Chapter 6: Calm Cody
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Calm Cody

 

Ryan stretched his arms.

 

(That was really scary… Hmm, the sun is almost down. I should get home. Don't want Sophie to get miserable with worry.)

 

Ryan wandered back home.

 

(Still, I really did it. I won once more. It brings me peace to know that such a monster is gone from this world. I have also learned that the black humanoids are called Lakra. I will call them that from now on.)

 

Ryan looked at his right hand.

 

(Can't go carrying around this spikebat. I will probably be able to disintegrate it.)

 

Poof

 

The bat went up in smoke.

 

(That is good. Maybe I can disintegrate that trap at the restaurant tomorrow. Right, I should put traps at that tunnel entrance if the Lakra really do go through that place… When I have magic power, as I'm completely empty right now.)

 

Ryan got home. He was tired and part of his body was still covered in dark energies.

 

He entered the house.

 

[Sophie: Ryaaan~!]

 

Sophie ran up to Ryan and hugged him.

 

(Huh?)

 

[Sophie: I was so scared you wouldn't come back~!]

 

Sophie was breathing heavily and smiling as she immersed herself in Ryan’s luscious wild hair. However, luckily Ryan is a bit smaller than sofie in his current form. If it was Sophie who was the small one, she would have gone for something entirely different.

 

(I do think that is partly an excuse to hug me.)

 

[Ryan: I would have come back either way, but if I were to get defeated, I would probably return to this place, but I would be blackened and violent. If you beat me up, I would turn human again.]

 

[Sophie: Atleast you wouldn't die. You dying would make me so sad~]

 

Ryan felt another scent blending into Sophie's lightly perfumed scent.

 

[Ryan: What is that smell?]

 

[Sophie: That's porridge. I made some for us.]

 

[Ryan: Thanks. I'm starved.]

 

Ryan was stopped from getting to the kitchen table.

 

Sophie’s glasses shone as she looked at Ryan’s chest suspiciously and started touching it. 

 

[Sophie: What is this? Almost your entire body and clothes are black.]

 

[Ryan: I think it's caused by the black humanoids, which I now call Lakra, when they hurt you. It will probably disappear soon, as its area has been constantly shrinking.]

 

[sophie: That's good. If I were to see you torn up, my heart would break.]

 

Sophie held her chest dramatically like she had a heart attack.

 

After this she went to the table and ate the porridge with Ryan, then they went to bed and got to sleep.

 

After a good night's rest, a new day with plenty of new opportunities was upon him.

 

[Ryan: Yaaaawn…]

 

(I'm sticky with mosquito repellant. I need to take a shower.)

 

Ryan went to the shower and washed himself with cold water. The cold water woke his body up and made him feel refreshed.

 

(I should probably use a hair conditioner with how thick and long my hair is.)

 

Ryan rubbed conditioner into his hair. After he had washed and dried it off, he put on his clothes and ate breakfast. When this was done he booked a time to get a haircut, then went outside with both sunglasses and sunscreen on.

 

(Hmm, if I can get more stamina and strength, I could become stronger. I should go and buy some weights. But first I should test a couple of new abilities I have thought up, then place some traps at the tunnel entrance and take a look at the trap at the restaurant. Bunch of stuff. Maybe I'll also take a look if there are any unfortunate lakra around.)

 

Ryan made his choice, picked up his wallet and went on his way into the forest.

 

Once he got into his favorite spot, he focused.

 

The calm ambient sounds of the forest brung him deep concentration.

 

(The first one is a revision of the drone I thought up. I think it was too complicated and far fetched, so a stationary one should work if i'm lucky.)

 

Ryan took a stance.

 

(Stationary… Shooting... Small structure… Automatically shoots at lakra… Multiple small projectiles… Create!)

 

Woawoawoaw

 

Energy flowed from Ryan’s hand onto the ground several meters in front of him. 

 

Poof

 

A turret ⅔ of Ryan’s size appeared. Two magazines were attached to its gun. It slowly spun around, looking for its soon to be victims, which were none. For now atleast.

SHQQrLA.jpg

(That cost alot of magic. Much more than the spikebat did. In a battle I could probably use this only once, but I'm not sure I could even create a spikebat with it. Now for the other ability…)

 

Ryan focused greatly, trying to conjure another object.

