Chapter 18
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally Michael was already very close to the guy, he kept the baseball bat in a relaxed form, but as soon as he got close enough, he quickly changed his grip and sharply hit the guy on the head with the bat.

Young man clearly did not expect this, from the blow he was led to the side and he lost his orientation in space, releasing the pistol from his hands.

Michael was not going to stop, because by his own example he knew that people became much stronger, he beat the guy in the head again and again, releasing all his rage.

For two days he walked among people, he saw only hatred, fear and anger around him. He will not ask anyone or anything now. He will take what he needs and save Rose, even if he has to drown everyone around in blood.

"Die! Die! Die!" He screamed mentally as he turned the guy's head into a chop. Finally he stopped when he realized that he was showing no signs of life.

Michael took his pistol, spare cartridges, and also removed his sword scabbard. He was sure that this guy would not voluntarily give him anything and he did not have time, he had to quickly find a weapon and set off in pursuit.

Armed, he left the building and started walking towards the place where he had last lost sight of the two bastards. He was moving towards one of the not most prosperous areas of Los Angeles.

Having reached the alleged street on which the robbers were lost, he began to slowly move forward, listening to the surroundings. Visibility was poor, but not all light sources in the city were gone, and it seemed to him that he now sees better at night than before.

Passing one of the buildings, he heard a familiar roar above him. Michael turned sharply, pointing the barrel at the alleged monster, only at the last moment he remembered that one should not look at the monsters, but it was already too late.

Seeing this creature, he immediately flew into a rage, but it was impossible to jump to the second floor window, he threw the pistol and rushed towards the entrance to the house.

However, when he was already opening the doors of the house, the cloudiness passed and he came to his senses again. Instead of continuing to run towards the monster, he stopped and thought about the situation.

These monsters were not particularly strong judging by eyewitness accounts and his own experience, but this does not mean that they are not dangerous, who knows what mutations could have occurred.

The fact that he could not control himself at the sight of the mutant made him pretty stressed, just like all other people. He did not have time to chase monsters now, it is more important to find Rose and quickly.

However, while he was pondering, he heard Rosa's screams. He heard them very faintly and distantly, but it was definitely Rose! Michael turned in the direction of the scream and was going to run there as fast as he could, but he was prevented.

He saw how the mutant landed on the ground and moved towards the pistol. Michael just had time to curse to himself, as hatred swallowed him up again and with a cry he rushed forward at the mutant.

However, the mutant managed to arm himself and shot in his direction, the bullet touched his left temple, it seemed to Michael that for a moment he even regained the ability to think from this shot, but a second shot followed and this time his eyes darkened.

Michael felt numbness in his head, he was suddenly terribly frightened, fear consumed his whole being. But not because of a head wound and darkness, he was only thinking about Rose, he cannot die, what will happen to baby Rose if he dies? He no longer saw anything, did not understand anything and did not even seem to feel anything, but with all his might he tried to express only one thing.

- ROOOOZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAA ................. - Michael croaked for the last time in his life, his mouth frozen in a silent scream.

_______

Meanwhile, two robbers, Karl and Rick, dragged the loot, including Rose, into their temporary hideout.

On the way, Rose would come to her senses from time to time, sobbing and calling daddy. Although she was no longer weak, she could not break out of the grasp of the two men. Instead, she received a lot of blows, in particular a dislocated leg.

- Why didn't we just kill her? - Karl asked.

- You idiot, you want to eat carrion? Products spoil quickly these days, and this little one can remain a fresh piece of meat for a long time. In addition, I wanted to test my theory, because people no longer have weak regeneration, so let's see what it can regenerate. - said Rick and laughed.

Karl only smiled approvingly.

They tied Rose and Rick began to cut off a piece of flesh from her leg. The sight of meat and blood did not upset them at all, on the contrary, their faces expressed delight, as if they had seen a delicacy.

Rose immediately woke up and began to scream in pain, tears rolled from her eyes.

- AAAAAAAAA! It hurts! Stop it, Please! Dad! Mum! It hurts .... - Rose screamed.

She twitched on the chair and the ropes, like the chair itself, barely held her back.

Rick tried to hold on to the leg he was cutting, but was hit by the other leg and went berserk. He started beating Rosa again until she lost consciousness again. So he finally finished what he started.

- So let's see how much time it takes for her to restore muscle tissue, and when she starts dying of hunger, we'll have a party. - concluded Rick and smiled again.

Then they heard shots. It was not that far from here.

- I have to tie this little thing better and shut her mouth, meanwhile you go check who was shooting. - Rick commanded.

- Got it. - said Karl and moved outside.

_______

Unfortunately now it was too late to think about how the mutant would behave after losing sight of me. When the mutant fled towards the entrance to the house, I immediately jumped out of the window towards the pistol he had left on the ground. It remained only to pray that gun was charged.

The jump from the second floor was dangerous, but not fatal. Given the ability of my current body, the risk was almost zero. I landed without any problems with a roll and, without stopping, jerked towards the pistol, along the way again hearing the mutant's roar.

The pistol was removed from the safety beforehand, so all I had to do was direct it to the mutant, who was already running in my direction and shoot. I was not a bad shooter, and with a weapon in hand, my nervousness subsided slightly.

The first shot hit near the creature's temple, but to my amazement, the bullet did not pierce the skull. Chipped off a piece, it ricocheted. This surprised me a little, fortunately the shot shook the mutant a little and he slowed down. I took advantage of this and the second shot finally pierced his face, presumably I hit him right in the eye, after which the bullet pierced the brain.

The mutant fell on his back as if cut off and began to convulsively twitch on the ground, before his death he let out a terrible roar mixed with something human-like, something I had never heard before and I felt uncomfortable from this hysterical scream. but in the end the mutant finally stopped screaming.

0