Chapter Eight: An Animal Friend
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But, a strange thing happened at that moment. The dog followed me. When I stopped, it stopped and when I moved it moved. It didn’t get closer to me than a few meters though.

Curious, I appraised the dog again. This time the description was different.

[Stray Dog]- This is a wandering dog. The dog was hungry, but Player Amruta fed it. This caused the dog to follow her. It has not released its suspicions.

I was dumbfounded. The dog… felt thankful. I stared at it for a few more moments before grabbing the jerky. I was planning on finding a place to spend the night, but right now there was a more pressing issue. If I was going to continue feeding the dog, I needed more jerky for it. 

Luckily, the area was commercialized so there might be a store with meat or dog food around. As I wandered in and out a few more stores, the dog continued to follow me.

Suddenly, the dog paused and started to bark loudly. I looked around, but didn’t see anything wrong. The dog seemed to be growling at the sky. In the sky, there were 3 eagles circling above the dog.

One was about to sweep in, when I raised my gun and shot it. The other eagles flew a bit higher, but the gun shot didn’t scare them away. I aimed and shot again. I shot about 13 times before I hit the birds enough for them to fall. Then, I pulled out my knife and cut their throats. After they died, I [Appraised] them.

[Dead Eagle x3]- This eagle has been killed by Player Amruta.  The eagles were afflicted with madness before they died. The meat is hard, but is edible.

I had an idea. It was going to be a gruesome task, but if I could skin and cook the birds, I could feed the dog. I gazed at the bird for a few moments before rolling up my sleeves and getting to work.

After I skinned the bird, I wasn't really sure how to cook it. So I went back to the donut shop to use some of the appliances. They had an oven and it worked, so I cut the bird into thin strips and baked it without seasoning. I only used a fifth of the meat because it was my first time and I wasted a lot. But I did better than I expected to.

Thirty minutes later, I took it out. When I [Appraised] it, I saw this.

[Jerky]- This jerky was made with eagle meat. The meat is not very good for jerky, but it does its purpose. The meat was not seasoned and the hands of an amateur chef did not help. If a human tried eating this, they would probably throw up and get sick. Fortunately, Player Amruta made this a dog, not humans. A dog can eat this, but it will not like it.

“Ha! This is… argh! I feel like it’s mocking me! AGH!” I vented at the ceiling. Hearing my voice, the dog entered the room and smelled the jerky. The dog’s face did not change, so I didn’t know what it was thinking.

It was late at night, so I ate a donut and went to sleep.

0