 

He held out his hand.

 

(A barrier… Spiked… As tall as my girl form… Create!)

 

Poof

 

(There goes the rest of my magic power.)

dIZ1sIm.jpg

Ryan slowly inspected the barrier.

 

(If I were to say, the barrier cost 10 magic, while the turret cost me 40. Curious, complexity costs more than size. Now for the barrier, it looks quite sturdy, i'm also sure that the spikes on it could cause some serious damage if something were to get shoved into it.)

 

Ryan looked over his new spells with satisfaction. Spike turret and spike barrier. Ryan then tried to push the barrier down to test its stability, but it endured effortlessly.

 

(Now when I think about it, I never laid down before while trying to transform, other than that time it didn't work. I should test that out again. Can still not explain for sure why I couldn't use it when I saw sophie in the bathroom naked. Must have been the shock I suppose.)

 

Ryan laid down on the ground, the roots from the trees made it very uncomfortable for him.

 

[Ryan: Magical girl undo!]

 

Nothing happened.

 

Ryan sat on his legs.

 

[Ryan: Magical girl undo!]

 

Absolutely nothing happened.

 

(So it doesn't work after all… I was right. How about sitting on a rock?)

 

Ryan sat on a rock.

 

[Ryan: Magical girl undo!]

 

Just like before, nothing happened.

 

(Tilting on a tree then?)

 

Ryan tilted himself lazily on a tree.

 

[Ryan: Magical girl undo!]

 

For the fourth god damned time, nothing happened.

 

(Now for standing up…) 

 

Ryan stood up.

 

[Ryan: Magical girl undo!]

 

Poof

 

Ryan transformed back into his male form.

 

(So I must stand up if I want to transform. That's problematic. But this is good to know. So if I've lost in a fight, I can just transform and then try to run away. But i'm sure the enemy would not let me off that easily.)

 

Ryan disintegrated the turret and the wall, then walked back into town.

 

(Now I should get the weights, I will need to scout out a store to buy them from. )

 

Ryan scouted the town for any shops that could have weights in them. It took a while, then he found one.

 

It was an old shop that sells training goods, like jumping ropes and such.

 

Ryan picked up a briefcase with weights in it.

 

It was very heavy, but he lifted it up on the counter.

 

The purchase was successful, but the trader gave a weird look to Ryan.

 

(It will be slow and hard to get home with how heavy this is, but I would’ve had to deal with this anyway once I'd purchased them in the future.)

 

Time went on and Ryan groaned and sweated in the sunlight as he walked home with the heavy briefcase. 

 

(I wish for autumn to appear soon. This heat is problematic.)

 

When Ryan had come into the house he went up with heavy steps into his room and put the briefcase on the bed, carefully inspecting the weights in it. He thereafter took off his shoes, rested for a while and drank some water. 

 

(I will need to wait a couple of hours more until I can place a great amount of traps at the tunnel entrance. I should take a look at the news.)

 

Ryan sat his sweaty self with tired arms into the couch. Its softness embraced his body, which warmed him up and made him sweat even more. It was a somewhat miserable sight.

 

The female reporter on the TV screen spoke with clear, energetic and serious words. “The crisis of the dark people with glowing eyes seems to not be as big of a threat as we previously thought. This is all because we have received news of so called heroes with special powers, capable of fending off the new threat to kvadra county. They are said to be as strong or stronger than wizards- We are lucky enough to have an interview with one of these heroes. He resides in sandtown currently. To the interview.”

 

The TV switched to a buff man without a shirt. His muscles were impressive, his hair smooth and yellow all the way down to his shoulders. He had stubble for a moustache and beard. He smiled proudly, showing his muscles.

 

“[Male reporter: Will you defend us from the threat of the people with glowing eyes, and how will you combat them?]

 

[Muscle hero: It is of no worry! With the muscles and powers I will impr-- protect everyone! May I show you my magical, beautiful powers?]

 

[Male reporter: You may do so as long as no harm is done.]

 

[Muscle hero: Of course! I'm a hero, you can trust in me! Behooold~~~!]

 

The muscly man flexed in a beatiful, mighty pose. Yellow energy circulated around on his body, then expanded outwards into a barrier in the air. The angelic powers and muscles flabbergasted the Reporter.

