Beginning- Chapter 4
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AJAL POV

After a few hours, Ajal finally opened his eyes. The blow from the back of his head shook him well and his head began to ache. Although he had severe dizziness, the blood did not flow. On the contrary, he did not feel any breakdown in his body, more like muscle pain as if something had suddenly pulled him. His gaze fell on a pocket that had a clear gleam of blood. However, he thought the least about it because his attention was distracted by the place in which he was. It was a kind of ruined house of unknown material, but the smell from that house was intense burned coal. There was a loud engine operation in the background, but there was no one in sight. The air was hard to breathe and his headache was getting bigger and more severe. It took him a while to get back on his weak, injured legs from running.

Ayal: Just where the hell am I?

The more his eyes became accustomed to the congested darkness, the more he realized that he was in a completely distorted place; there was no smell of city, air, concrete, or even the disgusting stench of motor gas. The ground was slimy, decaying, difficult to move with his little feet, his field of vision stretched for only a few feet, and the smell was painfull for his throat, full of acid. He could only hear the fall of the stalactites around him, the sound of machines and the occasional moan. Even he was frightened to think that he might have returned to a madhouse or a worse place, and even lost his sense with reality. He always knew that half part of him was wrong, he was lost, he was broken, but he couldn't believe that his mind was that confused.

Sudden sound came behind his back. He turned abruptly to see  stinking monster that had attacked him in the night before.

Ayal: You ... what are you doing here?

The creature rose after a while and out of fear began to look for something. He looked around until he saw the living thing in front of him,

< How ... how did you get here..you ... took the stone didn't you?

Ajal did not understand at all what is going on, and this creature, unlike the first time they met, became much larger and seemingly stronger. He looked completely shocked by his behavior, perhaps even frightened, but he hid in his eyes the anger that was slowly rising. Ayal knew the situation was going in wrong side, but he himself no longer knew if the mind was playing with him or if he really ended up in such a place.

He glanced at the creature again. He noticed that he moved easier and faster, he was much stronger, he did not fall through the ground and he was not bothered by the smell or the semi-darkness. He came slowly towards him, spreading his slimy body so that Ajal would have less opportunity to move and escape.

< You took something that is not yours, it's time for you to give it back!

Ayal: Or what? What are you going to do? This stone seems to be immensely important to you huh?

The creature frowned. This stone was his only way to gather enough energy from the human world to finally rise hierarchically to a couple of levels. . It took him thousands of years to finally get that stone, and his first alleged victim was supposed to be this young man in front of him. In fact, of all the targets he wanted to choose, he came across a soul from which the original light shine like a lighthouse; human souls shine like stars, and are the essence for all beings in the depths of darkness to feed and continue to grow and develop. But that same soul caused him so many problems that now in this case it doesn't even matter whether it will suck his life energy or not. He needs to kill him. Thats the only way.

< It's your own fault, you went in where you shouldn't. This kind of thing shouldn't have been possible and now on a day like this ... there's no going back, come here.

He tried to grab him, but just like when the soap slipped out of his hands, so did Ayal slip out of his and run. His body didn't listen to him, and his head was still spinning, but there was no time. He ran down the stairs and through the ruined settlements as much as his feet carried him. The creature behind him was yelling loudly and expressing growing anger and fear, as if he was begging him not to go that route. Stalactites were falling all over the place and the more he entered the valley, the better he could see. Eventually, he saw that there was no sky, but like a dark red ceiling stretching out indefinitely. The fog was getting thinner, and suddenly he came to a terrace. In front of him was a large abyss from which shine an incredible light, and strong howls that frightened even the bravest man. But Ayal paid no attention to anything, in fact he seemed to enjoy his new world in which he found himself. He jumped from terrace to terrace as the monster tried to stop him without stopping. Suddenly Ayal came across some statue that had an engraved shape. It was some kind of machine that only worked if a certain key was put in. The shape was similar to that of stone and he placed the stone in the statue without any further thought. Suddenly the machine began to turn on and made loud noises, so loud that the souls living in the abyss peeked their heads out to see the confusion that had arisen. They were all so shocked the moment they saw a living child who was still trying to accomplish his goal without any fear, as if his eyes were not melting with fear, his skin was not peeling with terror, and his soul was not fleeing from a place like this. The alarm was activated. A carousel formed in front of Ayala, resembling an elevator. Strong howls came from all sides of the abyss, as if they were supporting him in his work. Finally when the creature reached him, he saw Ajal start the carousel with the most twisted expression. He didn't have a shred of opportunity, only to pull out the stone by force. The carousel descended deeper and deeper where the light was getting stronger, and its descent was supported by beings from the abyss. Ayal enjoyed the attention even though he sensed that what he was doing was definitely going to his disadvantage. Suddenly machine stopped and Ayal fell to hes feets. His gaze fell on the creature pulling out his stone, after destroying his whole body. Losing control over the carousel, Ajal falls into the abyss. He thought that the end is near until he suddenly fell on something soft. He broke all his limbs and screamed softly. Pain permeated his entire body, and he tried to raise his head until he heard thousands and thousands of moans from all sides. He tried to get up to see where he was, but as soon as he saw that creature from above, he knew he was in great danger. Suddenly he felt a sudden change in temperature, as if cold had entered his entire body and he was drenched in sweat. The sound of shoes with high heels was getting louder and louder. Eventually, he heard the deep voice of the person permeating his entire body. From that moment on, he encountered the worst evil that can live in this world.

< Well, well , well what do we have here ? A shooting star?

to be continued ...

1