Chapter 1: Dark ones
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Think of this story as a weeb (web) novel with anime characters and anime stuff. There is no other way than that to read it. 

Chapters currently cleaned up: 1,2,3,4,5,6. Total pages: 73

Story discontinued. 

Irrelevant quote by author: “Cold and empty husk, feeling empty like a pot, what is there to be? Nothing. All is empty. Embrace emptiness. Become content, become warm, filled with void, filled with love.”

Chapter 1: Dark ones

 

A 19 year old man, with run over spiky ball shaped hair, a spike ball beard, spiky teeth, green eyes and a very unenthusiastic look on his face is seen, shopping in a grocery store.

He puts items in his basket at maximum efficiency with no irregularities. 

He is the one. He is the focus. He is the main character, and his name is Ryan.

 

(It's time to pay.)

 

After paying for the food items he had accumulated he walked out of the coldness of the store into the bright warmth of the summer.

 

He then walked with quick steps and got to his home. A medium sized house, with a medium sized backyard as well as a small frontyard. The outside was like the inside, normal. Nothing was truly special about it but the tight alley between it and the neighbour’s house.

 

Ryan entered.

 

[Ryan: The groceries are here.]

 

A young lady at the age of 18 greeted Ryan. Her hair was long, smooth and black, while her eyes were green, and her teeth spiky. Her clothes are blue and her glasses rectangular.

Her name is Sophie.

 

[Sophie: I'll make vegetable soup today. Any sharp complaints?]

 

[Ryan: None. I’ll be in my room.]

 

[Sophie: I'll call you down later.]

 

No complicated emotions were present in their talking, just simple, straight-forward words.

 

Ryan started to read a book about different animals and their names. He displayed a small bit of interest in it.

 

After a while of reading he heard a call:

 

[Sophie: The food is ready!]

 

[Ryan: I heard.]

 

Ryan went down from his room on the upper floor. The stairs sounded with his firm steps.

 

Ryan then sat down at the kitchen table, quietly staring at the soup.

Beyond the entrance of the house was the kitchen, where normally a living room would reside. The staircase to Ryan's and Sophie’s room is to the left of the kitchen.

 

(The soup is warm, I should wait to eat it. Chunks of vegetables float around in this warm basin, but there also seems to be some flavor inducing spices in it by the smell. This will probably not taste very much, as the spices used are not particularly strong.)

 

Despite Ryan carefully analyzing and judging the soup, Sophie paid no mind, as this was normal. But she couldn't eat the soup either until it had cooled down. They were both very sensitive to hot food.

 

They sat at the table quietly, until Sophie said something with a big question mark.

 

[Sophie: What have you been doing today and what are your plans for this summer break?]

 

[Ryan: I have been reading, and it's about different animals. Their names, their features. The squirrel I have read the most about. Did you know they dig burrows and are omnivorous?]

 

[Sophie: I have no interest in such things, but I hardly knew they did that. I thought they only ate nuts, such a life.]

 

[Ryan: Things are more than they seem…]

 

(Indeed, there are multiple aspects to everything. Some hidden, some clear, like my non existent emotions. I feel only interest and fear. But I do not feel happiness, sorrow or anger. I am empty, yet something hidden inside me wants to chase after these things. I think it's my “heart’s” aspirations, and I have decided to chase them by any means.)

 

[Ryan: For the latter, I will go to the beach someday and swim.]

 

[Sophie: Why do you want to go to the beach all of a sudden?]

 

Sophie lifted her rectangular glasses slightly.

 

[Ryan: I think I will… Possibly feel something. There are many different sources that will bring different feelings to my skin and possibly my mind as well. Maybe it will bring something more. Maybe I will feel emotion.]

 

[Sophie: Don't get your hopes up, we have lived together for ten years, and I have never seen you smile once… But tell me when you go to the beach, I might go there with you.]

 

[Ryan: I understand. But something inside me tells me to keep going. So I will keep going. Maybe I will feel emotion someday.]

