Chapter Twelve: Information
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in a kitchenware store this time. I looked around. There were pots of all shapes and sizes. At the counter, there was the judge with a booming voice. He looked at me and said, “Hi Player Amruta. As you have finished the mini-game, you can now collect your reward. You can also buy some pots and pans for your future cooking with myriams.”

I stared at him for a few moments before asking, “What are myriams?”

He stared at me before replying, “You sure are stupid. Myriams are money. You know the type you earn when selling stuff in Solms.” He stared at my confused look before asking, “You don't know what Solms are either? What rock have you been living under? How have you lived so far? Well, I can’t tell you much, but I can give you something helpful.”

“What’s the item?”

“It's a Solm Finder. These are rare you know. They are normally only won at hard mini-games. But I will only give it to you for something worth it.”

“What would you consider worth it? And where is my stuff?”

“Oh right! I should do that first. [Mini-Game Finished]”

As soon as he finished my clothes reappeared and all my items were back. Then a screen appeared in front of me.

‘Please contact the cashier to collect the reward.’

“Can I have my skill?”

“Sure, just come here. The [Cooking] skill… here it is.”

‘Player Amruta has completed The Cookoff. Here is the reward.’

[Cooking]Passive Lv.1- A skill that allows a player to cook with in-game materials. It will not provide any recipes.

I didn’t know if the skill would be helpful, but it wasn't bad to have it.

“Now, what can you trade with me?”

“Ummm…” I frowned. I looked through my backpack but the only thing that seemed worth anything were the donuts. “Would you like a donut?” I ask with a hopeful face.

“A donut… how many?”

“Three?”

“Deal. Sugar is hard to come by after the apocalypse.”

He handed me a small device about the size of a phone. It had no buttons on it. I used [Appraise] on it.

[Solm Finder]- This item is supposed to find Solms. You don’t know much about this item.

“How does it work?”

“You put a drop of blood on it and it's yours. No one else can use it.”

I looked for a sharp item but couldn't find one less dangerous than a knife. I lightly sliced my finger with the knife and left some blood on the device. The blood sunk in and left no stain. The screen lit up.

‘Hi Player Amruta!’

I glanced at it and put it in my pocket. Then I looked around the store. “Do you have anything useful here?”

“Cookware of all types. And any utensils one might need?”

“Does that mean you have knives?”

“Yes, at the back.”

I nodded and went to the back of the shop. There was an entire wall dedicated to knives. I wanted to get an extra knife, but I couldn’t buy them due to the lack of Myriams. I glanced over the wall and left.

“How do I leave this place?”

“Just say ‘Exit Mini-Game.’ Since the mini-game has finished, you can leave.”

“Bye then. [Exit Mini-Game]”

The scene in front of me changed and the poster was in front of me again. A bark signalled I was back in the real world.

0