Chapter 5- Soul In the Void
114 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas was an illegitimate child of Count Grey, his mom being a maid who worked in the manor. Although Lucas always kept a low profile and was no threat, his very existence was the proof of Count Grey's unfaithfulness. How could the prideful Gertrude, a daughter of Duke Vayne, accept it? 

So, she not only made his life hell, she trained her son Conner to do the same too.

Nothing was higher then Lucas's hate for Lady Gertrude.

However, Aresion shook his head. 

"Nope, theirs no way she could be the culprit."

Lucas didn't buy it.

"What do you mean? She has the status, capital and motive to ruin my soul. After all, I couldn't threaten Conner if I was a waste."

"That's because part of your soul is already here. To be specific, its a part of the soul crystal which acts as a medium for Void magic to power my seal. The only reason you found me was probably the soul resonance between you and the soul crystal.  "

"What? How is that possible? Weren't you sealed by the Void mage Veronica?"

"Stop rejecting reality kid. You can already guess who took your soul apart".

Lucas understood the implications of what he just said. If it was truly the Void Witch Veronica, then Lucas truly had his work cut out for him. His dreams of revenge were getting farther and farther away. 

"Is it possible to get my soul crystal from the cage?"

"No. If a weakling like you tried to interfere with my seal, your pretty much dead. Even with my mana, as your soul is far too weak to utilize it's power."

Lucas knew he was speaking the truth. A mage cultivates their soul and uses it as a medium to manipulate and store mana. The amount a mage can store is known as the mana pool, and that mana is transferred through the mana veins to activate spells.

Lucas was just a Rank 1 mage, and trying to fully channel a Rank 8 being's mana through his soul would be tantamount to suicide.

"Don't get to depressed kid. You still have the great me, right? With my help, you can easily surpass that old hag! "

Lucas slapped himself in the cheek. 

'You haven't given up in the past Lucas, so why stop now? So what if your enemy is a Rank 9 mage?  You can beat her in the future!"

With a look of determination in his eye, he opened a portal to the Otherworld. 

"Lets go. We have business to take care of."

 

2