Chapter 2- Company In the Void
124 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas opened his eyes, only to see darkness. It took him a while to comprehend what he had just done.

He had went into the Abyss!

Legendary Void mages could easily come in and out of the Abyss, using it to dodge attacks and cut down distance. They didn't need to worry about the Void beasts or anything in the Abyss attacking them,.

However, that only applied to powerful Void mages. To novice Void mages like Lucas, entering the Abyss was tantamount to suicide.

After all, who knows what kind of creatures slipped into the Abyss over the years and how they were affected by the Abyss.

In the records left by "Planar Walker", Cristopher Rhodes, a legendary Void mage, he had once run into a Void Eater, a massive ball of mass that grew countless mismatched limbs and mouths that swallowed all matter. That was just one type of creature he could run into in the Abyss!

Shivering, Lucas started to walk in a certain direction. Normally he would just stay still and wait till his mana regenerated, however he felt his mana regenerating faster while walking in that direction.

Two hours later, Lucas couldn't remember how far he had walked. His whole body was aching, and his mouth was parched.

His mana was almost back to normal, his piss poor mana regeneration becoming a new form of torture. Suddenly, Lucas's mana regeneration spiked.

Startled, Lucas looked around the area, only to see a structure in the distance. Lucas reveled in his newly boosted abilities and looked at the building with a look of fervor.

'Does that building have a item that could boost Void magic? Is my luck finally turning around?'

Trying not to get his hopes to high, Lucas ran to the building with all his strength. Worst case scenario, his mana should recover by the time that Lucas arrived, so he could make a quick escape.

Finally seeing the structure up close, Lucas realized it wasn't a building.

It was made up of many bars and plates, with multiple gigantic, weird-looking stairs.

It didn't take long for Lucas to connect two and two together to realize that it was a prison, with those weird stairs being massive chains. But what really gave it away was the giant hulking figure in the cage.

It was a humongous bird with a body made of brown feathers, it wings being completely black with white markings on them. Its claws and beak were yellow, and its body constantly released lightning, hitting the cage before dispersing.

Lucas watched in horror as the massive figure slowly turned around and looked at him.

"Oh, look what we have here! What is a little boy like you doing here?"

4