Chapter 23: A treasure??
1.8k 1 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, everyone. How are you doing?

Here is another chapter. Enjoy it. 

Thank you for the constant support, it means very much to me. 

Thank you for reading. You are the best.

While Leo was quietly sleeping, all the beings and beasts that managed to feel the mana gathering he caused and were confident enough to go after whatever caused it were already on the move. They were ready to do anything to be the one getting their hands on whatever it was that made the mana of the forest go so wild. 

Such a group of people was currently discussing the course of action they should take to get their hands on the supposed treasure.

“So, what is the plan? How are we going to get our hands on the treasure?” A midget said excitedly as he looked at his companions.

“Guys, we aren’t even sure if it is a treasure that has appeared, there could be many reasons why the mana could react in such a way. What if the mana gathering was due to someone launching a spell, an item being activated, or something like that.” A masked and cautious looking man said as he tried to stop his teammates from making any rash decision. 

“Why are you being such a pussy again, Bel? Each time there is something interesting going on, you always become a scaredy-cat and start saying dumb things to stop us from getting involved. How are we going to get any good things if we never take any risk? “A middle-aged purple-haired woman said as she stared daggers at the masked man called Bel.

“Rin is right. Did you know many people or beasts able to directly gather mana and power up a spell with it? And while some could, why would they launch such a spell in this forest filled with savage beasts? Also, after the mana gathered it just disappeared as if it was absorbed by something, there was no sign of a spell being cast, we all saw it. Worst, we would just need to retreat if it is something we can't deal with.”  A bulky man with a scar on his forehead continued as he rested his back against the wall of the hunter's house they were gathered in.

“Yes, Ali is right too. While I understand your worry, I don't think a single person could cause such a disturbance. Also, the mana gathering was too short for anybody to successfully cast such a powerful spell. If it was an item, it has to be very powerful to create such a phenomenon and nothing tells us that it has an owner, so we can't just give up without checking out. The last possibility I could think of is that someone activated a powerful magic formation. And once again why would someone set such a formation here in the Amarach forest.” A woman with fiery hair, and dressed in a beautiful red dress said calmly, trying to analyze all the possible situations that could create such a mana storm. 

“Leila, I know that you are a mage and you understand much more about mana and magic than me. I am not trying to be a party pooper or something, but there is a possibility all of you are forgetting or ignoring." Bel said as he clenched his fist tightly. He knew that it wasn't good for his position in the team if he continued to oppose everyone like this, but he was a hunter and his instincts were screaming to him that whatever was waiting for them wasn't something they could hunt. So even if it means that he would be ostracized by the others, he would do everything he can to reason with them.

"Oh, and which one is it?" Rin asked coldly. 

"What if it was a beast evolving or ranking up." Bel spat as he glared at Rin. He knew that the relationship between the two of them wasn't the best, but there was never an open conflict between the two of them. However, now that she openly showed her hostility, Bel thought there was no need to be polite too. 

"HA HA HA '' the buff man called Ali broke into a loud laugh when he heard Bel words. Stunned, Bel looked at him, wondering what he could be finding so funny. 

"Ha, what are you even talking about? Are you saying that there is a rank B spirit beast inside that forest now? For a so-called hunter, your understanding of beasts is laughable." Ali said as he looked at Bel with disdain.

"You.." Bel shouted, his face flushed red with anger.

"Me, what? Tell me why we never felt the aura of your so-called rank B beast. You think the aura of a rank B beast is something that can be ignored. Useless coward." Ali said as he leaned on his humongous tower shield and continued to look disdainfully at Bel.

"Enough!" The only person that stayed silent since the beginning of the discussion finally talked. His voice was soft and low but all his companions were able to hear it clearly and immediately stopped talking.

He was Blake, an average-looking youth with long black hair and cold black eyes. The hooded coat with 3 golden stars he was wearing and the orb floating in front of him proof of his status as a Rank C wizard. From the respect in the eyes of his companions when they looked at him it was easy to infer he was their leader. 

“Sigh, I can understand your worry Bel but the rest of the team seem to want to take the risk if it even exists and I also want to. Secondly, there is no way a rank B beast can appear here, the resources are just not enough. But don’t worry we will stay cautious. So, I hope that you will give your all. Plus we are a team of 5 Rank C and me a peak Rank C. For an exploration of Amarach Forest, we are already overpowered. I don’t really see what can threaten us in this forest. 

With that simple declaration, Blake closed all kinds of debates deciding the fate of the team. A decision he will certainly come to regret but at the time it would be too late.

“Yes” Bel simply said as he already knew it was useless to try to make them change their mind now.

“So how are we going to act?” the midget asked once again.

“I think that with how wild the mana went; the kings of the forest will be interested and will personally move. I suggest we just watch them by the side and once they exhaust themselves fighting each other, we take the loot and collect their bodies as a bonus.” Rin said with a grin.

“Rin's idea seems good enough. I don’t think we need any complicated plan for this mission. Still, let's stay cautious, Goliath and Bel, you two will scout the forest. Bel, you go towards the source of the disturbance, and Goliath you scout the rest of the forest. You have three hours. Go.“ Blake said as he looked at the masked hunter and the midget. 

