Mystia, The Great Night Sparrow
34 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked to the path towards the Hakurei Shrine, where Reimu is supposed to be at.

Along the way there stands a few of those corrupted humans. I unhesitatingly put them out of their suffering using Roukanken, before proceeding towards the path, surrounded by woods that leads to the shrine.

A minute later, I stopped in front of the stone steps that leads to the shrine. I saw an extinguished bonfire beside the bottom of the steps, and I conjured an ice statue of myself there.

Feeling thirsty again, I took a sip from my trusty flask before climbing up the steps. If only I could fly, maybe I've already reached that shrine in seconds.

It was an exhausting climb, but I managed to reach the top, where I see another bonfire beside the shrine's great archway, and I conjured another statue there.

I walked through the archway, and walked around the building. I walked inside the shrine, and immediately after opening the front door, I see an empty donation box on the floor.

"Hmph, looks like nobody's donating again."

I continued to explore the shrine building, until I find Reimu's resting room where she usually slept, drank tea or sake, and ate her daily 3 times meals. But if she doesn't have any money to buy food... What has she been eating?

I shook my head, focusing on finding a clue as to where Reimu is. Near the corner of the room, which is dimly lit by a candle hung on the wall is a futon, but it looked like as if two people had slept there. I went closer and crouched down, before reaching my hand towards the futon to check what's beneath the blanket and pillow.

I recoiled at the touch, because it was sticky. Quickly, I swiped the blanket away, and I see a liquid stain covering the top of the futon. The blanket merely covered it. Was there a guest here? And what were they and Reimu doing here? The stain had an odd scent as well.

But then, I noticed something sticking out of the pillow, and once I removed it I see a note.

"Reimu, let's do it again at my place."

So, they were doing something...? But if it were to stain the futon with this odd sticky liquid, it's probably a... Human thing.

I concluded from the note that she is not here currently. And I went out through the door where I came in from.

"Where are you, Reimu!?" I screamed.

"Gone." Said a voice coming from above me.

Sensing an imminent strike, I took a dive to the front dodging whatever is trying to hit me.

When I got back up and turned around, I widened my eyes to see...

Mystia Lorelei, one of my teammates... She is Corrupted as well. Her glowing white eyes are staring at me without emotion, just like Wriggle, but I can sense a great aura of hatred coming from her.

"You know where she went, don't you Misty!? Where is Reimu?!"

"You could say that I know where she is, but I don't think I should tell this to a megalomaniac Ice Fairy like you."

"What are you talking about, Misty?!"

"I envy you, Cirno. You beat me countless times, and you managed to rule over me. But in this times of darkness, I can simply get rid of you since the night is my ally."

"The moon, it's taking over your mind Misty! Snap out of it!"

"Why would I? This felt so good. I can feel the power going through my veins!"

She said that with a shout, scaring off a couple of birds nearby. A second later, everything went dark, even the moon is obscured. She made me night-blind?!

"You won't get away this time, Cirno... You have nowhere to run!"

"Oh, run? From you, Misty? I have no choice then... Let's fight to the end"

I said as I launched an icicle projectile blindly in front of me.

"That will be sooner than you think!"

I then felt something grazing my side, it must be her. How do I fight someone whom I couldn't even see?

I need a source of light... Like fire! When fire is made, it brightens the surrounding, although it is also my weakness, as I can't stand the heat.

Mystia stupidly fires few of her flashy musical note shaped danmaku at me, which I can see and dodge, but I also need to be aware of my surroundings. I could collide into a wall, or a tree or a rock or anything else.

But then her spell to cause night blind breaks, giving me the opportunity to strike back.

I conjured a blade made of ice, and took a stance. However just as I was about to take a move, I noticed another person in the corner of my eye. Short blonde hair, red ribbon as an accessory, wears black and white clothing. Her lips has blood dripping off from them, as if she had just finished feasting on flesh.

Rumia has joined the battle, great. Just what I don't want.

Both of them dashed towards me, but I managed to flip them off to my back by conjuring a shield of ice, and flipping them using it. Afterwards, I turn around and slashed at them both, who are now on the ground.

Of course, it didn't work too effectively. They got back up, and they used their spells simultaneously. This time I couldn't even see Mystia's danmaku coming at me, and they hit me in the process, knocking me to the ground.

I opened my eyes to see myself lying in front of the ice statue near the shrine archway. Both Mystia and Rumia looked confused, and they seemed to be looking after me.

Using this as an ability to strike, I dashed to Rumia's back, pulled out Roukanken from it's scabbard and slashed her throat. Rumia fell forward to the ground, limp.

"I just... Wanted to know... Fairy flesh... Taste like..." Were her words before she dissipated into cinders.

"Now you've done it, Cirno!"

There is still Mystia, now she is angrier than ever, her talons sharpen and her eyes have an extremely intense killing intent.

I put back Roukanken back to it's scabbard, and switched back to my ice sword. Mystia walked towards me, and she wildly clawed in the air as I walked backwards. I tried to parry her clawings, but the ice shatters upon touch.

And after running out of place to go backwards, I collided to a tree and Mystia managed to reach me, clawing my body like a cat scratching a wooden pole.

Blood began to pour out like crazy, and my vision became blurry. Using a desperate amount of strength, I managed to hit her in the chest with a palm strike, stunning her and making her stumble backwards.

She then flew towards me with both of her hands cast over towards me, intending to pounce me, but I dodged. She then got back up from the ground she pounced and looked at me.

"You have no choice but to die here, Cirno. That way I shall reign supreme over you! No, to all of Gensokyo in the process!"

"You're only strong in the night... Like this seemingly eternal one. However, I won't just give up from a beating like this... I will defeat you, just like many times before!"

With that, I felt something warm in my heart. Then, I noticed that I had a new spell card, which is now glowing red, like flames. Perhaps this is the chance!

"Nature Sign - Change element, Achi Cirno!"

With that I felt fire surging from the ground, and engulfed my body. I no longer melt from the heat, as it transforms me into a being that embodies it. My hair, and ribbon changed color from blue to a blazing red, as well as my clothes.

Mystia widened her eyes at my transformation, and tries to claw at me again, but I managed to conjure a ball of fire in front of me, which then made her recoil and fall on her back.

"Fire sign - Hail of Fire!"

As I chanted that new spell card, I raised my hand which conjured a ball of fire, which then surged up to the skies, before going back down in the form of hailing fire. Mystia then shielded herself from the hail, but she didn't notice that I conjured a sword made of fire.

I plunged the blazing blade into her torso, piercing through it. She groaned in pain, as I pulled back. She knelt down, and I drew out Roukanken to finish the battle.

I leapt forward so that I can stand behind her, before thrusting the blade into the hole in the back which I made from the previous thrust from the fire sword.

"Like usual... I have... Underestimated you..."

Were Mystia's words as she fell on her back, and dissipated into cinders.

I took a deep breath, and the transformation spell break, returning me to my ice element. I pulled out the photograph from during the party, and I stabbed both Mystia and Rumia's faces off from it.

But now to find Reimu. I need to return to the village to inform Mokou first, though.

- To Be Continued

3