Chapter Four: In the Void
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes. It was almost as if hours had passed during the few moments my eyes were closed.

Taking a deep breath, I looked at the ceiling. To be more precise, there wasn’t really a ceiling. Or walls. It was like I was in a little bubble inside a never-ending void.

I got to my feet and I warily glanced around. Where am I?, I wondered, Maybe I’m dead. Maybe the shiny gun killed me.

The room?, if it could be called that, was empty. There was only darkness at every turn. Strangely, the darkness wasn’t scary, it was as if I somehow knew it wasn’t hiding anything dangerous.

I was about to take a step forward when I felt a weight on my thigh. I looked at it and noticed there was a gun. A gun? Why is there a gun on me. It’s a weapon either way, I guess. I looked at my other thigh. There was a knife instead. 

When I reached to grab it, I noticed I had leather gloves on. That’s when I looked at the rest of my body. I was in the same clothes as earlier but had a few more items on my body. There were goggles on my head and a camo backpack on my back. When I opened the backpack, there was a black cloak. It was made of an unknown material but was silky to the touch. I left the cloak in the backpack and put it on my back.

Suddenly, there was a glowing arrow pointing in front of me. Glowing things again?, I grumbled as I followed it to see where it would lead.

A few minutes later, I was in front of a glowing screen that said, ‘Welcome player! You must be very lucky. You are the first player in this region to find a special skill. As the first player you get an extra reward. It’s in your backpack. Now onto the skills you can choose from. As the first person, you can choose two skills from the five shown. Keep in mind all skills are starter skills.

[Comms]- This skill will allow you to communicate with any other person who has this skill. Not restricted by continent. Can evolve.

[Enhanced Physique]- This skill is self explanatory. Cannot evolve due to the restrictions of a human body.

[Hawk Eyes]- A useful skill whether or not you are planning to be a sniper. Let you see farther and clearer. Cannot evolve due to the restrictions of a human body. Warning: Do not wear glasses while using this skill.

[Target]- This skill will increase your chances of your attack hitting the target. Can evolve.

[Sprint]- Self explanatory. This skill will allow the player to move at a higher speed depending on their luck. Only works for short bursts. Warning: If overused, nerves can be irreparably damaged.

Once you have chosen the skills, please tap on the corresponding skill. You cannot change your decision, so choose wisely.’

What…in the world is going on?!

0