 

[Sophie: It will be interesting when that day comes, if it comes.]

 

[Ryan: I suppose so.]

 

Ryan cut off the discussion.

 

[Ryan: The food is cold, we can eat now.]

 

Sophie nodded and ate, just like Ryan… Quietly, like there was a conflict. But there was none to speak of.

 

[Sophie: How did it taste?]

 

[Ryan: Not much.]

 

[Sophie: Thought so.]

 

Despite the awkward small talk the tension didn't rise.

 

Later on, Ryan went out into the wilderness left of the place where he lives; Soltown. A bright and sunny town north west of Kvadra county.

 

Ryan peacefully walked along the paths in the forest. He wore a white T-shirt and black shorts. He didn't care much about style, so he only wanted it to be simple and useful.

 

While he wandered the trees rustled as a cold wind rolled in. 

 

[Ryan: Brr…]

 

(A bad omen perhaps? Or is it merely a delusion of mine...?)

 

(...I hear something. A laughing. Somebody is having fun. But why here? Peculiar. Now footsteps?)

 

A man running like his life was dependent on it was chased by a human shrouded in dark energies. It laughed as it ran wildly with it's mad glowing purple eyes.

 

[black humanoid: Kekekeke!] 

 

The dark human tried to headbutt the man it chased, but the man was too far away, even then the dark human kept chasing.

 

The laughing quieted down as they ran past.

 

They were gone now. The forest was calm once more.

 

[Ryan: Huh…?]

 

(So what I get from this is that dark thing chases and wants to hurt a man with its head while laughing. It's… Having fun? I cannot comprehend this. Seems like supernatural forces have appeared here. I have heard about something similar in a book I once read… Can't remember. I get a feeling that this is trouble, but i'm not fast enough to help that man.)

 

Ryan racked his brain trying to understand what just happened and what to do next. In the end he just chose to keep walking.

 

(That dark human interests me… But I suppose walking is all I can do, I got too little information to understand that thing, nor help that man. Hope nothing bad will happen to him. I suppose I will call it a black humanoid for now.)

 

Ryan simply accepted and walked his way. 

 

After his long walk he got home. But releasing the black humanoid from the clutches of his mind was not something that would happen anytime soon.

 

He entered his house.

 

The TV is on. It talked about how all workers at a hamburger restaurant called burger queen had seemingly disappeared in soltown. The manager said he didn't hear anything as he was taking a nap. Sophie is watching it.

 

(Hope that doesn't have anything to do with that black humanoid I saw. I smell trouble.)

 

[Ryan: Sophie…]

 

[Sophie: What?]

 

[Ryan: I saw something unexplainable today when I walked. It was a dark human shrouded in dark energies. It chased a man. If you see one, keep away from it.]

 

(From what i've seen they are not very friendly. Better to make sure she doesn't get in trouble… If she ever meets it or any other ones, if there are any.)

 

[Sophie: …Okay?]

 

Sophie showed confusion.

 

(She thinks of it as nonsense, but the point was made. I have done all I needed to do.)

 

[Ryan: That was all.]

 

Ryan now proceeded to search up about black humanoids on the internet on his old laptop.

 

(I see. So there are a couple of people that have met one of them in this town. But information is very limited. One said that he beat it and it turned into smoke that flew away somewhere. He seems to be proud of himself and he is quite buff... The other person that met one escaped. I see, so there are more than one of them. Interesting. I get a feeling that more will appear. Might be my imagination though.)

 

Ryan closed his laptop. 

 

(I wonder what happens to those that get caught by them… Do they get eaten, chained up, or a friendly massage? What could they possibly want… But one thing is for sure, you can defeat them.)

 

Ryan went on with his day. His mind is more alert than ever. 

 

Soon enough it was getting late.

 

Ryan went to bed. He closed his eyes as the soft bed enveloped his body.

 

He gently fell asleep...

 

Ryan groaned as he awoke.

