Chapter 73: Rewards(3)
2.4k 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


‘I’m really strong,” Leo mumbled. He was satisfied by the growth his attributes had gone through and he was sure that he was one of the strongest rank D to exist. Even a Legendary beast shouldn’t be stronger than this. As for other reincarnators, he wasn’t too sure how strong they were, but he was confident that he wouldn’t be inferior to any of them.

At this point even he could feel that his body was reaching its limits and he had little room for growth as a rank D. If he wanted to continue to grow, he would have to evolve and reach the next rank.

“That was the plan anyway,” he thought as he closed his status and started to check the rewards he obtained. First, he checked the skill he received.

[Restore: Rank C

Instantly clear your body or a target body from every negative effect (debuffs, curses, poison, skill’s backlash, organs impairments…) and restore it to its peak state. The skill can only affect negative effects caused by rank C skills at most or restore lost limbs.

The skill has two charges and a charge can be gained every day by sacrificing 100% of your MP.

Remaining charge: 2/2]

‘Wow, the system is taking care of me. This is quite a good superman suit,’ Leo thought happily. He had to admit that the system gave him a big gift with this skill, and he felt extremely grateful about it. Now that he had such a skill, he knew he would be able to avoid a lot of troublesome situations and be a lot more confident during his fight.

A situation like the one he encountered while fighting the shaman was now unlikely to happen again and he would also be less worried if he had to use some dangerous skills in the future.

That aside, the fact that he could instantly regenerate his lost limbs was the best news. Though he already had the ability to regenerate, all he could do was regenerate standard injuries. Meaning that if he were to lose a limb, he would be unable to regenerate naturally and would have to use external means to recover.

However, now he could restore missing limbs and instantly at that. That was to say that even if he lost a limb during a fight, he could continue to fight confidently.

Still, that didn’t mean that he should throw any form of caution to the wind. ‘I need to be cautious since I can only use it two times a day and I can only gain a charge every day. Things could get tricky if I find myself without a charge in an emergency,’ he thought, reminding him that while powerful, this wasn’t a skill he could use wantonly. Anyway, considering his current physical resistance, it would be quite difficult for anyone to cut one of his limbs.

‘I should be able to help Leila now,’ he muttered as the skill could be used on other people. That was another great news. He just hoped that whatever was affecting her wasn’t over rank C.

Done with the skill, he opened his inventory to check the other rewards, starting with those he did not know of. First was the restoration elixir, just like the other potions, it was in a simple round bottle covered in strange inscriptions. The only difference was that the bottle looks more refined, and the inscriptions were more complex. Besides, the potion itself didn’t have any color, it looked just like plain water. But it was clear that it was anything but that.

[Restoration elixir: Epic

Grade: Low

Instantly restore 100% of the user's health, and mana and heal all their injuries. As long as the user still had a bit of life in them, they would be instantly restored to their peak state without any side effects. Only work for being of rank C or lower.]

‘I hope the system isn’t raising a flag here.’ Leo chuckled as the system granted him another powerful healing item. This one was even more powerful as the only condition was that the user had to be alive and rank C or lower. There were no restrictions on the damage source, and on the degree or type of injuries he could recover with it. It could even restore the user mana.

This elixir was a trump card Leo was happy to have but hoped he wouldn’t have to use. Done with the elixir, he turned his attention toward the dusk core. It was a simple black rock, so black that in the creeping darkness surrounding him, he couldn’t be sure that he was holding anything. Though he knew it wasn’t the case as the moment he took it out, he could feel an intense craving for it. It was as if the core was the most delicious thing ever. Reigning in his urge to swallow the core right then and there, Leo started to read its description and he had to say it was another godly item.

[Dusk core: Rank C

After using this core, every shadow skill of rank C or lower will have their levels increase by 1 or 2. There is a slight possibility to upgrade your element to a higher tier. Can be used as an ingredient for evolution.]

‘Aside from the restoration elixir and the sphinx feather, this is easily the best item the system ever gave me,’ Leo thought. For someone like him with plenty of shadow skills, such an item that could increase the level of every shadow skill was priceless. If used right, he could experience another massive increase in strength. However, he would never use the dusk core for such a purpose. 

Not when it could also be used to obtain a stronger bloodline. After all, he could always level up his skills by himself. It would just take a little more time. Meanwhile, it wasn’t easy to come by something that could give him the opportunity to get a stronger bloodline.

‘I was already wondering whether I would unlock new evolution’s options after this episode. Now I am sure that I did,’ Leo muttered as he barely stopped himself from immediately opening the evolution tab. There were many things he was curious about, but he knew it was better to finish what he was doing first.

Now that he was done with the dusk core, all that remained were the dungeon crystals, the skill upgrade card, and the skill card. He wasn’t going to use the dungeon crystals now, so he put them aside for the time being. Then, he turned his attention toward the skill upgrade cards. With them, he could upgrade two rank D skills of his choice to rank C.

After thinking for a while, he decided to upgrade shadow spike and iron claws. The reasons were simple. Shadow spike was a skill with great potential, it was also his main offensive weapon during most of his fight. Meanwhile, ‘iron claws’ was a passive skill that increased the damage he dealt using his claws. At this point, there was no need to think too much. Upgrading those two was without a doubt the best way to increase his fighting power. And that is what he did as he used the skill card and successfully obtained two new rank C skills.

‘Ok, so all that is left now is the skill card,’ he thought as he grabbed the skill card and chose to use it. ‘Hopefully, it’ll be something great too.’

[Ding.. you have used a skill card. You have received the skill transfiguration.]

[Transfiguration: Rank C

You can take the form of any creatures you have eaten. The strength you can display during your transformation is limited by the strength of the creature the body originally belonged to. However, you can’t display more than 30% of your total strength during a transformation. Some skills may be unavailable if your current form lacks the necessary body parts. A transformation will be automatically canceled after an hour, and you can only transform for a total of 3 hours every day. 

Cost: 10000 MP]

‘Oh, this is Christmas,’ Leo mumbled, his eyes shining brightly as he looked at the description of his new skill. A skill that allowed him to transform into anything he had once eaten. With this skill, he would be able to have a human body once again. Though it has many limitations, Leo didn’t care. He would be happy as long as he could get his body back, even if it was for a short duration.

‘Though, it is really funny that I have to eat something before turning into it,’ Leo muttered as he remembered that just last night, he arrogantly stated that he wouldn’t eat a human. However, now, he would have no choice but to do that. ‘Eating a human for the sake of becoming human. It sounds wrong,’ Leo thought with a bitter smile. It was either sticking to his belief and giving up on the opportunity to get a human’s body or screwing his beliefs for the sake of getting a human’s body.

21