Chapter Three: Chaos in the Streets
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was scared awake by the screams. Screams. Why would there be screams, I thought, screams of terror

I shook my head and looked around. For some reason, even though it was morning, it looked like the sun was about to set. The shadows were long and terrifying and no one knew what they hid. The streets shone as people ran screaming, with pure terror on their faces. It looked like a scene from a horror movie. 

There were people screaming as they ran on the streets, but nothing seemed abnormal to me. I yelled, “What’s going on?”, but no one replied. Some spared a moment to look at me, but went pale in the face soon after.

I turned around to ask Amara what was going on when I realized I was the only one on the bus. The bus was deserted and messy. Bags laid strewn across the floor and had dirt on them, as if they were trampled on.

The bus was weirding me out so I left it, trying to find information, when I saw something weird. There was a buildup of cars behind the bus. All of them still had an engine running but no driver. 

But that wasn’t the weird part. The weird part was that a few cars were moving sideways. Yes, that's right. Sideways, not forward or backward.

There was nothing to cause them to move that way, but when the people running on the street looked there, They ran faster almost as if their life was in danger.

Confused, I turned around to get my phone to check the local news. But there was something almost supernatural instead.

In the bus’s shadow there was a shining gun. I rubbed my eyes. I must be going crazy, I thought. A glowing gun. That can’t be real.

But it was still there. Finally I walked towards it wondering what it was. I circled it for a few minutes, but since there was no reaction, I reached to touch it.

When my hand touched it, the gun started to shine brighter. The blinding light caused me to reflexively close my eyes and the world went dark.

0