 

(I feel unusually tired. What time might it be?)

 

His digital clock said; 02:00.

 

A laughter was heard outside his window. 

 

(Very peculiar. At this time as well? It should quiet down if I tell it to do so… Hopefully.)

 

Ryan did infact just refer to a human as “it”. He doesn't value mad men standing outside his window laughing at 02:00 at night very highly.

 

(I hope I can talk it out of whatever it's doing.)

 

A sound of a big plastic object heavily impacting the ground was heard. 

 

That sound signaled to him that whatever or whoever is outside, it's thirsting for some wanton destruction. Ryan quickly put some clothes on, walked out of his room and down the stairs, put shoes on and got out into the night. 

 

(I'm not fully awake. But I will try to talk it out of it.)

 

Ryan sees a dark shadow in the alley to the left of his house.

 

(I feel fear. This feels dangerous.)

 

[Ryan: You there, what are you doing? You should not be here. The neighbours sleep is going to get disrupted. Get out of here.]

 

(I see a faint light beyond the shadow… How will it respond?)

 

Out stepped a black humanoid, illuminated by the street lights. 

As Ryan focused, he saw his house’s trash cans tipped over.

 

(What a mess.)

 

Ryan looked back to the dark figure.

 

(So that is another one of those black humanoids. Fascinating. Can it understand speech? Will it respond? Hope it's not with violence.)

 

[black humanoid: Mofofofo! Thrash trash, thrash trash thrash! THRASH TRASH! Trashtrash!]

 

The black humanoid took charge and ran towards Ryan, intent on punching him.

 

[Ryan: Woah!]

 

Ryan dodged in the thin alleyway. 

 

(It's pissed! Very problematic. I've got no other choice, physical violence should stop it's rampage.)

 

The dark human was now in a tight spot, a perfect moment to punch it, so Ryan took it.

 

[black humanoid: Mofo!]

 

Black goo spewed out of its mouth as Ryan hit it's stomach, but the black humanoid endured.

 

(What's even up with this thing?)

 

The dark human threw a couple of punches to his face.

 

Bash! Bash!

 

Ryan felt the impact, yet it didn't hurt much.

 

(Huh, he's quite harmless. No wonder that buff man could beat one up.)

 

Ryan pushed the dark human to the ground…

 

(I don't like what i'm going to do. But it isn't human, it's a monster.)

 

...And proceeded to beat the absolute crap out of it.

 

The monster was stunned by the powerful impacts, unable to fight back.

Ryan sweated and gasped as he beat it up.

The monster didn't seem to take much damage in the beginning, but now the impacts hurt it greatly, which resulted in the monster turning into grey smoke that for some reason then flew away somewhere into the night. After a moment he could no longer see it.

 

[Ryan: Phew.]

 

(I won't be able to sleep well after this workout… The dark human just dissipated into smoke, now it's like this never even happened…)

 

Ryan looked at the light beyond the corner.

 

(It feels like something interesting is around that corner. I don't remember there being a lamp installed over there in the backyard.)

 

Ryan checked around the corner and saw an orb floating over his backyard. 

 

(This is just getting weirder and weirder. A white, floating, glowing orb.)

 

Ryan kept on thinking and thinking.

 

(The black humanoids are undoubtedly supernatural beings as the normal laws of physics probably cannot apply to it. It's probably a magical being in some way. The wizards in this world probably know more about them. I have to wonder if they could kill one with their magic, though magic is not a particularly strong thing...)

 

(...Now, for that orb… It's the opposite of the dark human I just fought. White, glowing, passive and… Holy I think. Yes, holy is the right word.)

 

Ryan felt something within his heart. 

 

(It's calling to me. My heart tells me to touch it. It feels like the orb will bring positivity and new opportunities. Maybe it will lead me to a future… Where I might get back my emotions. I have nothing to lose, I will interact with it, just as my heart wants.)

 

Ryan touched the glowing orb and was engulfed in white light.

0