 

[Muscle hero: Impressed? I gained these muscles through pure effort and these powers from a white glowing ball I found one day! My powers also pack a punch!]

 

The muscly man smiled proudly as he changed the shape of the floating yellow barrier he had created into a big floating fist. Then his magic retreated back into his body and disappeared.  

 

[Muscle hero: There is nothing for me here to use my powers on, but the fist will normally shoot outwards, bringing the beat-down on any bad guys in the way! Now, if you dark ones want to mess with the people of kvadra county, you’ll have to deal with me! Now don't get too excited, my powers and muscles are up for the challenge!]

 

(So there are other heroes? I felt there would be more than only me. It interests me how different his powers seem to be compared to mine.)

 

[Male reporter: There we have it!]

 

The reporter wiped off his sweat.

 

[Male reporter: Do you know if there are other heroes residing in kvadra county other than the girl hero hinted at before?]

 

[Muscle hero: I have no idea! But if there are more heroes, you will probably find them where the dark ones reside, especially me with my angelic body!]

 

The muscly man stood proudly, pointing at his own muscles.

 

[Male reporter: That concludes it. Do you have anything left to say?]

 

[Muscle hero: I do! If you’ve got some muscle, you can beat any common dark one! If you don't, run for the hills!]

 

[Male reporter: That concludes the report! Back to the weather!]

 

The TV switches to the weather report.

 

(Fascinating. If I find an even tougher enemy than that big lakra, I should try to hook up with him.)

 

[Female reporter: The upcoming week will be both cloudy and rainy. But the wind will remain tame and calm. On monday it will be cloudy and the outdoor temperature will sink from 31 celsius to 25 celsius. On tuesday it will however be very rainy, so drive carefully and don't leave your laundry outside!]

 

The reporter kept talking about the week. Only rain and clouds were up ahead.

 

(Very fortunate. Even though I can't feel any other emotions than fear and interest, sweating alot still brings me discomfort. It brings me peace to know that this problem will be solved for atleast a week.)

 

Ryan quickly looked over the clock beside the TV.

 

(I should make some food. Pancakes it is then.)

 

Some time passed and he was finally done with the pancakes. 

 

He soon told Sophie that the food was done, but she wasn't home. 

 

(I wonder where she is…)

 

As he found out she wasn't home, he quickly ate a few pancakes and put the rest in the fridge. 


His stomach was satisfied, giving him the energy to read about different exercises using weights. After he was done, he created a training schedule. He is planning to increase his strength greatly from now on. 

 

After a time of lazing around he went back out once more.

 

(It will be interesting to see how my body will feel with this new schedule… Now for my current task, i'm sure I have enough magical power for it.)

 

Ryan wandered to the tunnel. On the way he heard a weird noise, it sounded like some sort of science fiction gun had just shot.

 

Ryan looked around, at a couple of strangers walking past, then his eyes started sparkling.

 

(Interesting sound. I've never heard something like that before. I think it came from the left beside the woods…)

 

After looking around he found something very strange...

 

A lakra with its head blown apart.

 

(What could have caused this?)

 

Ryan then looked around beside the corpse… Then…!

 

[???: You should duck.]

 

Ryan ducked.

 

KABLAM!

 

Black meat and blood splattered over the surroundings and the back of Ryan's clothes was thoroughly stained by thick black warm liquid.

 

[Ryan: Huh!?]

 

Ryan turned around. Another new lakra with its head blown apart laid down on the ground, lifeless.

 

[???: Don't be scared. You would've been in trouble if I hadn't shot.]

 

Ryan turned around and caught sight of a man with black, smooth hair that went down a little underneath his shoulders. The hair covered his face as well, so his expression was hard to read, but he seemed to be annoyed.

His clothes are alabaster summer clothes with buttons. Like a safari explorer but more casual.

 

(A hero?)

 

Ryan took a moment to collect himself.

 

[Ryan: Are you a hero?]

 

[Hairy dude: Naaah, not sure about that, but I do have a gun to kill these hyper aggressive dark people things with… Don't worry, it's not a real gun, really.] 

 

The dude seems to have become less annoyed, and held out a big, grey sniper rifle with blue flowing patterns on it. 

 

The sniper rifle was sucked into the dude’s hand until it had completely disappeared. 

 

[Hairy dude: It's magic, not firearms. All I can hurt with it is those black things.]

