2
15 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A cave in the parallel world seemed small from outside but as you step in, a complete palace was evident. On both sides of the path, candles were lit up, made it look like the path was burning. The palace was made of stone, engraved with faces, names, and dates of previous Lords of Hell, along with beautifully engraved snakes. Even the entrance door was designed with snakes. More like Cobras. Written above the door was 'Gates to Ordeal.'

"Grim Reaper, you came," the doorkeeper said.

"Yes," a thick toneless voice came. 

"Lord is accompanied by Great Lord," he said. 

"I see" every step made the robe elegantly float in the air along with Grim Reaper's hair, making it look like a grand entry.

"This way," the doorkeeper said while bowing his head.

"I know, you don't need to show me the way." the voice still toneless, gesturing him to leave.

Stopping midway Grim Reaper asked, "Wait up, where are other servants?"

"There." pointing his hand on the left side, his head, still hanging low. 

"Female servants too?" 

"No, female servants are on the other side, on your right Grim Reaper."

"Okay, leave." 

Opening the doors to the hall. The hall had stalactites hanging low. Grim Reaper never understood why the hall was designed in this way. 

Lord of Hell and Great Lord sat on their thrones, chatting. 

Bowing down Grim Reapers said, "sorry for invasion." 

Great Lord said, "Oh, no no, we were just chatting about the weather and stuff." 

Lord of Hell didn't even greet Grim Reaper, "Grim Reaper, you know, what punishment you will have for this sin?" He didn't wait for her answer. "You will feel the pain, the pain that people felt when they died by your hands."

The first thing Grim Reaper felt was a slash from a sword, even though there was no physical sword but still, the pain and blood oozing out felt real, she tried to stop the blood with her robe. Even though nothing was oozing out. 

Next, she felt like her senses were getting silenced, her vision got blurry, numbness spreading across, her body getting stiff, she wasn't even able to curl her fingers. She thought this will be her last breath.

But after a while, she opened her eyes to see Stalactites. She was alive. Looking around she found two thorns one was of Lord of Hell and one was of Great Lord. Both the thorns were contradictory. One was glassy with long wings on both handles. Beside was Lord of Hell's throne was with a red cushion, the head of Cobras on both sides as handles, the legs of the throne felt like roots of trees, buried in the flooring. Both the thrones were beautiful in their ways. 

"Are you okay?" Came Great Lord's silvery voice. He has hazel eyes with golden and green flecks. It looked like Earth.

"Yes," Grim Reaper said even though stumbling but soon regaining a static posture, proceeded to bow down again. 

Looking at Lord of Hell, Great Lord asked, "Why did you do this?"

"Why? She spared a life." Lord of Hell said furiously.

"Lord, I didn't mean to" after a pause she continued, "Sorry Lord, it won't happen again"

"Again? Do you think I will give you another chance? No, you are not going to step on Earth. You will stay with me here as my subordinate." 

"Then who will collect souls?" 

"Not thought about it yet."

"How can a Grim Reaper be locked here? It'll cause havoc on Earth." After a pause Great Lord said, "My advice is, let her be on earth until you find another soul to take her position."

Lord of Hell took some time to think, then said, "Your advice seems rational."

"Absolutely," Great Lord said with a smile. 

"Okay, you will stay on Earth until I find your replacement." 

"Your wish is my command, Lord." 

"Hm, leave."

Grim Reaper proceeded to leave when Great Lord asked her to have some tea with them.

"Yes, Great Lord."

"Good, sit." 

She sat on the chair that one servant brought for her. 

Great Lord asked, "Why did you spare that kid's life?" 

"I felt like," Grim Reaper said.

Great Lord tried to search for sympathy on her face but, her face was cold, scary yet beautiful. She was indeed a gorgeous Grim Reaper, Hell ever encountered. But her sins?! Extremely brutal. 

He repeated her sentence, "You felt like." After a pause, he said with a laugh "Good."

Beside him, Lord of Hell drank the tea in silence, he knew this will only lead to deterioration. He was also worried about the data that should be submitted to 'Palace of Garner'. Sighing he asked Grim Reaper "Now what are you planning to say to 'Palace of Garner'?"

"I will rightfully accept my sins."

"No need, go, collect your belongings and go back to your work." 

"Yes, I will take my leave." Grim Reaper said.

After she closed the door behind her, Lord of Hell said, "I eradicated her sense of emotions. But still, she spared that little kid's life!"

"Well, let's see what will happen," Great Lord said sipping his tea. A faint smile was visible on his lips. 

0