Chapter 48: Nightmares
887 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, hope you are doing good. Spending a good day and all.

Here is today's chapter enjoy. 

Thank you for reading the novel every day and for all the support. Y'all the best.

"Who? What are you trying to do?" Celia asked.

"Leo. Saving my life." Leila answered.

'Tsk, who does she think I am?' Leo complained in his heart as Leila exposed her lack of trust in him. It was true that his mentality changed since coming to his world and there were little things he was unwilling to do. Still, he hadn’t fallen so low that he would break a promise he made or kill someone that saved his life.

"Hey big boy, sorry but I would need to borrow a bit of your mana, alright?" Leila asked.

'Huh!' Leo was surprised by her strange request. How was she going to borrow his mana? But he didn’t think too much and immediately agreed to her request. " Do what you need to." As long as she could get them out of this situation, she could do whatever she wanted. 

'Still, I shouldn’t drop my guard.' He thought as he still didn’t trust her completely.

As soon as he agreed he could feel that a mysterious link was created between Leila and him and his mana started slowly flowing into her body.

"Good." Leila said as she felt the link that was established between them. She then lifted her eyes and looked at the Leviathan that almost reached them.

As she looked at the Leviathan, her presence changed completely, becoming something deep and unfathomable that made everyone that sensed it unconsciously shiver. 

"********." She said in a cold and almost inaudible voice filled with mysticism. 

It was the first time Leo heard a language was unable to understand since coming into this world.

As soon as those words left her mouth, Leo felt a large chunk of his mana vanish. Then, he and everyone watched in astonishment as every spell around them broke apart. The wind surrounding Leo dissipated, the chain restraining him broke into large chunks of ice and the fearsome Leviathan turned into a puddle of water and crashed on the ground.

"OP." Leo said, shocked by Leila's display of power. Even though she used his mana, it remained true that she destroyed all their spells with one or two words.

"You are a Nightmare???" Celia covered her mouth as she looked at the pale-faced Leila in shock.

"Anti-magic." Even Blake took a step back as he looked at Leila with dread, unable to react properly.

Still, ignoring the shocked gaze of the three, Leila once again opened her mouth and drained another large part of Leo’s mana before speaking in her mysterious language.

This time, as soon as her words resounded through the clearing, a mysterious force pervaded through the clearing, and Leo, Celia, and Blake immediately lost all connections with their elements. With just a word, she also took away their ability to cast magic.

"Quick, kill him. I can’t hold it for long." Leila said as she coughed blood and collapsed. 

As he heard her speak, Leo didn’t even hesitate before rushing toward the bitter-faced Blake. Even though he lost the ability to use magic, Leo's body still held a tremendous amount of power. In an instant, he reached Blake and without any words, stabbed his claws through Blake’s weak and defenseless body.

"So I did lose in the end." Blake smiled bitterly as he grabbed Leo’s claws. "Damned bitch. It’s all her fault." He added, his face turning into a scowl as he remembered Leila. He wouldn’t have died if it wasn’t because of her.

"And you, don’t think it is over. I am sure many people have noticed tonight’s commotion. You better start running away now." He said as he showed a bloody smile.

"Yeah, think whatever you want if it can comfort you. If you have nothing interesting to say, I will send you on your way, now." Leo said as he pressed his claws down and ended Blake’s life. He didn’t need Blake’s reminder to understand that tonight's events are going to lead to many more troublesome things. Still, he didn’t care, he would deal with it at that moment. All he wanted now was to find a peaceful place and rest his tired mind and his wrecked body 

"So it is over uh, I guess we need to thank Leila once she wakes up." Celia said as she grabbed Leila and hoped down from Leo’s back.

"Yup, it’s over." Leo said. At the same time, he suddenly felt the effects of focus disappearing and then a wave of weakness followed as his power was halved. It was really a displeasing experience to go from feeling like a god to feeling like shit. "I am dead." He added as he laid on the ground powerlessly. If he could, he would start sleeping here and then without caring for anything else.