 

A slight shine was seen in Ryan’s eyes.

 

(Very... Pleasant, is probably the right word. Me, a hairy dude and that muscly man. I am not alone in my quest to protect kvadra county from the lakra.)

 

[Ryan: A hero… I am one myself.]

 

The dude looked at Ryan confusedly.

 

Ryan created a spike shot, then disintegrated it.

 

[Hairy dude: What? A hero yourself?]

 

He was flabbergasted, and held onto his head for a few seconds.

 

[Hairy dude: That is… Cool beans! Then we can help each other fight if it ever gets tough… Oh, you're that girl that the stressed looking guy in the TV talked about before, right?]

 

(This dude is oddly calm. Interesting.)

 

[Ryan: Yes, it is. I dealt with the monster that attacked him yesterday.] 

 

The dude seems to be pleased. 

 

[Hairy dude: Cool, you did a huge favour. Couldn't have been easy dealing with something that messed up an entire restaurant like that.]

 

[Ryan: Indeed, it was a difficult fight.]

 

[Hairy dude: You are pretty cool, so let's shake hands. Name's Cody. A sniper.]

 

Cody held out his hand.

 

Ryan took a step forward and shook it.

 

[Ryan: My name is Ryan. I hunt Lakra.]

 

Cody gave a suspicious look.

 

(Ugh. It feels strange shaking a strangers hand.)

 

[Cody: Lakra..? Is that what they are called?]

 

[Ryan: Indeed. I learned of it when I battled the big lakra that corrupted the burger queen employees.]

 

[Cody: Our enemy... The Lakra… I'm not looking forward to running into a big one like you met earlier. We should hunt together, ease up the tension if something bad happens you know.]

 

Ryan nodded his head.

 

[Ryan: We can do that. But we will need a way to contact each other. But I do not have a phone on me, which is problematic.]

 

[Cody: I have a phone on me. I could go to your place and we could exchange numbers. You chill with that?]

 

Cody lightly rubbed his hair.

 

[Ryan: We can do that. Follow me.]

 

Ryan gestured for Cody to follow.

 

Cody listened and so Cody went To Ryan's place.

 

In the middle of the walk…

 

Cody interrupted.

 

[Cody: You wander quite a way from home don't you?]

 

Cody looked somewhat exhausted.

 

Ryan replied.

 

[Ryan: Long walks are… Stimulating. Allows me to think better. Come up with new ways to battle the lakra.]

 

[Cody: I like walks too. But not for too long. I like to walk slowly, take in some fresh air, and look at some birds. Much better than being home.]

 

(He dislikes being home?)

 

[Ryan: I find home to be equally preferable to walking, depending on the circumstances. How come you don't?]

 

Cody sighed depressedly. 

 

[Cody: Touchy subject… I might tell you another day…]

 

(I made him… Tired, sad, I think? I should give him some coffee when I get back home.)

 

A little while later…

 

[Cody: *Gasp gasp* Maaan, for being a small girl, you sure walk fast, and in this heat…]

 

Cody was sweaty all over.

 

[Ryan: We are there just around that corner. Just a little bit left.]

 

[Cody: Oh beans. This is not chill. But I'm not about to go cutting corners, if you know what I mean.]

 

 

[Ryan: We are here.]

 

Ryan stopped suddenly.

 

(Hope Sofie won't react in a problematic way to me bringing another person to the house.)

 

[Cody: Gooosh. Finally. That was stressf-

 

Cody lost his balance and stumbled into Ryans back with his head.

 

ull?]

 

Ryan fell forward.

 

[Ryan: Wha!?]

 

Cody fell as well, and his face slid down on Ryan’s body during the fall.

 

[Cody: Oof…]

 

(Ow. No. This... Isn't right.)

 

Ryan blushed. His expression was troubled and nervous.

 

[Ryan: D-don't touch that place!]

 

In a moment of bad luck Cody had face planted right onto Ryan's butt as they both laid on the ground.

 

Cody quickly rose up and mumbled to himself;

 

[Cody: Should have seen this coming…]

 

Ryan sat up. He had some dirt on his forehead.

 

[Cody: You okay?]

 

Ryan took a deep breath and collected himself.

 

[Ryan: Thanks to my hero form, I am mostly unscathed.]

