Chapter 3- Contract In The Void
123 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The voice resounded in Lucas's ears like a clap of thunder. Lucas began to think quick.

Whatever this thing was, it could probably stomp Lucas like a bug. Lucas decided it was better to just be truthful.

"My name is Lucas Grey, son of Count Grey of the Valencia Empire. Oh, great being, is their anything more you need to know?"

The giant bird chuckled.

"No need, I have already read through all your memories. Such a pitiful creature you are, though I expect nothing else from filthy humans."

For a second, a feeling of rage overcame Lucas, but he squashed it down quick. It wasn't the first time Lucas had been humiliated, and he knew better then to offend those above him.

"Though even a pitiful creature like you can have the honor of serving me. Although your mana can't even measure to the tip of my feathers, your Void magic, although detestable, is quite useful to me. I need you to aid me in my freedom."

Freedom? The bird wanted him to release it. Did it think Lucas was stupid? The moment Lucas released him, it would probably kill him and then rampage outside.

"Haha, I don't know whether to praise your intelligence or lament your stupidity. You think a weakling like you can release the cage that seals the great me? Even if you did, your pitiful magic could not possibly open a portal my size."

Fair point. Lucas could only make a portal the size of a human. The bird was the size of a whole building. But then, what did it want?

"Rejoice human, for you are now chosen to be partners with the great me! Although my physical body cannot escape this prison, my spiritual body can. Sign a contract with me mortal, and I will grant all your wishes. Not only can you access my natural lightning affinity, but you can also borrow my mana instead of utilizing that weak mana pool."

Lucas was stunned. Although he normally wouldn't accept such a deal since nothing came for free, he was too greedy to let it pass by.

All his life, he had been suppressed by others because of his weak talent and small mana pool. Now, this being was offering too solve all his problems for him

Lucas made up his mind and approached the Thunderbird.

"Well, fortune favors the bold. Where do I sign?."

5