An Ending To Things
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We flew, we floated, we walked. And at last after what seems like forever we finally are home, at Gensokyo.

However, the darkness had blackened almost everything on our path and I had to light a fire.

"Hey, door lady! We've done bringing the Miko back! Reveal yourself!"

"Cirno-Chan..."

"No, let her." Piece held Daiyousei back.

"Get off from me." Daiyousei pushed her off.

We walked to the Hakurei Shrine, which is now as cold as it is during winter. We light up the lanterns and candles around the shrine, and we see that the gate has been cut in half.

"How long have we been gone...?" I asked.

"Only a bit. The absence of the Hakurei Miko causes the degradation of the shrine. I worry more about the barrier, though."

I turned around to see Okina, appearing from a door she had created.

"I see that you have succeeded. Now, hand the Miko over to me... And you shouldn't be facing me when you're darkened." She tossed me a statuette of Shinki. Must've been a gift from her during the time they were together.

Daiyousei and Piece then puts her down, on the cold grounds of the shrine as I used the statuette to restore my soul.

Okina then chanted a prayer which then made a hitodama unleashes itself from Reimu's body.

"It is faint, so faint that it is impossible to save this world."

"So, this is all for nothing...?"

"I'm afraid so, yes. In saving this world and Gensokyo."

I looked down, in failure. There is no hope in saving Gensokyo. If only I had given those elements back to the Soul, then--

"But, this is enough for me to create a new world, a new Gensokyo."

"Really?"

"Yes, indeed. However there will be a price for creating a new world. I would need this Gensokyo's Soul of Nature as well."

I shook.

"And doesn't that mean that you have to...?"

"No. I won't slay you. But, you shall decide what the world consisted of. Then, I shall take that Soul, and after the creation of the new world you and your friends there will live your normal lives. However, only you and your two friends behind you shall remember what happened in this world."

We stood there for a moment as I think of what should I do. Well, it's better than nothing.

"I agree. I'll hand over the Soul to you."

"Very well, then. Shall I ask you another thing, Fairy? What is your name?"

My name?

"I am Cirno.... Why are you asking that, door lady?"

"I think that the new Gensokyo would be named after you. You wanted that, don't you? You would be seen as superior in contrast to all other life forms in the new world."

That's it? If the new world is named after me, I'll truly be the strongest, most superior being that ever exist there? This is so good to be true, but...

I looked at Daiyousei and Clownpiece, who are inspecting my magic box, searching for Star's soul. I took another look at the area beyond the shrine gate.

"So, what is your decision, Cirno... Strongest Being?"

"I refuse."

And for a good reason. The reason this Gensokyo ended is because of my selfishness and pride due to the power I possessed. And with my darker half trying to take over me, I realize that too much power is indeed, a cause for disaster.

"A noble choice. Now, shall we decide what will be added in this new Gensokyo...?"

I have seen enough power for one life, anyway.

As I speak, Okina then extracted the Soul of Nature from my body, returning me into a mere, lowly Ice Fairy.

The Soul, and Reimu's Spirit then glowed in a bright light which blinded all of us, and we had to close our eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I see myself sitting beside Daiyousei on the shores of the Misty Lake, the sun's rays reflected on the pure waters of the lake. She is pouring a cup of tea from a kettle.

"Koakuma gave me this, it's delicious."

I looked down, to see that I wear no armor, although Roukanken, and it's scabbard is still beside me. I pulled the blade out a little bit, to see that it glimmers in light.

I smiled a bit. Maybe I should hide it away. If it falls to the wrong hands, I dread what will happen.

"Cirno! Daiyousei! Want some lampreys as a side dish!?"

I turned my gaze around to see Misty, running along with her food cart.

"Of course!"

Now in this world, Misty and Piece no longer seek to be more powerful than me. It is because of a curse that I had told Okina to create, in order to create a Gensokyo, where too much power would create a disaster.

Not long afterwards my other teammates Wriggle and Rumia, along with the 3 Fairies of Light, Piece and Lily, we had a feast on the lakeside.

We could have not been any happier than we are now. I just hope that in this Gensokyo, things will always go peaceful.

I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose at first, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here, at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit for a fate that eludes my understanding. Who am I, who has been so blessed, to have a saga like this, travelling through realms? Maybe here, in the new Gensokyo life would be better, and there would be a way for all this suffering to end.

My name is Cirno, the Strongest Fairy alive. And my tale, has reached it's end.

⑨ SOULS
End~

1