 

Cody helped Ryan up and then sighed. He looked depressed through his curtain of hair.

 

[Cody: Weeell, things like this will probably happen alot more, just to warn you.]

 

[Ryan: Huh?]

 

Ryan tilted his head questioningly.

 

[Cody: I'm kind of cursed, and tend to trip into perverted scenarios, so don't get too close to me.]

 

Ryans eyes sparkled.

 

[Ryan: How did you get cursed? How come? Where?]

 

[Cody: Don't know. I have been like this my entire life. My father had it, and for some reason it transferred onto me when I was born. So he is curse free.]

 

Cody sighed deeply.

 

[Cody: This curse is one of the biggest stress factors in my life. I will find a cure someday. I must. Some might think of this curse as the best thing ever, but it is actually a nightmare. Tripping over people and being a people magnet because of the curse, it's not cool.]

 

Cody started shaking and gripped his face with his hands, looking panicked.

 

Ryan looked at Cody, trying to make sense of the sudden shift in expression.

 

[Cody: And the wooorst of it all is that it does not discriminate!]

 

Cody put his palms in front of him and looked at them with a panicked expression.

 

[Cody: Age and gender… It doesn't matter! It makes me molest everyone! Even my parents!]

 

Ryan tilted his head questioningly.

 

[Ryan: Are you okay?]

 

Cody returned to his ordinary pose and shook his head.

 

[Cody: It's alright. I just kinda lost my cool there. Sorry about that. Just be on your guard around me.]

 

[Ryan: Sure… I will get my phone. Do enter if you want to.]

 

(Peculiar. A curse. A cause of misery I guess by the looks of him, but it is hard for me to understand emotion. I don’t even feel them most of the time... I should help him if I can. If he breeds, would it not be passed down onto his children? I won't leave this alone. As always, misery spreads, and as such must be destroyed by its roots. The curse, I will help defeat if possible.)

 

[Cody: Uhh, you got some water?]

 

[Ryan: Indeed. Come in.]

 

Cody nodded.

 

They both took their shoes off and stepped inside.

 

Ryan tapped up some water in two glasses. He gave one to Cody.

 

[Cody: Thanks.]

 

Cody and Ryan had their drink. 

 

When cody was done…

 

He went for another glas, and another. And another.

 

[Cody: Phew!]

 

Ryan stared in horror as Cody's legs started to give in thanks to all the built up lactic acid.

 

But Cody just took a chair from the kitchen table and sat down instead of tripping someone up. Lucky~!

 

[Ryan: You seem exhausted. You can stay and rest. I will collect my phone… Just don't go upstairs.]

 

[Cody: Not like I can even move… But thanks.]

 

Cody put his head on the table, resting.

 

(I thought I was not well trained. I seem to be more powerful than I thought.)

 

Ryan went up to his room and collected the phone. 

 

Sofie then said from her room;

 

[Sofie: Ryan~ Now that you are home, can you fetch me an apple?]

 

[Ryan: Sure.]

 

Ryan went down.

 

[???: Zzzzzzz]

 

Ryan looked towards Cody. He slept soundly and his hair laid down over the table and his face like a land ridden squid.

 

(He just… Fell asleep. Huh. I should not make too much noise at this occasion.)

 

Ryan grabbed an apple, then went up to Sofie. 

 

[Ryan: I need to mention that I have created pancakes for you.]

 

[Sofie: Ohh! Kind of ya. Now get in here.]

 

Ryan stopped just before opening the door.

 

[Ryan: You won't cuddle me right?]

 

[Sofie: No no no. Nothing like that. Just step in here.]

 

(I am stepping into pandora's box once more. But she does not seem to be as beast-like today. I might get out unscathed.)

 

Ryan opened the door and stepped in with an apple in hand. ?

 

Sofie seemed to be quite happy. 

 

[Sofie: Thanks. I like apples.]

 

Ryan started to nervously sweat. 

 

[Sofie: Sorry that i'm kind of out of it, but…]

 

Sofie went up and hugged Ryan.

 

[Ryan: Eek!]

 

(She deceived me? This is not good.)

 

[Sofie: You are what matters most to me. Even though you kind of don't say much, and we don't tend to show much emotions to each other, I always felt content being with ya.]

 

Sofie gently rubbed Ryan on his back.

