Chapter 3: French fries
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: French fries

 

A new day arose and Ryan switched back to his magical girl form for a while until...

 

(I need to go to the bathroom. Doesn't matter though, i'll just become my normal self instead.)

 

[Ryan: Magical girl undo!]

 

Poof

 

Ryan stretched his arms and yawned.

 

(I'll take a look at the news. Maybe there is something of note happening, especially with these insane black humanoids running around trying to hurt me recently.) 

 

Ryan sat down in the soft couch and turned on the TV in the kitchen. 

 

The reporter spoke: “There is a serial rapist on the run. So far three women have fell victim to him in hilltown. The police are trying to get him, but so far have not succeeded. The serial rapist is only active at night, so it is advised that women stay in their homes once it gets dark here in kvadra county. Now for other news, the burger queen restaurant workers in soltown remain missing. We will report on when they are found”

 

(A serial rapist? I'll tell Sophie. I should try to stay out of the dark when i'm transformed as well… Huh?)

 

Reporter: “A few sources have claimed sightings of strange black men and women with purple eyes all over kvadra county. While we do not know if it is rumors or some kind of prank, we advise you to stay cautious if they are infact real.”

 

(Seems like they have finally reported on the issue. Hope the government can do something about it. But i'll keep beating the black humanoids up anyway if I see any… But I did hear something interesting. So they have appeared all over kvadra county. Seems like it's quite the wide problem by now.)

 

Ryan looked around. 

 

(Sophie isn't home? She must be out somewhere. But I have decided. I'll take a look at that magical aspect of my form I think I have. The angelic voice didn't lie when it said that I would transform into a girl. I'll spend the rest of the day outside. Got nothing else to do. But first...) 

 

Ryan walked up to his room and picked up a bag from under his bed. 

 

(My secret stash.)

 

Ryan picked up sunscreen and sunglasses.

 

(I will need to protect my skin. If my magical girl form can get hurt by uv rays, I don't know. But just to be sure…)

 

[Ryan: Magical girl transform!]

 

He smeared sunscreen all over his body, and put on sunglasses, pulling them up over his hair.

 

(I look quite interesting with these glasses. Still… I really need to pee. I'm also a bit hungry…)

 

Ryan went to the bathroom, and got out when he was done. No, he didn't die from embarrassment or anything.

 

(That was… Really weird. This body is really weird, but it also fascinates me. I'll have to cook up something fast, I can't go out hungry.)

 

Ryan decided on some porridge and water to drink. After he was done he walked out into the sunny day and put his sunglasses on.

 

(Other than being a little stronger than normal, my magical girl form is just like a normal girl it seems. Don't need to eat very much as well with this form. Quite convenient.)

 

Ryan’s wild hair fluttered as he walked. 

 

Ryan got into a remote place in the forest. 

 

(If it's like the things these wizards on the TV sometimes talk about, you will need to focus your energy into a spot to release a normal magic attack from your palm. I hope this power’s got some punch to it, if I even have any. I hope it will be something more than a cigarette lighter.)

 

Ryan deeply focused and held out his hand. The peace of the forest brought him concentration.

 

(All my power… Into my hand… Create a projectile or something…)

 

A dark grey cone with swirling green energies appeared floating two centimeters before the palm of his right hand.

 

(It's coming. It's expanding. This is so interesting.)

 

Ryans eyes glowed with excitement and interest. And his mouth showed a very slight upwards curving of its sides.

 

The cone expanded until it was as broad as his palm and twice as long as broad.

 

Ryan moved around his hand.

 

(It's stuck there. Odd.)

 

Ryan hit a tree with the cone while it was stuck two centimetres over his palm. 

 

The cone dissipated into thin air, leaving nothing but some smoke and sparkles that also dissipated.

 

(How unimpressive. Maybe I can shoot it?)

 

Ryan charged up another cone after approximately ten seconds. 

 

(It feels like i'm starting to run dry. I can't do many more of these… Now, release.)

 

Swoosh!

 

The spike flew through the air quickly, but not fast enough that it would be impossible to dodge. It created a small dent when it hit a tree.

