Chapter 13
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author.

It is not for me to decide how you perceive what you are reading, but do not forget that this is a novel in the genre of fantasy, even if it is based on the modern world.

If there is some truth in the text, that's enough for me.

_______

The Russian Federation.

An entertaining country.

Apart from Moscow and some other cities, the average salary and standard of living of Russian citizens corresponded more to a third world country than a superpower country.

The US capitalists have created the ingenious pyramid of the century, or the greatest scam in the form of the country's external debt. US inflation is smeared with a thick layer all over the world, thanks to which the country cannot go to the bottom, and if it does for some weird reason, then only together with everyone else who uses american dollars, since whole world is using USD, this very world does not want that to happen.

However, did this mean that Russia was weak? Of course not.

First, nuclear weapons were originally considered the weapons of the poor. Indeed, for the development and production of more humane means of warfare it was necessary to spend fabulous sums and few willingly went for such a thing.

Especially the countries of the third world, which, moreover, were in every possible way limited in the possibilities of developing and retaining nuclear weapons. In some countries, it has come to the point that private individuals were taken up for development and storage instead of the state itself.

Secondly, Russia was not poor. The citizens were of course beggars, but the country was not.

Although the times of the Cold War were far behind, Russia has always kept its finger on the pulse, even if it went to the detriment of its own citizens, and possibly due to this fact.

In any case, it is better not to touch the bear while it sleeps relatively peacefully, but if you do touch it, then you should not expect anything good.

As soon as the first Trident rocket was launched towards the Russian Federation, the bear woke up. Various known and unknown military bases and storage sites for nuclear weapons came on alert one after another.

Various types of radar devices on the ground and in orbit calculated the flight path and the potential impact location.

Air defense facilities tried to calculate the trajectory and the possibility to shoot down the missiles in flight, but it was not so easy to do this, and even if it was possible to shoot down some of the missiles, it would be impossible to avoid damage.

Russia was not going to become a punching bag. In an emergency mode, it was decided to retaliate against the territory of the United States.

However, the virus turned 90% of the population into mutants on the same day, which made the situation already unstable and chaotic. This applied to all countries of the world, not only Russia.

In addition, nuclear missiles flew in all directions, further spreading chaos throughout the world. The launch of the first missiles launched a chain reaction, in the conditions of the spread of the virus, this chain reaction was even more difficult to contain. More and more people realized the inevitability of what was going to happen.

The nuclear war has begun, the only question is how to protect yourself and at the same time bomb more enemies.

Despite the fact that the first missile launch was made from the territory of the United States and directed towards various countries, retaliatory strikes were directed not only towards the United States. Countries began to actively bomb both others and themselves. The situation quickly got out of control.

Some Russian missile launches ended unsuccessfully, exploding even at launch. Other missiles flew in an unknown direction, but not in the direction of the intended target. One even flew to China.

However, it was not only Russia that faced this, to one degree or another similar cases occurred in other countries, which further inflamed the chaos of a nuclear war.

No matter how many calculations and tests were made, there was always a small risk of failure. If we take into account the fact that nuclear warheads also had an expiration date, as well as the fact that the world had no actual experience of waging a nuclear war, and also add the human factor here ...

Vladimir Zhirinovsky was the most famous politician in the Russian Federation, except of course for Putin. Another thing is that his fame was associated with many provocative statements that conceived a storm of indignation among the public.

Nevertheless, he repeatedly ran for the presidency of the Russian Federation, remained at the hearing, for many people Zhirinovsky's speeches were no worse than watching the most popular reality shows.

But despite all his charisma and popularity, most of the sane population would never put their fate in the hands of such a person, so he could not reach the pinnacle of political power in the country.

Nevertheless, he was a wealthy and successful politician and had a lot of money and power in his hands. As a person who had long anticipated the onset of a nuclear war or something worse, various retreat options were prepared.

He ended up in the camp of a minority, that is, 10% of the human population who did not succumb to the virus, so he did not have the opportunity to use the general project of a bomb shelter, built with the joint efforts of like-minded people.

However, people of this caliber conceived had alternatives as a personal bomb shelter prepared for him and his relatives and friends who did not succumb to the virus and who were lucky enough to survive, like himself.

By the time the first nuclear strike by the United States was delivered, Zhirinovsky was already in his personal bomb shelter, continuing to influence the country's policy giving commands exlcusively using non-verbal communication methods.

Since the beginning of all this frenzy, they quickly took action and limited any means of communication through video and audio. Since the mutants continued to consider themselves human, they for the most part continued to follow orders from their superiors.

Zhirinovsky drew the right conclusions quickly enough, thanks to which he cut off all unnecessary contacts with the outside world and did not show himself to anyone except trusted people.

Nuclear missiles fired from the Ohaio submarine were detected by the missile attack warning system of the Russian Federation at an early stage, naturally he also received this news.

- Vladimir, I am afraid that the mutants will soon realize the problem and will take measures to prevent receiving orders through non-verbal commands. Right now, we can still issue the command to launch a couple of nuclear missiles, but soon this opportunity will disappear. - reported the assistant.

- I understand. Then let's destroy Tbilisi(Georgia capital) first. - said Zhirinovsky.

- I'm sorry, what? - the assistant asked with misunderstanding.

- Are you deaf ?! I said give the order to bomb Tbilisi, what do you not understand? - Zhirinovsky asked with irritation.

- But what does Tbilisi have to do with it ... The Americans are attacking us ... - the assistant asked weakly.

- We'll deal with the Americans later, first we'll fuck Tbilisi. Do it now!

1