Chapter Seven: I Need Food
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No. Not the food… 

At that point I decided. The first thing I’m going to do is get some food. Then I will figure out where I am.

I zipped up the bag and put on the cloak. I wasn’t sure if it made a difference because the shadows were small. Then I pulled the goggles over my eyes and warily opened the door.

I pointed the gun out first like they do in the movies. There didn’t seem to be anything around me.  I constantly looked around me. I seemed to be in a flat area. That was bad. Even though nothing could hide from me, I can’t hide from them either. Luckily, there seemed to be a house nearby. I slowly moved towards the house as I checked my surroundings.

There didn’t seem to be anyone living in the house. I could hear no noise. I moved to the front door and tried opening it. It didn’t open. It was locked.

I pulled out my knife and got ready to find a rock to throw through the window when I noticed the garage was open. The car was on the driveway like the person was getting ready to leave. I headed towards the car and noticed the gas was full.

Score! I don’t know how to drive, but how hard can it be?

Very hard as I soon learned.

BAM! Oh no… Did I crash it? I think it's fine… I’m just gonna continue driving.

The car didn't have much in it, but it had a bottle of water. I took it. It also had a bumper sticker with a picture of Nevada. So I’m guessing I’m in Nevada right now.

I’ve been driving for a few minutes now and I still have yet to come across a store. But I have been mapping everywhere I go, so at least I won't be going around in circles.

After 20 minutes, I found some stores. I was running out of gas, so it's good I found them.

I got out of the car with my gun out and looked around. There didn’t seem to be anything wei-Woof!

Woof? Is there a dog? I looked at where the sound came from and saw a dog. But it didn't look like dogs normally do. It's mouth was dripping saliva excessively and it’s eyes seemed dilated. I immediately pulled by gun and tried appraising it.

The distance was too far. I got on the hood of the car and waited until the dog got nearby. “Appraise.”

[Stray Dog(Mad)]- This dog has been afflicted with madness. It will attack.

I read the description of the dog and stared at it. I couldn’t believe I was doing this, so I closed my eyes and shot until I couldn’t hear it panting. After a few moments, I opened my eyes again.

It layed there bleeding. I could stomach such a sight and threw up. I walked around the dead body and put up my defences again to protect myself from any other stray dogs. They seemed easy to kill.

The first store I walked into was a donut store. I went in and grabbed a bag stuffed with donuts and shoved it in my bag. Then I grabbed some coffee, coffee powder, and water as well.

I left the store quickly and continued to the next. The next was a hair salon. I grabbed a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. I went through the remaining four stores and didn’t find much. As I was getting ready to find a place to sleep, a bark echoed through the air.

I stiffened, not ready to kill another dog. I hid in a pillar’s shadow and looked at the dog. This dog seemed different from the one before. It was a German shepherd. I wasn’t slobbering and seemed to move normally. I looked at it carefully, and once it approached near enough, I [Appraised] it.

[Stray Dog]- This is a wandering dog. It is hungry.

I stared at the description for a few seconds before leaving the shadows. The appraisal said the jerky was bad, but maybe the dog will like it.

I pulled out the jerky as the dog stared at me and put it down. I moved back a few meters and the dog approached the food. It sniffed a little and ate it. I put down some more. Finally after feeding it a few minutes, I could get near the dog. It wouldn’t let me touch it, but this was good enough. I figured even if I didn’t have anything to eat, I wouldn’t eat the jerky, so I left it for the dog. And then I walked away.

0