 

[Sofie: You are precious, so don't get turned into a Lakra. You are the only one I can show my true self to.]

 

(I feel content. I would normally be nervous. Peculiar. What is this? It feels nice, like a warm bath? Huh…)

 

[Ryan: Your presence is useful to my own self. I feel something ominous whenever I think of what would happen if you were not there for me I suppose… You can stop hugging me now. It's getting uncomfortable.]

 

Sofie stopped hugging Ryan and smiled with her fanged mouth.

 

She locked the door behind Ryan, then hid the key in her bra.

 

(Huh?)

 

[Sofie: I have something to show you Ryan~~~!] 

 

[Ryan: Don't show me anything indecent.]

 

Ryan shaked as he looked scared. Sofie righted her glasses.

 

[Sofie: Something better!]

 

Sofie opened her wardrobe and took out something. Three frilly dresses.

 

Ryan watched in confusion. Sweat dripped from his forehead.

 

(This might be bad!)

 

[Sofie: We are gonna play dress up! Not so sharp now are ya!]

 

Sofie threw herself over Ryan like a leopard, and sat upon Ryan, while he laid on the ground defenceless.

 

[Sofie: Off with your clothes!]

 

[Ryan: Aaah!]

 

Sofie threw off Ryan's clothes like a digging dog, and stuffed him into a frilly black dress. It looks like it's from the victorian era.

 

Sofie laughed creepily.

 

[Your hair colour, your size! You look perfect! Moe goth loli! Ahh~ It's like I am being pampered by god!]

 

Ryan blushed and had a dissatisfied expression. 

 

Sofie took out a camera and started taking pictures.

 

[Ryan: Can I go out now?]

 

[Sofie: Heh! Not until I am done with the dress up! You ain't going nowhere!]

 

Sofie stripped Ryans dress right off.

 

[Ryan: Stop undressing me!]

 

She then forced a reluctant Ryan into another dress. 

 

It was pink and frilly, like something a princess would wear.

 

[Sofie: Ahh~! You are like a goddess of love~! My heart can't take this! GOTTA CUDDLE! GOTTA CUDDLE! But first, pictures!]

 

[Ryan: Hmph!]

 

Ryan crossed his arms and looked to the side. Ignoring Sofie. 

 

Sofie took a bunch of pictures of Ryan shamelessly.

 

[Ryan: Done now?]

 

[Sofie: Heh! Not yet! I have one more dress for ya!]

 

[Ryan: Finally. Just this last one, dressing up makes me uncomfortable.]

 

Sofie lunged at Ryan and ripped off his dress in a matter of seconds, then put a yellow summer dress on him.

 

[Ryan: Oddly comfortable…]

 

[Sofie: Hehe!]

 

Sofie wiped off her drool while making a perverted face.

 

[Sofie: You’re making me 

 

FRIGGIN 

 

WET

 

GOD 

 

DAMMIT!]

 

Sofie struck a weird pose, then took more pictures.

 

Ryan stared at Sofie while crossing his arms and blushing. Ryan looked like he wanted to get out. Now.

 

[Sofie: Ahh~! Girl Ryan in a summer dress~! You are like the embodiment of the summer~! So warm~ So beautiful~ So attractive~! It's like you are blooming~!]

 

*Hah hah hah*

 

Sofie breathed heavily.

 

[Sofie: I can't hold back anymore! Gotta cuddle! GOTTA CUDDLE!]

 

Sofie threw herself at Ryan, but Ryan was not going to let himself get caught, and dodged in the last second.

 

Sofie flew into the door with a thud. 

 

[Sofie: Ow!]

 

Ryan was not going to let this opportunity pass, so she shoved his hand down Sofie’s bra, picked up the key, then quickly unlocked the door and went out.

 

[Ryan: Phew!]

 

(I should not have went in there. I should lock the door, but I will not. It’s wrong and what if I lost the key.)

l9RtJl7.jpg

Ryan sighed.

 

(Problematic. I can't get back my clothes like this. I'll just get my phone I suppose, and wake up Cody.)

 

Ryan went to his room, picked up the phone and then walked back to Cody.

 

Cody was in a deep sleep and mumbled something.

 

[Cody: A new harem… I will have. Heeeh. All of them. Stumble and get.]

 

Cody went back to snoring.

 

Ryan looked at Cody, dejected.

0