 

(How miserable. It's big, but it's size didn't amount to much, the reverse of my muscles. As expected. Maybe it will do more against a black humanoid… Still, that dent is so small. It's quite pathetic. I should just focus on something else that is more productive.)

 

Ryan walked into town, wandering around.

 

He found a park bench and sat down on it.

 

(Everything is silent. When Sophie isn't at home and when I am not at work, which I tried last summer, I feel isolated. Being with another person makes me feel… Better or something. I cannot properly understand these things, maybe i'll understand it if I meet someone else. For now i'll just go to the library. I might find something interesting there that might dissipate my isolation.)

 

Ryan went to the town library, he looked after books about the black humanoids he had met before. But couldn't find anything. After this hopeless attempt he read a book about magic instead.

 

The book showed that there were legends about beings called angels and demons which had great magical powers. 

The book also displayed that to get greater amounts of magic and power, you have to control and use magic, allowing your soul to grow. To unlock new powers, experimentation and imagination is key.

 

(So this is how it works… But now when I think about it, the floating white orb I absorbed must have been from the angels or something else. The powers were given to me right around the time these black humanoids started appearing. Am I supposed to combat them with these powers? Well, i'll do it anyway either way if I see one.)

 

Ryan walked out of the library into the sunny day. 

 

Ryan looked around in town. As always the town emitted a peaceful atmosphere, with it's relatively small population. Trees were neatly placed along the roads. The buildings were only up to three levels high at most and looked to have been built a few decades back. 

 

Ryans eyes were as emotionless and relaxed as ever. There was nothing to stress over. The surroundings are calm, and so is he.

 

(I'm hot and sweaty. I remember there being a stand somewhere in town that serves cold drinks in the summer. I should go there, see if there is anything to purchase later on in the summer. I will need a refresher if i'm going to spend alot of time outside in the summer again.)

 

Ryan walked to another one of the parks in town where he remembers there being a drink stand.

 

[??? 0: Freaky frozen fries! Get get get! Try for free, frying pans!]

 

[??? 1: Whoha! What's up with this dude! He's all black and got glowy eyes!]

 

[??? 2: Dunno, but dat nigga wanna git yo sum fries, man! I dare ya!]

 

[??? 1: Then I'll eat them all! I'm no coward!]

 

[??? 3: I've got a bad feeling about this...]

 

[??? 1: Says you, glasses! You can't stop me!] 

 

Ryan walked over to where he heard the talking and hid in a bush.

 

Three presumably high schoolers stand at the drink stand, conversing. 

The person sitting at the stand is a black humanoid with a burger queen hat, serving french fries for free.

 

(Isn't that one of the missing workers?)

 

[high schooler 1: Give me some fries!]

 

The black humanoid smiled mischievously as it lent a small bag with french fries in it. Dark energies emanated from the fries.

 

[high schooler 1: They look weird…] 

 

The high schooler quickly devoured the fries.

 

[high schooler 1: They taste like darkness!]

 

The high schooler sounded extremely evil.

 

[high schooler 2: Man, sumthin wrong with ya?]

 

[high schooler 1: I feel strange… I will eat your souls!]

 

[high schooler 3: I knew something was wrong with this place!]

 

[high schooler 1: Raaagh!]

 

The high schooler 1 roared as his body turned into an evil black colour, as his eyes started glowing in an evil purple hue. Black smoke puffed out of his body, he had now become a black humanoid.

 

[high schooler black humanoid: Today is rampage day! Raaagh!]

 

[Stand black humanoid: Hehehehe! I'll join the fry!]

 

[high schooler 2: Dam, sumbuddy, help!]

 

The now two humanoids violently lashed out towards high schooler 2. The high schooler fought back, blows were traded unfairly in the black humanoids favour. 

 

The spots where high schooler 2 got hit were black with dark energies. 

 

High schooler 3 was fleeing.

 

[high schooler 2: Git back here, oy! Can't fight em alone!]

 

(So black humanoids turn people into other black humanoids. How problematic, but the spots where high schooler 2 has been hit by the stand black humanoid isn't darkening or getting damaged. It's like a pillow fight. I can't stand by, my magical attack is charged. I will release it on one of the black humanoids and help the high schooler. Can't let them spread any more misery than they already have.)

