Chapter Nine: Unlucky Encounter
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up the next morning, I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I found some toothpaste and some toothbrushes while looking through the stores. There was no shower so I just threw some water on my face and left. Once I was out, I gave some of the jerky I made yesterday to the dog. I figured the jerky in my bag would probably last longer as it was made better.

Once I fed the dog, I [Appraised] it again.

[Stray Dog]- This is a wandering dog. The dog was hungry, but Player Amruta fed it. This caused the dog to follow her. It currently likes Player Amruta.

Hmm… the dog likes me? Does this mean I can pet hi-! Wait a second, I don’t know the dog’s gender. I quickly appraised the dog again.

[Stray Dog]- This is a wandering dog. The dog was hungry, but Player Amruta fed it. This caused the dog to follow her. It currently likes Player Amruta.

It's the same. Maybe if I ask?

“What is the gender of the dog?”

‘The dog is a female.’

“Really?! I should give her a name.”

I reached out to the dog. It didn't run away like it used to. The fur was soft and I felt relaxed for the first time since this game has started.

Maybe I should name her… Lucy? Nah. Bella? Nah. I have no idea… As I continued borrowing? items from stores, I tried to think about what to do next. There were only seven days or unlimited ammo and I was on the second day. Also when I appraised items, I noticed they had durability. I could keep the knife from losing durability by cleaning it regularly, but I couldn’t do anything about the others.

Since this was a game, there should be a way to increase durability. There should also be a safe zone, as no game would have players always fighting. My guess is that there is one per sector. I have been travelling west all day yesterday, and I still have not entered another sector.

The biggest problem is how to find the sector. I won’t be able to cover the entire sector in six more days. I have a plan, but I’m not sure it will work yet.

I was jolted out of my reverie by the dog when she barked. She ran towards a big store. Unsure of what I would find, I pulled out my gun and entered the store.

It seemed to be a movie theater. There were movie posters all over the walls and spilled popcorn on the floor. Confused, I looked at the dog. Why did she bring me here? There’s nothing here.

I looked back at her and saw her barking at a poster. I raised my gun and moved towards the poster. The poster said “Faye.” I looked at it and exclaimed, “That’s it. Her name is Faye!”

While I pet Faye, I noticed that something was wrong. The girl in the poster seemed to be smiling. She wasn’t smiling earlier. I quickly raised my gun as I moved back, but it was too late.

A hand reached out of the poster and pulled me in. A bark echoed in my ears before I closed my eyes.

0