Chapter 17
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The third day after the appearance of the PZDC-21 virus.

Yesterday Michael and Rosa finally managed to get food.

The police on the streets tried to control the situation, but this only led to negative consequences. Sometimes skirmishes even broke out.

Nevertheless, the military intervened, after which the situation more and less stabilized. Michael not only bought food, but also managed to get provisions from the military, who, among other things, distributed food to everyone but only if they provided an identity card.

He and Rosa made it home safely with a sack of food, ate, and soon fell asleep again.

However, they did not manage to sleep for a long time, in the middle of the night the first nuclear strike followed and the world changed.

Michael felt despair at the bright light in the middle of the night, but looking at Rose, he took control of his emotions. If he were alone, he probably would have succumbed to despair, but as long as his daughter is around, he must remain strong.

Unfortunately, he had no idea if there were any bomb shelters for such cases. All he had to do was hide with Rose in the bathroom, which had no windows and hope that they would be evacuated soon.

- Dad ... - Rose whined.

- It is fine baby, I'm near. Do not be afraid, everything will be fine with us. - Michael reassured her, gently hugging her.

But these hopes were soon dashed, the earthquake began again, then the shock wave overtook their house, knocking out windows and partially destroying their home. Even in the bathroom, the walls were crumbling and the plastic windows of the shower room cracked.

Fortunately, the structure of the house survived. However, the sleepless night continued, at times the house shook and the sounds of explosions were heard. There were clearly more than one nuclear strike. The only good thing was that there were no more explosions nearby, so they were able to survive the nuclear night.

After waiting from morning until noon, Michael was finally convinced that it was all over. They left the bathroom. The whole apartment was in disarray, there were cracks everywhere, and in some places the walls and ceiling had partially collapsed. There was no more electricity.

Looking out the window, he saw the remnants of radiation clouds. Many visible parts of the city were partially damaged. Dilapidated houses, lamp posts, shop windows and car windows. The picture was not the most pleasant one.

First of all, Michael went to the kitchen and tried to turn on the gas stove, by some miracle, the stove was still working. They collected water in advance, but there were few semi-finished products from the food. Most were in the form of rice and wheat cereals.

He began in a hurry to prepare food with a huge supply, who knows when the gas will go out? As a last resort, they could have eaten raw cereals, but since there is an opportunity to cook, Michael was not going to miss it.

Over and over again, cereals were cooked on all the burners, after which they were strained and collected in a bag. Of course, the cooked cereals spoiled quickly, so Michael limited himself to the amount of food they needed in the next few hours.

But this could not continue, it was necessary to find a safer place. But where is it safe now?

Michael tried to ask those few people who still stayed in their building for information about shelters, some people still sometimes left their homes with their belongings. But often it did not end with anything good, he was simply sent to hell most of the time.

It would seem that there were still people around, but Michael felt isolated and lonely as never before. Each thought first of all about himself, and there was no smell of any solidarity in times of crisis. He never received any help from the military and the government.

As night fell, he and Rosa locked themselves in the bathroom again. However, they were soon awakened by the sound of a shot.

Outsiders broke into the apartment and began to search everything around. They didn't even try too hard to hide their presence and talked to each other.

Michael grabbed the baseball bat and was on alert. He hoped they would just leave, but soon the bathroom door was open.

- Hey Karl! I found something here. - exclaimed the guest and began to grin.

- What do you want? - Michael asked, covering Rosa behind his back.

The guest did not try to be polite, pointing a machine gun at Michael, threatened - Give me the the food. - he himself turned his gaze to the bag of food.

- Yes, take the food, just leave us alone.

- Shut up! Take a bag of food and drop it here. - the man growled.

- Yes I will do as you say just do not shoot please. - Michael moved towards the bag, but he did not have time to approach it.

A burst from a machine gun flew into his back, a couple of bullets hit the body, one in the leg. He screamed and fell to the floor in terrible pain and the return of shots. Rose began to scream and cry.

- Ahaha, not a bad barrel. - the man was having fun.

- What the fuck, Rick? - came the second.

- Look what I found Karl - said the man, pointing in the direction of Rose and a bag of food.

They took not only a bag of food, but also a girl. True, she began to kick, so they had to punch her a couple of times as they should. Then they carried off the prey.

Michael could hardly even breathe, let alone speak, he could only listen to the screams of baby Rose, which tore his soul apart.

However, he soon managed to finally breathe out and even move. Gradually he began to try to get up and hobbled to the side of the window onto the street.

Human bodies were no longer the same as before, the bullet could not even pierce the bone in his leg, although it damaged it. The bleeding from wounds in the body gradually stopped.

- Roosaa ... - Michael snored as he walked.

When he reached the window, he looked out. These bastards are not out of sight yet. He watched carefully where they were headed. Unfortunately, Michael lived on the sixth floor, he had to come to terms with the fact that if he jumped out of here, he could no longer save Rose.

When they disappeared from sight, Michael took out a knife and began literally picking bullets out of his body, accompanying this process with screams of pain and agony. But he was not going to stop, there was no time for reflection and doubt.

Somehow after treating the wounds, he took his baseball bat and left the apartment. In a passerby he met a kid with long hair and an earring in his ear. The guy had a gun and he was clearly walking towards his apartment.

- Hey man, what happened? I heard shots and screams. - the guy asked.

- I got robbed ... - Michael said, approaching the guy, staggering as he walked.

- Oh ... Did you have a meal? - the guy asked, raising his eyebrows.

- Yes, if you want some just come to my apartment, there is still food in the bathroom, and I'm going to find these grief robbers. - Michael said, continuing to walk.

Finally Michael was already very close to the guy, he kept the bat in the middle in a relaxed form, but as soon as he got close enough, he quickly changed his grip and sharply hit the guy on the head with the bat.

0