 

Swoosh!

 

The magical attack flew from Ryan palm, straight into the head of the high schooler black humanoid. The impact was violent and the black humanoid’s head exploded in a spectacularly brutal mess, raining dark brain matter and dark blood all over the surroundings.

 

[high schooler 2: Hiiiiiih!]

 

The high schooler squealed like a pig in fear.

 

Ryan joined the fray, jumping out of the bush where he had spied from.

 

[Ryan: We must beat the black humanoid. I will help you!]

 

High schooler 2 sweated intensely, he was shocked by these events. The play had turned serious.

 

[high schooler 2: What da hell is happenin!? Carl is dead! Fuck dammit!]

 

Ryan threw punches at the black humanoid from behind while the only high schooler left punched from the front. The stand black humanoid was getting ganged up on.

 

[black humanoid: I'm getting french fried by frying pans! Aaah!]

 

The black humanoid was defeated by the flurry of punches, and was put down to the ground. It was clearly unconscious.

 

(I should calm the guy. I suppose Carl is the black humanoid that had it's head blown apart by me.)

 

[Ryan: We cannot know if Carl is dead. These black humanoids and the smoke they turn into are still a mystery.]

 

[high schooler 2: Hope yo aa right, missy. It's a dam bloodbath…] 

 

[Ryan: Carl will turn into smoke any second now. If you manage to follow the smoke you will probably know what is happening.]

 

[high schooler 2: Wut?]

 

In a flash the Mutilated corpse and it's chunks of Carl the now black humanoid turned into a small cloud of grey smoke that collected itself over Carl. 

 

[high schooler 2: Wat da fuck is happenin, I should follow dat? Oh man. Thanks by da way.]

 

(He doesn't seem to realise it's me that blew Carl's head apart. Now to finish off the stand black humanoid…)

 

The black humanoid woke up, angrier than before, but the moment it did that a big cone shattered it's head brutally, splitting it's head into several chunks of meat painting the surroundings black with gore. 

 

Later on it turned into grey smoke. It started flying forward, and Ryan followed.

 

(I really, really hope they aren't dead. I could never forgive myself if they are dead…)

 

Ryan followed the smoke. He ran for the most part, as the smoke wasn't being particularly patient for it's follower. 

 

After running through a lot of sidewalks and a bridge, the smoke stopped at the front of an orphanage. 

 

The orphanage was quite big, with trees surrounding it. A couple of kids stared at Ryan from the windows.

 

Ryan stood on his fours on the ground while he sweated and was gasping for air. The running took its toll. 

 

(Ugh, I don't feel too good. This is not the best of days…)

 

Ryan squinted with his eyes at the smoke.

 

(Now what will happen?)

 

Poof!

 

The smoke turned into a human. It is a thin man, clearly from burger queen with his unique hat.

 

(So the workers probably got turned into black humanoids. Interesting. But what really matters is that he is alive. Phew, nearly gave me a heart attack. And now his head is in one piece as well. That's good, but weird.)

 

Ryan stood up, brushing off dirt from his hands and knees.

 

[Thin worker: Ugh. What happened? I was at my workplace just a second ago… No! What happened to my coworkers!? They turned into monsters!]

 

The thin worker stood up, flabbergasted. 

 

(That confirms my theory. But I want information about what happened.)

 

[Ryan: Calm down, we need to talk.]

 

[Thin worker: Who are you!?]

 

[Ryan: Just a ma... Girl that wants to know how you ended up a black humanoid.]

 

[Thin worker: Do you have any idea what happened!? And what is a black humanoid!? You mean those crazy dark people with glowing eyes!?]

 

[Ryan: Correct, but I do not know what happened to you. Only that you had turned into a black humanoid that I killed before.]

 

[Thin worker: Ahahaha! I don't get it! I suppose I can't do anything, never been able to, so i'll just answer whatever you want.]

 

(This guy seems to be both angry at himself and in shock, I think. Problematic. But I need information about the enemy, and he does seem to know about the black humanoids. I suppose I should question him now.)

 

[Ryan: So, what happened before you got here?]

 

[Thin worker: Curious you are. Well, it wasn't daytime like now…]

1