Chapter 4- Seal In the Void
103 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All you have to do is link your soul with mine and accept the contents of the contract."

Lucas felt a thin line of soul force connecting him to the bird. It wasn't until Lucas connected their souls that he realized how powerful this mysterious being was. His soul was like a pond, while the birds was an ocean.

Reading through the contents of the contract sent by their soul link, Lucas bit his fingers, and let his blood drip onto the floor.

"I, Lucas Grey, sign this binding oath of my free will , so that our souls may merge and bond eternal. Bond thy blood and shed thy steel, for truth is always sealed in crimson."

The bird responded.

"I, Aresion Thorn, the Thunderbird, sign this binding oath of my free will , so that our souls may merge and bond eternal. Bond thy blood and shed thy steel, for truth is always sealed in crimson."

A bird shaped light, which Lucas assumed was his soul, escaped from Aresion's body and entered his. Lucas felt crushed by the immense pressure of Aresion's soul, but soon, a soothing feeling returned him to his normal condition.

Aresion left Lucas's body, acting completely different then how its was acting earlier.

"Haha, take that you old hag! I, Aresion, will soon return!"

Seeing Aresion dancing around in its small bird form, Lucas almost laughed. However, he was far to nervous to find the current situation funny. 

Rubbing his hands together, he activated his Aresion's Lightning magic. Nothing happened. Lucas frowned, thinking that he had been tricked. However, his attention was soon stolen by the mocking laughter behind him.

"Idiot! The Abyss only has Void mana. It's almost impossible to cast any other type of magic. Why else do you think you Void mages always chuck your problems into here? One of your predecessors, the Void Witch, Veronica, threw me in here after caging me and I've been trying to escape since. If it were so easy, this Thunderbird would have escaped ages ago!"

Lucas would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed. He really wanted to try out his newfound powers, but couldn't. Aresion notices this and said

"Don't worry weak human, your not as weak as you think. If you used your true power, you might even match the tip of my claw! That's a great honor!"

Lucas was stunned. What did he mean, true power? Lucas knew about his limits, and knew that he would probably die if the Thunderbird sneezed on him .

"How do I describe it? Imagine your soul is like a bagel. My soul is a golden and crisp bagel in all of it's glory, while your own looks half eaten.

"What did this have to do with bagels? Please explain properly."

"Look kid, to tell you the gist, parts of your soul are missing. It was done precisely and secretively, so whoever had done it must have been an expert. Not even I noticed until we formed a contact. It was done to leave as little damage to your soul as possible while blocking of your mana veins, making your aptitude and mana trash."

Killing intent flashed in Lucas's eye. His whole life filled with misfortune, was dealt to him by  the hands of others. It would be lying if Lucas said he wasn't pissed. He wanted to torture them with the worst methods possible. But who would do such a thing? A person came to mind.

'Lady Gertrude, Conner's mother'

 

 

 

3