Chapter 16
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gradually, I began to come to my senses. My mouth was dry, so I automatically reached for the bag of provisions and drank a whole liter of water almost in one gulp.

I did not feel bad, there was no particular pain or discomfort. I was almost naked, so I carefully examined my body. Outwardly, I have not changed much, I have always kept in shape, so I had an athletic physique.

In combination with my fairly tall height of 1.8 meters, short black hair and pleasant facial features, I could be called the handsome man, which I remained.

Judging by the clock, a whole day had passed, I had a good sleep. For a while, I listened to the sounds outside. It was clearly quieter now, at least no sound of bombs. In fact, there were few sounds at all, even car alarms were heard only a couple somewhere in the distance.

The surface of the skin felt a little strange, so I felt like taking a shower, which I did. There was still water. True, it also contained some radiation. Fortunately, the watch politely informed me that my current body would not be affected by such doses.

I called my status and the information window appeared in front of me again, in the same form as before. It was not clear if only I can see them, or they are projected in full view of everyone, I will have to check this later.

The moment I saw my status, I was slightly surprised.

Russell

Human (Mutation)

23 years old.

Strength 12

Agility 12

Constitution 12

Intellect 8

The drug injection has been completed successfully.

Due to the influence of an unknown virus, an atypical reaction occurred, the parameters of the body increased above the expected norm.

At the moment, no side effects have been found.

I didn't really like the "Mutation" note next to a person. But the concept of mutation is extensible and has various manifestations. So far, there were no outward signs on my body, so I soon threw it out of my head.

At first, I did not attach much importance to the parameters at all. Just consider it as a joke. However, now I already took this watch seriously and believed that it was not just numbers.

Using my own body weight as an exercise machine, I quickly realized that the effect was really significant. It seemed to me that I had become much lighter, the blows were biting and looked dangerous, I myself would not want to get such a hit in the face.

Overall, I felt great. Although I was not sure if I was strong enough compared to the real mutants.

The only drawback was the increased metabolism, in this regard I really resembled mutants ... But I immediately dismissed the thought and began to diligently fill my stomach.

Considering that I hadn't eaten for 24 hours, I had to gobble up essentially all my modest food supplies.

Finally I got out of the bathroom and looked around my room. Apparently I had no guests. Everything was almost the same as before. There were dark balls in the apartment that broke my window, I raised one of them and used identify.

Fulgurite - The soil is subjected to convective heat treatment: it evaporates, melts, and small black balls of sintered slag are subsequently formed from its particles in a multitude. Radioactive.

I threw out the muck and went to pick up the rest of the food and water. On the way, I frightened off the bird, which began to fly around the apartment, fortunately, it did not make unnecessary noise, in addition to its flight. It was a fairly common brown-colored house sparrow.

Apparently bird managed to somehow fly in through the window, but it clearly did not know how to fly out. It was worth trying identification on it, but for this it had to be caught first. The sparrow was obviously very fearful and stayed away from me. I had to make a sharp dash in his direction when he landed in my reach, after which I grabbed him in my hand.

I admired my own knack. Unfortunately, the sparrow began to make a fuss, although it was pointless to blame him for this under the circumstances. I verified it by identification.

Sparrow.

Doesn't pose a threat.

Healthy.

The effect of an unknown virus on the body. Analyzing ...

The analysis failed.

At the moment, the virus is harmless to the host.

The effect of the virus on the body in the future is unknown.

The same old song. I immediately released the sparrow and it began to fly around again, but quickly calmed down and we both fell silent, listening outside. I heard nothing suspicious, so I continued to prepare to leave the apartment. There was nothing else to do here.

I even left some food and water for the sparrow in an accessible place as compensation for moral damages.

Moving the curtains slightly, I began to look around my street. There was enough moonlight to see the surroundings. Although there was more garbage on the streets, this was not the most prosperous area from the beginning, so the difference was not so striking. But the remnants of bloody clothing, which at times caught my eye, caused concern.

The first thing I needed to do was find a weapon. In America, this good was in bulk, so I was sure that I would not have to look for a long time. Although I didn’t have a personal weapon, I had already used it several times, visited the shooting range. In general, I knew the basics.

There was nowhere to rush, so I carefully looked out the windows and scanned the street in search of something alive.

Soon I noticed several mutants, moreover, armed, I immediately hid and patiently waited for them to leave. When they passed by, I began to check around again.

Finally, a lone mutant passed by, holding a pistol in his hands, and a sword on his back on his belt. The combination of a mutant with a weapon looked extremely strange and never ceased to amaze me. He moved slowly and looked around, when he passed my window, I deliberately tried to get his attention and said in a low voice.

- Hey.

The mutant immediately looked in my direction, simultaneously directing the weapon at me, however, as it was shown on the Internet, when he saw me, he immediately forgot about the pistol, growled and rushed to the entrance to the building.

It was an interesting moment, he did not even try to jump into my second floor window like a stupid zombie, but rushed to the entrance to the house, it seemed he could still partially realize his actions in a berserk state.

But now I was a little nervous, because he immediately lost sight of me, I had no idea how he will act after losing eye contact with me. I was not considering such possibility before.

1