"Yes, boss." The midget shouted as he ran towards the forest with Bel following behind reluctantly.

"You are surely wicked." Leila chuckled as she played with her ivory staff. 

"It's the boss after all." Ali grinned.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, focus and prepare yourselves. No matter what kind of treasure appeared, it wouldn't be easy to get our hands on it." Blake said as he closed and started to meditate.

***

In another settlement of the forest, a scene that could make Celia go berserk was happening. A green humanoid being of more than 3 meters, with a body rippling with powerful muscle and massive tusks on each side of its mouth, was busying himself and groaning grotesquely on the top of a Catwoman. The latter body was covered with bruises and suspicious looking fluids, she was so broken that her gaze was already hollow and she laid motionless under the massive orc, enduring his abuse without much of a word. Suddenly, just as the orc was groaning relishing in the pleasure of an orgasm, he felt the disturbance in the mana. Once he was done letting all his essence out, he stopped moving and looked with a hideous grin towards the Redwater settlement. 

“Shaman, Org'ar right. Tool mighty Yag'arz needed to reach next rank finally appeared. Hahahaha.” He said as he swept the weak catwoman from the bed, sending her flying towards a wall, weakly the lady slumped on the wall and fell on the grounds beside a group of women whose fate was no better than hers. 

"Jor'um" he roared once he stopped laughing.

"Chief." Another muscular orc appeared in the cave almost instantly. Just like the orc chief, his body was buffed and tall, but his gaze was more reserved and he wasn't exuding the unbridled savagery characteristic of the orc. One of his tusks was broken and just like the shaman, there were some mysterious markings on his face.

"Bring shaman here, it's time." The orc said as he stood up from the fur bed he was lying on, his tool, still wet from his frolics was still in the open and dangling in the face of the proud orc warrior.

"Yes, chief." Swallowing the anger he felt, Jor'um quietly exited the chief cave to seek the shaman.

***

In another settlement, unlike the excitement and bustling everywhere else, everything was still normal as if nothing of all that was happening around mattered to them. 

“Mother, why are you stopping us from contesting for the treasure? We can't just let such an opportunity go without even trying to. “A young woman with a human upper body and a purple snake lower body asked, as she rushed inside her mother's cottage. 

"Oh, Sheila. You are here." the young woman's mother lazily opened her eyes and looked at her daughter with her enchanting amber eyes. Her slitted pupils shrinking slightly as she saw the upset expression of her daughter.

"Mother, please be serious. Are you not interested by the treasure?" Sheila asked as she looked at her mother. She was a beautiful Lamia, 3 meters tall with spotless white skin and dark blue hair. Her lower body was a gigantic snake tail covered in light blue scales, showing her affinity with the water element. Her slender arms too were covered in scales and as she moved, her breasts that were left in the open would sway lightly. 

“Chuckle. Why do you think it is a treasure? And even if it was one, we have no need for that treasure or whatever it is. Are we not having a good life without it?" Sheila's mother said as she lazily glanced at her daughter while laying on her couch. 

“HOW CAN YOU STAY SO CALM AND UNHINDERED BY EVERYTHING GOING AROUND YOU?  IT’S LIKE NOTHING NEVER MATTER TO YOU! “ the young woman hissed loudly at her mother, stomping the spear she was holding on the ground. Her white dress fluttering wildly as he pointed at her mother. 

“Maybe because we do not have the power to get your so-called treasure or because we also lack the power to keep it even if we obtain it by some fluke. Or maybe it is because when you already know how something will play out, it becomes meaningless to involve yourself in it.“ the mother replied as she lazily took an apple-like fruit on the table and bit in it with her luscious lips. She was not the least bothered by her daughter's scream and the furious look on her face.

“So, you already know. It’s always like this with you. Can I at least know?” the little girl said feeling defeated by her mother's behavior

“If you want. You just have to know that in the beast' world, whenever a new king is born, only by dyeing the forest red with blood can he ascertain his authority and prove his might. I hope you won’t do something foolish now that you know.” The mother said as she glared at her daughter, the latter being completely drenched in cold sweats the moment she felt her mother’s piercing gaze.

“So it wasn't a treasure. A new king uh. Sigh. Mother do you know who will make the first move.“ Sheila asked curiously.

"Probably, those dumb dogs. Anyway, why did you care? I already told you to stay put. Now, go and make sure everything is in order." 

"Yes mother." Sheila said as she speedily slithered out of the cottage.

While all the powerful beings of the Amarach forest were moving or gazing at the Redwater settlement, the situation in the said settlement hadn’t changed that much. It was still as quiet as when Leo traveled through it for the first time. In fact, for most of the beast, the mana storm that Leo's evolution created just felt like a short and powerful gust of wind. Most of the beasts that filled the forest were still savage beasts, their sensibility towards mana was very low so they were still unaware of all that was going on and as for Beastkin, unless they already started learning magic they were in the same boat as the savage beasts. Like this without anyone of its inhabitants knowing, the eerily quiet and empty Redwater settlement became the center of attention of the ruler of the Amarach forest.

 

57