"You alright?" Celia asked worriedly.

"Don’t worry, it’s just the after-effects of the skills I used." Leo answered.

"Oh! You know, the next time, we should just try fighting something weaker than us, alright?" She chuckled as she too plopped on the ground beside Leo.

"Well, as you can see, we don’t have the luxury to choose our enemies. That is why we should always try to become stronger. So strong that anything that will go against us will end up being weaker than us." Leo said with determination.

"I like that way of thinking." Celia chuckled. "Let’s go back." I am missing Maria. Celia said as she stood up, the thought of her sister apparently filling her with a newfound strength.

"Yes, but what are we going to do with her?" He said as he glanced at the unconscious Leila.

"We are bringing her with us. You couldn’t be thinking of leaving her here, right?" 

"Well, we aren’t sure if we can trust her." 

"How heartless, how could you think of leaving a weak lady alone in the wild? Besides, how can’t you trust her after all we went through together?" She said as she glared at Leo.

"It isn’t what this is about." He said, powerless. 

"I know, but she is a good ally to have." Celia said.

"Because she is a Nightmare, right?" Leo asked curiously.

"Yes, that’s why. The nightmare didn’t belong to a specific race. It is a name given to people who awaken a special constitution that grants them innate anti-magic abilities." Celia said.

"Could it be that they are the only ones able to use that kind of ability?" Leo asked doubtfully. He wouldn’t believe it if someone told him that in a world filled with magic, nobody researched skills that can break or resist magic. 

"From what I know, the only way to resist magic is to either have a high magic resistance or interrupt a spellcaster when they are casting their spell. Nightmares are different, they are the only ones who can literally stop a mage from using mana or accessing their elemental particles. Legends say that at their strongest magic becomes useless against them and they can even create a mana-less field where magic can’t be used. They are considered the ban, the nightmare of any spell-casters." Celia said as she looked at the sleeping Leila with a serious expression.

"Oh, a well-deserved name indeed. But she didn’t seem that capable to me." Leo asked doubtfully. He admitted that Leila was strong but not as much as Celia was portraying her to be.

"I think that’s because her constitution isn’t fully awakened. Also, her rank is still low, that’s why she needed to use your mana. Besides, do you think anyone can just use someone else's mana?" She asked as she started looting the corpse of the adventurers.  

"So, we basically picked a treasure on the roadside." Leo asked as he wondered if he could get those abilities if he killed her. But he quickly gave up on those thoughts in the end. 'Forget it, I already have enough skills for the moment. Also, I don’t need to have all the power in my hands.' He muttered as he watched Celia happily loot the adventurer's belongings.

"Yes. Oh, look what I found. A storage ring." She grinned as she picked a ring on Blake’s fingers. Then she quickly put the belongings of the adventurers inside.

"We got quite the haul." She said as she played with the ring.

"So can we go back now?" He asked.

"Yes. But, don’t you want to eat them first?" Celia said as she pointed at the corpses of the adventurers.

"There is no need to, I am already full." Leo answered without hesitation as he saw what Celia was referring to. While he wasn’t considering himself a human anymore, there was no way he was going to practice cannibalism. Even though it wasn't really cannibalism anymore.  Besides, as far as he knew, he would get nothing out of it. And even if it could give him some benefits, he wouldn’t do it.

"But, don’t you need to eat stronger opponents to get stronger? You can’t waste this opportunity". Celia insisted.

"No, we don’t have time for this." He said.

"Oh, I know. I will put them inside the ring and you can eat them later." Celia said and she immediately moved toward Blake's corpse and put it in the ring.

'What’s up with this girl?' Leo wondered as he looked at Celia who was happily collecting the corpses. 'Well, I will just let her do what she wants.' 

"I am done. Though I couldn’t pick the body of the guardian. It was too broken." She said apologetically

"It doesn’t matter. Let go."  Leo hurried her.

"Yeah let’s go."

37