better that they burned out along with all this equipment. Imagine that all the governments and military of various countries have now become enemies of all mankind, we cannot allow these monsters to stabilize the situation and use military resources to exterminate the remnants of humanity. We may be the only ones with a chance to inflict significant damage on them. - Kernell caught his breath and continued.

- This is a war and we are losing by a huge margin! At least if we start chaos and confusion, in the ashes of this chaos pockets of resistance can rise and we will be one of them. - concluded the captain.

“But now we are also infected ... - the officer objected, but Kernell interrupted him.

- Moron! We have a huge advantage, humanity was completely unprepared. However, we already know what awaits us and when. We will develop a plan, thanks to which 10% of our crew will survive, we will link the crew or come up with something else. I'm not going to give up without a fight! - yelled Kernell.

1