Chapter 39: A talented Lion
1k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"With those skills, it can be said that my power has increased on all fronts and I’m ready for most situations." Leo said.

"Now to the last part of the harvest. Leo muttered as he eagerly moved on to check the description of his new talents." With how good the skills he received were, he was expecting as much if not much more from the four talents.

Thus, it was with much excitement that he closed the window in front of him and opened the one with those talents description.

[Swift:

You have a body built and optimized for high-speed movements and fights. 

-Agility has increased by 25%.

-Your average movement speed on complex terrain is greatly enhanced.

-You have more control over your speed. Acceleration time and deceleration time are greatly reduced.

-You obtain greater control over your body and can perform finer and more complex movements while moving at high speed.]

"Beautiful. Incredible." Leo muttered as he looked at the description of the talent he got from the wolf king.

If not for the fact that everything he received until now was truly great, he would have dared to say that this talent was more than them all.

Why would he show so much appreciation to this talent when his speed was anything but lacking?

It was true that his speed was already more than impressive with his high stats and the various enhancements he received from his skills. But that was only when it came to his running speed. That was extremely useful to charge at an enemy, close the distance, and such. 

But, it was a different matter once the fight starts.

While fighting, it was extremely hard for him to maintain a great speed. Also, once he reached a certain speed it became increasingly hard to control his body and perform precise movements.

It was just like the difference in running speed of a basketball player with and without the ball. Without the ball some players could reach speed rivaling top sprinters, however, their speed would plummet once they have to handle the ball.

Beyond the benefits this talent will bring speed-wise, this talent was going to enhance his average fighting strength.

With greater control over his speed, he could set the rhythm of a fight however he wants. With greater control over his movements, he would be able to display more of his skills and power regardless of the fight’s pace.

From his point of view, such a talent that would elevate the average strength he could display was definitely better than any other skill.

While it was still unknown how much enhancement this talent was really going to bring, he was sure it would be anything but insignificant.

"I suddenly want someone to come and pick a fight with me." Leo chuckled as he could barely suppress his itch to go and start experimenting with his new powers.

[Shadow dweller:

As you dwelt within the shadow, your body continued to absorb shadow essence greatly strengthening your understanding of the element.

-All shadow skills level +1.

-All your attack deals an additional 15% shadow damage.

-You can stay within the shadow for much longer.

-You receive 15% additional damage from fire, light, and holy type attacks.]

[Night prowler:

Your existence is blessed by the night.

-All your stats are increased by 30% during the night.

-Effects of concealment skills increased by 100%.

-You receive 10% additional damage from light and holy type attacks.]

"The Umbra panther once again focused on enhancing my shadow power. The enhancement is quite good, and the best is the 30% bonus stats during the night." Leo nodded his head contentedly as he read through the two talents he got from the umbra.

"But, what’s up with the negative effects?" Leo frowned as it was the first time he was receiving a talent with a bad side.

[Well, you can’t do anything about it. The more you use an element the weaker you will be against its opposite elements. Also with the night blessing, you are basically considered a creature of the night. You should already be happy that your power isn’t weakened during the day. 

Anyway, why are you complaining? The two talents are giving more benefits than disadvantages.] Luxia said.

"Yeah, I know. But is there no way to turn a talent off?" Leo said, his gaze showing his reluctance to let the negative effects of the talents affect him.

[Stop being childish. Would you always give up on things that didn’t completely benefit you?] Luxia scolded as she felt annoyed by Leo’s behavior. 

"Alright, but I still don’t like this. " Leo grumbled as he went on to check the last talent.

[Toxic genius:

You are a natural in the field of poison.

-Your affinity with the poison element is greatly enhanced.

-All poison effects are enhanced by 50%.

-All poison skills level +1.

-You can create a greater variety of poison.]

"Well with this I guess that we are done." He closed the system with a happy expression. He was more than satisfied with everything he received.

"Wonder how strong I can be if I put everything on the line." Leo thought as he turned around to check on Celia. 

It would happen that at the same time Celia was done and coming toward him. 

"Aish Leo, you glutton, you eat the whole snake so quickly. Where did you put all that?" She said as she glanced at the giant white skeleton behind him.

"Oh, I didn’t even notice." Leo said as he too glanced at the skeleton. As he was too focused on the system while munching on the snake, he didn’t even notice that he managed to eat the whole thing in such a short time.

"Tsk, besides you are a lot bigger too. Don’t tell you didn’t notice that too? You are almost as big as the wolf king was." She said as she curiously eyed the imposing body of Leo.

"I did notice it. And you too are hotter than before." Leo said

"Oh really?" She smiled bashfully as she twirled on herself, showcasing her beautiful and sexy figure to Leo.

"Well, I was talking about your fire… "Leo said. However, as he noticed the disappointed expression of Celia, he quickly continued. "But you did become more enchanting."

"Chuckle, thank you, and yes my fire too grew a lot and I managed to stabilize my level." She said with a bright smile.

"I am happy for you." Leo said, his heart beating wildly as he saw Celia’s mesmerizing smile.

'Sigh, I can’t continue to ignore this heavenly creature anymore.' Leo sighed bitterly as he looked at Celia. 

Since meeting the sisters, he did his best to not focus on their appearance as he didn’t want to make himself more pitiful. 

They were more beautiful than any woman he ever met, but he knew there was no way anything could happen between them. So, to avoid hurting himself, he decided to play blind.

Unfortunately, it would seem that he would be unable to pretend any longer.

'It is such a time that I feel like I could do anything to get back a human body.' Leo thought as he once again cursed the asshat who gave him a beast's body.

"Leo... Leo…. Leooo~~~" Celia called.

"Yes." He said as he finally paid attention to Celia.

"What were you thinking about?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing?" Leo quickly answered.

"Really? You were spacing out while looking at me in a very creepy way. So, what were you thinking about?" She said as she leaned her body toward him, a small smile stretching her lips.

'Hey, don’t tell me the girl swings that way.' He thought as he sneaked a look at the magnificent valley and the two mountains in front of him. 'Yup I got to get a human body, somehow.'

"Well, I was just thinking that you looked quite mighty when fighting the panther." He said the first thing he could think about as he quickly regained his bearing.

"Oh! I see. So that's why you were staring at me once again." She chuckled as she sat with her back against Leo. "I can be proud that my charm could go beyond the barriers of species. Unless you aren’t what you seem to be." She whispered.

"What will you do if I’m not?" He asked.

"I like who you are. Not the body you are in. Besides, it is fun to be with you so, I don’t care." She said calmly.

"…. You are interesting." Leo said.

"Not more than you." She retorted.

"So what are we going to do now? Honestly, I don’t think anyone else would dare to come and bother us now. And I want nothing more than to go rest and see my sister." She said.

"You are right but we have a last guest to take care of. Even though this one didn’t seem to be hostile." Leo said.

"I wonder who it is?" She said.

"You can come out now." He said as he looked toward the forest.

41